Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NicramDuel

Research Bureau: 3 simple, important, yet unanswered questions

10 comments in this topic

[HNFC]
Players
243 posts
18,218 battles

Seeing as the Official Feedback Topic in the News and Announcements section has been left alone by "Reds" since friday (all my respects to @Tanatoy for taking the brunt of the community's wrath until then!), with the update rolling in in less than 36 hours, three questions, stand out from the rest. Three that have not been clearly answered by officials on the EU server yet - and three that greatly influence the decision between doing or not doing resets.

1. Do we keep all of our earned/unspent research tokens after specific seasons have ended?

Spoiler

Or are they reset to 0/transformed to credits like other event tokens? If I collect only, say, 40k research tokens this "season", then skip the next two seasons, and only start playing again in, say, march 2020, in the fourth season, will I still have my 40k research points, or will I have 0 (either completely removed, transformed automatically to 750k free exp, or to credits)? 

2. What happens during the birthday event/future snowflake-themed events with reset techtree branches that are only half-done in terms of re-grinding?

Spoiler

Do we still somehow get the high-tier rewards that we were earlier eligible for, before resetting? Automatic reward collection? Previously owned ships appearing in "temporary form", similar to the "temporary Clan Battle ships"? Or any other way? Shortly, is it safe to choose resetting a branch close to, or during such an event? 

3. Are the historic ship-stats on our accounts also reset/modified after a reset or no?

Spoiler

Average damage, average winrate, potentialm damage, etc. Will the second, third, fifth, tenth time I grind through Cleveland, for instance, all reset the previous statistics, or will all the previous ratings be carried on, pooled together? If I need 60 battles each time I level up to Seattle, after the 5th occasion, will I have a summary on my profile for just 60 or all 300 battles(including my first-ever grind)? 

Answers would be highly appreciated from any WG employee. Or even if not, please, at least clarify these issues when posting the update in the news on thursday. For any who plan to undertake this very long journey, these risks should be removed so they can see clearly, and will meet no bad surprises on the way. Likewise, it isn't fair to keep those players wondering either, who would be ready to engage in the Research Bureau stuff, but are afraid of the uncertainty these questions pose. 

• Bad 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,863 posts
14,048 battles

i think ColonelPete has it about right, i'd go with yes, no they wont count, no

• Bad 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,311 posts
2 hours ago, NicramDuel said:

2. What happens during the birthday event/future snowflake-themed events with reset techtree branches that are only half-done in terms of re-grinding? 

for the birthday event, according to the devblog:

We understand that those who decided to use ships to get research points may lose some rewards from them. That's why in the 0.8.8 rewards will be given automatically for all ships which have a bonus for victory for research points. If during the event you will research and purchase the ships for which you got your reward automatically, you will be able to get it second time. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,378 battles
1 hour ago, Klopirat said:

you will be able to get it second time.

That sounds like a broken idea, especially if they allow steel for snowflakes.

Players
3,129 posts
19,551 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Which is perfectly fine for WG. As long as the broken idea caters to feeding whales it's working as intended.

[CATS]
Players
27,448 posts
14,574 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Not really.

You have to reset a whole line for a couple hundred steel.

[BODEM]
Players
799 posts
7,026 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I don't really think that it matters. Those that play this game all the time and do every cb and ranked event will get their steel anyways. Whales too will get what they want anyways for paying cash. For those that don't bother with steel because they don't play that much or are super casual it doesn't matter, because the won't advance that fast in the RB anyways, IF they even completed 5 lines T10 for that matter. 

In the end that extra few steel matters to those that pick up a ranked/cb season from time to time and sit on a bunch of steel which just lacks the amount to buy a ship with it. Those people might complete a line or 2 in that period if they really go for it. 

Only the first two groups mentioned, the hardcores that probably all do the rankedcb stuff too and the whales, are the only groups that could really rake in the steel from such an event, but are also the two parties that most of the time got everything already, sitting on a mountain of resources by playing really much or having their credit card built into their pc's. 

As a sidenote: those two groups are also the two people WG thrives on. Not really relevant info for the point I made, but as a seperate point I could understand those groups might sometimes be a wee bit more important for WG as they keep the boat floating more than for instance I do with a ship here and there and some premium time before a big break. 

But like I said, the whales and hardcores won't be fased by some extra chance on steel.

[WG]
WG Staff
4,371 posts
4,348 battles
Před 7 hodinami NicramDuel řekl/a:

Seeing as the Official Feedback Topic in the News and Announcements section has been left alone by "Reds" since friday (all my respects to @Tanatoy for taking the brunt of the community's wrath until then!), with the update rolling in in less than 36 hours, three questions, stand out from the rest. Three that have not been clearly answered by officials on the EU server yet - and three that greatly influence the decision between doing or not doing resets.

1. Do we keep all of our earned/unspent research tokens after specific seasons have ended?

Odhalit skrytý obsah

Skrýt obsah

Do we still somehow get the high-tier rewards that we were earlier eligible for, before resetting? Automatic reward collection? Previously owned ships appearing in "temporary form", similar to the "temporary Clan Battle ships"? Or any other way? Shortly, is it safe to choose resetting a branch close to, or during such an event? 

3. Are the historic ship-stats on our accounts also reset/modified after a reset or no?

Odhalit skrytý obsah

Answers would be highly appreciated from any WG employee. Or even if not, please, at least clarify these issues when posting the update in the news on thursday. For any who plan to undertake this very long journey, these risks should be removed so they can see clearly, and will meet no bad surprises on the way. Likewise, it isn't fair to keep those players wondering either, who would be ready to engage in the Research Bureau stuff, but are afraid of the uncertainty these questions pose. 

As you wanted the answer from WG employee, I will just confirm, what ColonelPete and Klopirat whote here, as those are correct answers :cap_like: 

Před 5 hodinami ColonelPete řekl/a:
  1. Yes
  2. Not yet revealed
  3.  No

Před 4 hodinami Klopirat řekl/a:

for the birthday event, according to the devblog:

We understand that those who decided to use ships to get research points may lose some rewards from them. That's why in the 0.8.8 rewards will be given automatically for all ships which have a bonus for victory for research points. If during the event you will research and purchase the ships for which you got your reward automatically, you will be able to get it second time. 

Thank you guys :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 5

Sign in to follow this