You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Number of USN Tier IX "Benham" DDs in WoWs...

37 comments in this topic

[RO-RN]
Players
520 posts
6,821 battles

This thing Benham has more battles on wows stats and numbers than neutrashimy which was released a long time before benham! 

• Cool 1

Players
1,755 posts
4,587 battles
7 hours ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

Oh ok. I thought the green team was always full of bots.

Depends if I am on the team or not, lol

[VH]
Players
110 posts
9,920 battles

ranked is full of them and always getting slain by the even higher number of kitas

Players
611 posts
14,791 battles
18 minutes ago, BlackYeti said:

Worst part of the grind was the neccessity to play rogue wave for a month... 

I didn't honestly mind if I just went nuts playing them for a while and even got reasonably good at it 

IMG_4758.JPG

[SCRUB]
Players
3,615 posts
11,921 battles
52 minutes ago, BlackYeti said:

Worst part of the grind was the neccessity to play rogue wave for a month... 

My thoughts exactly .. though it was sometimes fun with divs

[P-W-C]
Players
4,693 posts
26,402 battles
1 hour ago, Animalul2012 said:

This thing Benham has more battles on wows stats and numbers than neutrashimy which was released a long time before benham! 

Cause nobody will pay 20k steel for “almost a Grozovoi” unlike the Somers. 

[SM0KE]
Players
3,275 posts
8,339 battles
9 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

Plus Benson is just a Farragut with 16 tubes, so really not that interesting.

7 hours ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

its an OP DD. look at rank battles this season.

My feeling is that it's somewhere in the middle: at T9, the reliance on torps, relatively weak guns, and okay concealment make for a nice change from the usual high tier US gameplay (epitomised by Fletcher). I made quite a lot of use of her in Ranked on my alt account, and she worked pretty well for that (and that was with only around 13-15 points on the captain); I do think she is rather different to an up-tiered Farragut, if only because of the substantial stealth torp window (and the guns are weaker, tier for tier).

Equally, I don't feel she's OP: she's heavily reliant on torps (no sh*t, Sherlock!), so a reasonably competent target can dodge a lot of your attacks - makes her a bit of a 'potato masher' I suppose. The guns are quite weak for the tier, so you're largely limited to finishing off maimed targets. The weak AA doesn't do Benham any favours; although that didn't matter for Ranked, it's a limiting factor any time there are CVs in play. She's stealthy 'enough', but gets out-spotted (or close) by a lot of the classic DD hunters.

I can imagine better players being a bit sniffy about Benham: she's quite easy to play, but perhaps isn't the best choice for the uber high-skill plays that better players seem capable of (so, not me then!)...

[HEATH]
Players
161 posts
15,036 battles

The biggest weakness of BENHAM is the HP pool, the lowest at tier 9= 17.650 HP normal captain with SE. Except Yugumo -18650 HP, all the other DDs have 20.000+ and some even have heal.

[NWP]
Players
1,933 posts
11,355 battles
2 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Cause nobody will pay 20k steel for “almost a Grozovoi” unlike the Somers. 

*cough* I did *cough*

AND I DON'T REGRET IT!!!!!! 

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
4,693 posts
26,402 battles
2 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

*cough* I did *cough*

AND I DON'T REGRET IT!!!!!! 

Well. All server knows that :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[SPWAR]
Players
93 posts
7,749 battles
7 hours ago, Verblonde said:

My feeling is that it's somewhere in the middle: at T9, the reliance on torps, relatively weak guns, and okay concealment make for a nice change from the usual high tier US gameplay (epitomised by Fletcher). I made quite a lot of use of her in Ranked on my alt account, and she worked pretty well for that (and that was with only around 13-15 points on the captain); I do think she is rather different to an up-tiered Farragut, if only because of the substantial stealth torp window (and the guns are weaker, tier for tier).

Equally, I don't feel she's OP: she's heavily reliant on torps (no sh*t, Sherlock!), so a reasonably competent target can dodge a lot of your attacks - makes her a bit of a 'potato masher' I suppose. The guns are quite weak for the tier, so you're largely limited to finishing off maimed targets. The weak AA doesn't do Benham any favours; although that didn't matter for Ranked, it's a limiting factor any time there are CVs in play. She's stealthy 'enough', but gets out-spotted (or close) by a lot of the classic DD hunters.

I can imagine better players being a bit sniffy about Benham: she's quite easy to play, but perhaps isn't the best choice for the uber high-skill plays that better players seem capable of (so, not me then!)...

u r very accurate in your analysis. I play most torps and IJN DDs so I know what funny AA and week guns means.

excellent analysis!:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
1,788 posts
10,397 battles

i think it's too early to see the numbers yet, if the stats require 40+ random battles, i've played mine a lot in ranked so there will probably be quite a few who haven't reached that threshold it just random battles...