You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Number of USN Tier IX "Benham" DDs in WoWs...

37 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,567 posts
10,535 battles

Hi all,

Number of USN Tier IX "Benham" DDs in WoWs...

Few days ago WG posted some InfoGraphics regarding the "Rouge Wave" event but they didn't post the most interesting info - how many "Benham" DDs were issued...

"Rogue Wave: Summing up the Event!"

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/rogue-wave-results/

If we take a look at "MapleSyrup" we see the following data:

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/ShipAvgList/ShipAvgList.html

Week of 2019/07/06112 Unique Player IDs playing at least 1 Random game in "Benham"

Week of 2019/07/13158 Unique Player IDs playing at least 1 Random game in "Benham"

Week of 2019/07/20350 Unique Player IDs playing at least 1 Random game in "Benham"

Week of 2019/07/27 = 1102 Unique Player IDs playing at least 1 Random game in "Benham"

Week of 2019/08/03594 Unique Player IDs playing at least 1 Random game in "Benham"

Week of 2019/08/17776 Unique Player IDs playing at least 1 Random game in "Benham"

If we take a look at "WoWs Stats & Numbers":

https://wows-numbers.com/ship/3761125360,Benham/?p=7

We see that there are 612 players with more than 40 battles in "Benham"

Overall... the numbers look rather low and possibly just 1000+ "Benham" DDs were issued in total... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

Players
626 posts
14,865 battles

I'm surprised it was that low, I mean the grind was a pain and really was a chore in the end to get her for free but still I would have expected more people to have got her. 

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
3,281 posts
8,383 battles

The impression I got from much that was written about Benham was that she was a bit meh (I must say, I've been pleasantly surprised since I got mine) - perhaps I wasn't the only one, and people didn't make much effort/unchain their wallets?

That goes double when one recalls that you were effectively forced to play the special mode to get the ship for free.

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
4,753 posts
26,595 battles
1 hour ago, lovelacebeer said:

I'm surprised it was that low, I mean the grind was a pain and really was a chore in the end to get her for free but still I would have expected more people to have got her. 

Well I'm not surprised. About 60-65% said they won't grind it. And some wanted it, tried but failed. Some bought containers but the rest gave up.

• Cool 1

Players
626 posts
14,865 battles
2 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Well I'm not surprised. About 60-65% said they won't grind it. And some wanted it, tried but failed. Some bought containers but the rest gave up.

I suppose it's my natural cynicism I never believe people when they say they won't do something, and I just assumed a lot of people would buy the containers to make sure they got her. 

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
5,957 posts
7,214 battles
1 minute ago, lovelacebeer said:

I suppose it's my natural cynicism I never believe people when they say they won't do something, and I just assumed a lot of people would buy the containers to make sure they got her. 

Got it, and didnt pay anything for it :Smile_hiding:

But i dont think it was worth it... doesnt feel like a good division DD. Maybe in a division with another DD :cap_yes:

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
4,753 posts
26,595 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

But i dont think it was worth it... doesnt feel like a good division DD. Maybe in a division with another DD :cap_yes:

With the Black :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
684 posts
5,367 battles
13 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

What is division?

Is that what you do when you got this weird thing called; "friends"?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[NWP]
Players
5,957 posts
7,214 battles
2 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

What is division?

Is that what you do when you got this weird thing called; "friends"?

Ive heard you dont need "friends" you can do it with random people too, just invite them after game starts :Smile_hiding:

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
1,243 posts
3,590 battles
2 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

Its not that Surprising at all to be Honest.

The Grind wasnt so Hard in the Sense of being Grind. But in the Sense of not Failing to do it.

If you missed just 3 Daily Missions during the entire Event. You were no longer able to get the Benham for Free.

So aside from the maybe 100-200 Whales which Simply threw 150 Euro at Wargaming to get the Benham instantly without doing any Grind.

The Challenge for everyone else was Really Big.

Because most of us are Working. And thus might not actually be able to Play every Single Day.

And as Failing the Daily Grind you lacked at Minimum 3-4 Crates and thus basicly 20 Bucks of Gold Doubloon if you Failed the Marathon Grind. The Hurdle of getting it for a Normal Player was Pretty high.

After all. Fail Just 2 Days of Grind and you got to Pay 20 Bucks for the Benham. Thats not a small amount for the Normal Player.

And if on top you Failed any of the other Bigger Tasks you would Increase in Steps of 5-10 Euro.

Ultimately. The only People getting the Benham was the People Ready to Throw Money at the Game. And the People which could Complete the Daily Grind.

I myself only got the Benham because I was Lucky and the Event happened right over my Summer Break.

Thus I only had a few of the Early Event Days where I had to do the Daily Grind atop of my Work. And for the entire Later Half of the Event I had lots of Time as I was Off Duty.

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
684 posts
5,367 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Ive heard you dont need "friends" you can do it with random people too, just invite them after game starts :Smile_hiding:

Oh ok. I thought the green team was always full of bots.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
720 posts
8,475 battles
4 hours ago, Verblonde said:

The impression I got from much that was written about Benham was that she was a bit meh (I must say, I've been pleasantly surprised since I got mine) - perhaps I wasn't the only one, and people didn't make much effort/unchain their wallets?

That goes double when one recalls that you were effectively forced to play the special mode to get the ship for free.

I didn't like the mode and have stopped buying their containers for any reason. Plus Benson is just a Farragut with 16 tubes, so really not that interesting. 

[SPWAR]
Players
94 posts
7,839 battles
1 hour ago, That_Other_Nid said:

I didn't like the mode and have stopped buying their containers for any reason. Plus Benson is just a Farragut with 16 tubes, so really not that interesting. 

no it is not

its an OP DD. look at rank battles this season. 

I like her very much but I think they ll nerf it. :Smile_sad:

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
832 posts

I'm one of those that didn't even try to bother. That gamemode was so utterly boring I pretty much stopped flat in the first day.

• Cool 3

[STARS]
Beta Tester
132 posts
14,162 battles
2 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

This. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
415 posts
9,705 battles

From day one I did not bother with daily grind, but I forked some bucks, much better solution from my perspective.

But I did have a time to do it, just didn't want to be bothered with this daily. I normally do 20+ daily per month, I can do 30 if needed, but not more, I do not find it fun to do dailies.

Players
720 posts
8,475 battles
2 hours ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

no it is not

I sank a bunch of them in a Chung Mu. Beyond spraying torpedoes all over the ocean it's kinda useless. It's small and the gun power low. 

• Cool 2

[-GOD-]
Players
986 posts
15,495 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

From day one I did not bother with daily grind, but I forked some bucks, much better solution from my perspective.

But I did have a time to do it, just didn't want to be bothered with this daily. I normally do 20+ daily per month, I can do 30 if needed, but not more, I do not find it fun to do dailies.

Interesting. For me it's the opposite. I decided to not bother with the grind, and because the attached forcefed event game mode was so freakishly bad, and WG seems to be addicted to lootboxes themselves, for me it was the event where I decided to be done with spending money on this game and to free 2 play from now on. My money is better spent elsewhere.

Free 2 play companies get addicted to creating addiction mechanics themselves, and once they do they stop creating a game and start creating marketing and gambling systems steered by their marketing departments. The grinds and loot they design gets weirder and weirder and completely disconnects from having fun in the game: symptoms of addiction itself ironiccaly. It's no longer about gamers creating great games, but gamblers creating addiction.

Color me blind but I can't be arsed to support companies like that. It's like funding a junky.

Also, Benhams hardly ever impress me when encountering them in game, and when I'm in a BB I usually wait for my team to handle them. They hardly ever survive a direct confrontation and I've been killing plenty from the day they appeared on the server. Still, I would love to own one, but can't be arsed to grind or fork over money any more...

• Cool 1

Players
2,900 posts
13,842 battles

Benham is a very capable torpedo boat as long as you play it in it's limits.

Many players are too eager to throw all torpedos, overextend, get spotted and killed.

• Cool 2

[-GOD-]
Players
986 posts
15,495 battles
6 hours ago, Randschwimmer said:

Benham is a very capable torpedo boat as long as you play it in it's limits.

Many players are too eager to throw all torpedos, overextend, get spotted and killed.

That's actually rather funny because it fits the profile of players that enjoyed the hyper torpedo spam game mode that was coupled to the grind... :Smile_trollface:

I even think I remember someone writing on this forum they thought the game mode was great because it taught them how to use torpedoes. Which explains the many early deaths of Benhams i see :fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
4,753 posts
26,595 battles
6 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Its not that Surprising at all to be Honest.

The Grind wasnt so Hard in the Sense of being Grind. But in the Sense of not Failing to do it.

If you missed just 3 Daily Missions during the entire Event. You were no longer able to get the Benham for Free.

So aside from the maybe 100-200 Whales which Simply threw 150 Euro at Wargaming to get the Benham instantly without doing any Grind.

The Challenge for everyone else was Really Big.

Because most of us are Working. And thus might not actually be able to Play every Single Day.

And as Failing the Daily Grind you lacked at Minimum 3-4 Crates and thus basicly 20 Bucks of Gold Doubloon if you Failed the Marathon Grind. The Hurdle of getting it for a Normal Player was Pretty high.

After all. Fail Just 2 Days of Grind and you got to Pay 20 Bucks for the Benham. Thats not a small amount for the Normal Player.

And if on top you Failed any of the other Bigger Tasks you would Increase in Steps of 5-10 Euro.

Ultimately. The only People getting the Benham was the People Ready to Throw Money at the Game. And the People which could Complete the Daily Grind.

I myself only got the Benham because I was Lucky and the Event happened right over my Summer Break.

Thus I only had a few of the Early Event Days where I had to do the Daily Grind atop of my Work. And for the entire Later Half of the Event I had lots of Time as I was Off Duty.

It was long, had to be played daily and....of you failed you had to buy containers . It was a tiring grind.

Beta Tester
232 posts
6,556 battles
3 hours ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

That would be controversial, a lot of the people who have her will have spent money to get her and WG usually don't like to touch ships people have paid for. If only about 1100 people have her it would be easier for them to leave the Benham alone and just not make her available again.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,014 posts
13,616 battles
4 hours ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

no it is not

Benham in ranked is quite trash btw .. besides torp soup it’s weak gets murdered by everything. 

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Players
439 posts
8,538 battles
11 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

Worst part of the grind was the neccessity to play rogue wave for a month... 

• Cool 1