You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ubertron_X

Free commander respec with update 0.8.7

24 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,570 posts
13,713 battles

Hi guys,

for all of us that are prone to overlooking some of the goodies WG tends to "hide" within their news articles here a friendly reminder that with the arrival of update 0.8.7 this Thursday we will have one week of free commander respec.

In relation to the changes made to the priority sector mechanics and "Massive AA Fire" skill, all players will be able to reset their Commanders' skills for free during the week following the Update's release.

The discount can be obtained until August 29. Click the button below to activate it.

You can find the respective button if you scroll down to approximately middle of the news article:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-087-french-destroyers-part-2/

Best regards,

Ubertron_X

• Cool 10

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,198 battles

Because just doing it ingame was too difficult apparently.

(Or could cut into their earnings off of their... target audience I suppose.)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
379 posts
8,708 battles

Thank you, I would have missed it.i will now promptly forget about it because I have the attention span of a gnat.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
6,935 posts
8,792 battles
46 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Massive AA.

Has anybody understood the new AA mechanism or do you still need  PhD?

I guess someone at WG took lessons from lawyers, the less clear and understandable game mechanic, event description and what have you the better:cap_book:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
653 posts
4,815 battles
54 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Massive AA.

PhD may not be enough for this one..

[CATS]
Players
18,913 posts
12,066 battles
1 minute ago, Kenjiro_ said:

PhD may not be enough for this one..

It is really not difficult. And no, I do not have and do not need a PhD.

[TAYTO]
Players
488 posts
7,227 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You too literal bro.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
653 posts
4,815 battles
20 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

except one is sarcasm maybe :)

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,570 posts
13,713 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

Yeah that button.... I thought it’ll reset all my commanders :Smile_trollface:

Oh come on, where is the problem in resetting and reskilling 80+ commanders???? :cap_yes:

• Funny 1

[P-W-C]
Players
4,717 posts
26,451 battles
4 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Oh come on, where is the problem in resetting and reskilling 80+ commanders???? :cap_yes:

I have 73 commanders 19 pointers :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[RL7S]
Players
220 posts
2,953 battles
23 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Massive AA.

Long range, mid range and short range AA overlap again.

Long range AA is split between flak bursts and aura effect, flak bursts are outer sector only so the effectiveness of long range AA drops as planes get closer. Mid-range and short range AA is still aura effect.

Active sectors that you can leave on is replaced by pointing camera left or right and pressing O to do burst damage vs aircraft, this also raises continuous damage in the left/right AA zone from 100% to 150% over 10 seconds and then 10 seconds of 150% dpm (varies slightly by class of ship).

Massive AA (terrible name) gives double burst damage but removes the buff to continuous damage, it appears to be aimed at ships with low base AA as a last ditch defence. Not sure if skill is worth specing.

Continuous damage, flak damage and aircraft hitpoints have all been rebalanced with the effect of reducing the gap between tiers.

• Cool 3

[W-C]
Players
691 posts
3,571 battles
4 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

So you still have to press O...let's see how that works while you are turning and shooting.

Yes... and no. I think it now triggers based on the side your camera is facing so at least it isn't a push-hold-click.

Quote:  you only need to point the battle camera in the desired direction and press the ~ or О keys.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,290 posts
1 hour ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

So you still have to press O...let's see how that works while you are turning and shooting.

1 hour ago, Rusty_9 said:

Yes... and no. I think it now triggers based on the side your camera is facing so at least it isn't a push-hold-click.

Quote:  you only need to point the battle camera in the desired direction and press the ~ or О keys.

And you should be able to remap the button to something more convenient

• Cool 1

[MIRAI]
Players
1,384 posts
11,783 battles
1 hour ago, Rusty_9 said:

Will be nice if you have to dodge torps coming from one side while planes approach from the other side.

Why not two keys, one for each side?

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,772 posts
5,014 battles

What an ingenious new way to screw people who don't lurk forums and articles.
WG  raises the bar for greed yet again, bravo!

• Cool 2

Players
3,230 posts
14,832 battles
2 hours ago, Alex_Connor said:

Long range, mid range and short range AA overlap again.

Long range AA is split between flak bursts and aura effect, flak bursts are outer sector only so the effectiveness of long range AA drops as planes get closer. Mid-range and short range AA is still aura effect.

Active sectors that you can leave on is replaced by pointing camera left or right and pressing O to do burst damage vs aircraft, this also raises continuous damage in the left/right AA zone from 100% to 150% over 10 seconds and then 10 seconds of 150% dpm (varies slightly by class of ship).

Massive AA (terrible name) gives double burst damage but removes the buff to continuous damage, it appears to be aimed at ships with low base AA as a last ditch defence. Not sure if skill is worth specing.

Continuous damage, flak damage and aircraft hitpoints have all been rebalanced with the effect of reducing the gap between tiers.

Many thanks for providing that explanation for those of us who are not PhDs or Colonels! :Smile_honoring:

Like you, I'm very unsure if the "Massive AA" skill is worth 4 hard-earned skill points.

[CATS]
Players
18,913 posts
12,066 battles
4 hours ago, Kenjiro_ said:

except one is sarcasm maybe :)

We have posts of people who whined their PhD friends did not understand a thing when reading an announcement....

Considering that basic reading is an advanced skill for the WoWs playerbase, it is not far fetched that some people think you need an advanced degree to understand the stuff posted.

• Boring 1

[SQRL]
Players
284 posts
12,183 battles

I don't understand why they put these things in the news, instead of in the game client, or preferably it happens without having to do anything - unless they are deliberately trying to hide it. What was wrong with the previous way the implemented the free respec?. Answer = nothing!

I missed out on the Ovechkin commander for the same reason - not that interested in reading the news!

• Cool 3

Players
1,302 posts
9,583 battles
8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Because just doing it ingame was too difficult apparently.

(Or could cut into their earnings off of their... target audience I suppose.)

Exactly whose side are you on mister? :Smile_sceptic::Smile_facepalm:

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

Players
724 posts
6,061 battles
9 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

Hi guys,

for all of us that are prone to overlooking some of the goodies WG tends to "hide" within their news articles here a friendly reminder that with the arrival of update 0.8.7 this Thursday we will have one week of free commander respec.

You can find the respective button if you scroll down to approximately middle of the news article:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-087-french-destroyers-part-2/

Best regards,

Ubertron_X

Is this only for clan members? If not that's first good thing I've seen dis summer. Sneakily hidden so as to be missed by most players but okay, I will overlook that too. Thanx WG, this was sorely needed.