You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Elektroboot

Submarines with acoustic torpedoes. Bad idea or good?

Which option do you think would be best if acoustic torpedoes would be in-game?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which option do you think would be best if acoustic torpedoes would be in-game?

• Submarines that historically came with these can use it against surface vessels and submarines. But provide possibly hard counters such as noise makers.
    • Introduce it for CVs as an anti submarine weapon via aerial drop.
    • Both 1 and 2 option.
    • Acoustic torpedoes should only work against other Submarines, kinda like AP/HE option for Submarines but torpedoes.
    • Acoustic torpedoes is a bad idea and shouldn't be in-game.
    • They should be added but my idea isn't on the list.

55 comments in this topic

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,364 posts
7,871 battles

I really don't like the idea of automated DC. It's one sided and totall RNG-based. The DD needs some control. Same with AA. Since the explosions are now only on long range, why not making a manual control out of it? The Player wouldn't be more distracted then he is right now. Just giving one or two aimed barrages away is not more distracting then looking at the planes and press the burst button.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,364 posts
7,871 battles
2 minutes ago, Von_Pruss said:

The one and only important question is, if you can ram full hp surface vessels to oblivion from under the sea with submarines! :etc_red_button:

The ram damage depends on the vessel HP and submarines have the lowest HP Pool. So a ramming submarine would be just like one torpedo hit - worth wasting a stealh vessel? ;D

Players
1,006 posts
6,184 battles
1 minute ago, Pikkozoikum said:

I really don't like the idea of automated DC. It's one sided and totall RNG-based.

Well, in real life, can you tell depth charges are not rng based?

I don't see any good alternative, I believe it must be automatic.

What I'm not sure about, is if only DD have depth charges, that can make submarines very annoying in the late game.

• Cool 1

Players
391 posts
2,642 battles
7 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

The ram damage depends on the vessel HP and submarines have the lowest HP Pool. So a ramming submarine would be just like one torpedo hit - worth wasting a stealh vessel? ;D

We will see, maybe...

- Also, think about depth charges being auto dropped on submarines right below the surface vessels

- Or subs surfacing from below surface vessels

- Or if they add shallow waters, what if a depth charge detonated in shallow waters

I hope subs get the troll meme potential they deserve and ships begin to just explode from out of nowhere! :cap_haloween:

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,364 posts
7,871 battles
41 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

Well, in real life, can you tell depth charges are not rng based?

I don't see any good alternative, I believe it must be automatic.

What I'm not sure about, is if only DD have depth charges, that can make submarines very annoying in the late game.

First of all, you never can argue with real life in an arcade game. If something appears realistic, then it could be a plus point.

Beside that, in real life the Commander, or some Office had control over the depth charges, they could time them and say "throw now" and not like a random mechanism.

In Steel Ocean the DDs and CLs could throw them manually and they had all a different throw pattern. Some went off the side, some behind. Some further behind. That was interesting and engaging! I want Manually drop the DCs!

37 minutes ago, Von_Pruss said:

We will see, maybe...

- Also, think about depth charges being auto dropped on submarines right below the surface vessels

- Or subs surfacing from below surface vessels

- Or if they add shallow waters, what if a depth charge detonated in shallow waters

I hope subs get the troll meme potential they deserve and ships begin to just explode from out of nowhere! :cap_haloween:

That was actually the fun part in Steel ocean. Sink a BB out of nowhere and they had no clue about it xD