You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.7: French Destroyers – Part 2

96 comments in this topic

[4-20]
[4-20]
Players
215 posts
6 hours ago, Vbeest said:

Nerfing? Has anything changed vs. the test server? Because there AA was ridicolously powerful. To the point that you will likely stop seing CVs in game now at all...

Lots of us willing to, btw

[TALOS]
Players
270 posts
10,035 battles
9 hours ago, Budget_War said:

Hi i noticed a bug with the manual secondaries skill:
I use this skill on my aircraft carriers and it does not work when: I am flying around with a squadron and press control and try to select a ship or when im looking at my carrier and have a squadron selected.
It only works when i return to the carrier and have no squadron selected

also i'm am worried about the game
the last thing the game needs right now are high tier ships with lots of small fast firing guns, radar, sonar and AA
The meta has shifted from stealth and brawling to gunboat and camping
especially the value of stealth has been undermined the last few years. Things like: radar, sonar, lots and lots of fast gunboats and the incredible scouting potential of carriers have undermined the ability to perform ambushes for DD's and CA's
I think that stealth is the perfect tool to promote active and risky play styles and discourage camping and passive play
also i think that we need to split up the current pool of ships in more classes: battleships, battle cruisers, heavy cruisers, light cruisers, gunboats, destroyers carriers and in the future subs.
each class having its own advantages and its own consumable with no exceptions or premiums with gimmicks

the only cure to that is the reality; only the ship who spot can lock on target! everybody can see the ship in minimap but not lock on, as happening those days.

only after 1980 was possible "one spot another fire".

(the same goes with the "lock on target"; a Fletcher captain will give a hand for this and a Dreadnought captain had never imagine that is possible!)

• Cool 1

[TALOS]
Players
270 posts
10,035 battles
6 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

So you mean they should put two "empty" tiers into the game just so the MM can use them in the calculations. I don't see the point of it. For me, I've never had a problem playing T8s in T10 games, or T3 in a T5 game.

The whole "MM = bad" thing is just a storm in a teacup . You do your best no matter what. It's as easy as that.

no it is not as easy. Is one thing to play as good as u can being the worst ship in the battle and another thing playing a ship that has some potential to fight the others (even if u don't know how to). IF u r a good player u blame yourself for the mistakes not your fortune... (or the others...)

I think that +-1 MM is better than imaginary tiers

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[S-M-V]
Players
80 posts
8,476 battles
17 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

This might be a hint....

1644882743_2019-08-19(5).thumb.png.7150d0c7d1fa988f935a8c5c9a68df15.png

Do we at least know, will it be for coal? Steel? Those new silly tokens or what ever are they called?

As much as Smolensk looks tasty, so does Friesland.......

I have arround 320k coal, but that aint nuff for both of them if it would be for coal :D

[-GG-]
Players
314 posts
17,347 battles
5 minutes ago, PiXiE93 said:

Do we at least know, will it be for coal? Steel? Those new silly tokens or what ever are they called?

I have arround 320k coal, but that aint nuff for both of them if it would be for coal :D

They said at some point: Friesland is free exp ship.

Personally I think it will be a flop like Neustrashny sale. Pricing "weird" DDs at 20k steel or 1m freexp is simply insane.

[S-M-V]
Players
80 posts
8,476 battles

And my second comment, You know WG, I really had a bit enough of this. 

The new Season of Clan Battles starts on July 31 and ends on September 16, 2019.

Ranked starts 8. august, it ends 03. september, AND JUST TWO DAYS LATER STARTS RANKED SPRINT.

But hey, thats not all, tomorow starts that new pach with research bureau, where you need to grind ships and points to get Colbert, 

French Destroyers event part 2. starts tomorrow and ends 16. september.

I mean litteraly what the fluff...

I have 77 ships in port, because of your CONSTANT PUSHING EVERYTHING IN SAME TIME i can play 6-7 of them per day and that is the reason i really started to ABSOLUTELY HATE this game. 

I want to play all, i want to participate in everything, but We hoomans, who have normal work. We litteraly cannot participate in this because we dont have that time. 

So please, @Crysantos, @MrConway, and the rest of you guys, (I know that You are on Gamescom) but have some pitty of us normal guys, who just wanna have a bit of fun in this game, grind some ships ect. and not being constanty punished and pushed by your Beautifull game.

With regards!!

• Cool 7

[S-M-V]
Players
80 posts
8,476 battles
8 minutes ago, radius77 said:

They said at some point: Friesland is free exp ship.

Personally I think it will be a flop like Neustrashny sale. Pricing "weird" DDs at 20k steel or 1m freexp is simply insane.

Yup, this wont be anything like we havent seen before :D

[-NYX-]
Players
178 posts
6,442 battles

Like WoT was good only til the time a JagdTiger started to face UFO or postwar (over 10 years after) modern tanks, WoWs will probably loose the nice play-style it still has now.

Well I know there was a better time and the game had some changes for the worse, but it still is possible to use WW2 ships and feel not too outdated.
please keep WW2 based ships into their own era.
Post-war is fine but keep it post-war.
We all know how in WoT superb German tanks has to battle late 50 tanks.... and all kinds of blueprints.
Just because there was no real counter for them at that time.

And just make MM one tier differ.
That would solve all or at the least most issues .

One tier differ in MM will bring more players to the game again... or at the least will keep players in the game. specially at low tiers.
I have no problems killing ships 2 tier higher, but the world is not turning around me.
So don't reply that there is no problem facing ships 2 tier higher because the world doesn't turn around you neither!

but for the average players 2 tier max. ,per battle, would be perfectly nice. and so everybody would benefit.  

• Cool 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,258 posts
15,488 battles
1 hour ago, PiXiE93 said:

Free XP. Not said how much.

• Cool 1

Players
17 posts
17 hours ago, Vbeest said:

Nerfing? Has anything changed vs. the test server? Because there AA was ridicolously powerful. To the point that you will likely stop seing CVs in game now at all...

Let's hope that dream comes true. Maybe we can have the game back from SIM-players and spacefaring devs.

[-TAP-]
[-TAP-]
Beta Tester
80 posts
9,807 battles

Such a shame really.

Back when WOWS starting gathering pace, listening to testers and (apparently) learning from it's mistakes on WOT to make a more enjoyable game for the players - rather than just another cash cow .

But right now, everything WG do is demonstrating again and again that the way forward is to copy the sales techniques/ game design development of WOT because hey, that bubble hasn't burst yet, has it? Has it?

• Cool 3

Players
3,328 posts
15,811 battles
12 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

So you mean they should put two "empty" tiers into the game just so the MM can use them in the calculations. I don't see the point of it. For me, I've never had a problem playing T8s in T10 games, or T3 in a T5 game.

The whole "MM = bad" thing is just a storm in a teacup . You do your best no matter what. It's as easy as that.

Respectfully, I disagree.

I suspect that you have "never had a problem playing T8s in T10 games, or T3 in a T5 game." because you are a good enough player to cope with it. in which case, respect. :Smile_honoring:

"The whole "MM = bad" thing is just a storm in a teacup . You do your best no matter what. It's as easy as that."

I HATE being bottom tier. It sucks the fun out of the game to be the underdog. However, I find it tolerable if I can be "top dog" equally as much. It appeals to my British sense of fair play.  :Smile_smile:

I understand that some people think it unrealistic to expect that you can be top/bottom tier in equal amounts. If that is so then I consider the matchmaking fundamentally flawed.

Maybe i should quit such a game? Maybe so, but if I do then i am sure that Wargaming will be glad that I quit AFTER I have spent so much on the game, rather than before.

• Cool 1

Players
2,970 posts
18 hours ago, Vbeest said:

Well that will make a lot of people happy, yet also shoot WG in the foot if the ever release both the Indomitable or the Ark Royal, bit like al the screamers in WoT's who wished for and got the Type 5 nerfed, now not worth playing, however like many have said WG does not give a rats [edited]about what we the players want, so they still sell CV's  which are gimped, greed knows no bounds.

CV's are dead, unless your that Elazur guy, but he is unicom so don't really count.

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,020 posts
30,519 battles
20 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

This might be a hint....

1644882743_2019-08-19(5).thumb.png.7150d0c7d1fa988f935a8c5c9a68df15.png

Or it's the exclusive news announcement on the live stream at 17.00 o'clock

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
1,510 posts
3,271 battles

Сommander's Dismissal time increased from 5 to 60 minutes. 

WHY ???

Can we get a quick dismissal option like when you dismiss a commander twice it he'll be removed instantly ?

[MORIA]
Players
7,140 posts
33,519 battles
5 hours ago, PiXiE93 said:

About 1 mln free exp as the rest of the T9s. 

You can get the Smolensk, it costs 244k coal with no coupon used. It’s a cruiser with 16 DD guns and smoke. 

[MORIA]
Players
7,140 posts
33,519 battles
17 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Сommander's Dismissal time increased from 5 to 60 minutes. 

WHY ???

Can we get a quick dismissal option like when you dismiss a commander twice it he'll be removed instantly ?

Does matter so much if it’s 5min or an hour?

[INTRO]
Players
161 posts
4,778 battles
22 hours ago, tobbelobbe_1 said:

Let's hope that dream comes true. Maybe we can have the game back from SIM-players and spacefaring devs.

Delete CVs, CAs, and DDs. Then the game finally becomes skill-based...

• Funny 1

[ALYEN]
Players
1,510 posts
3,271 battles
2 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Does matter so much if it’s 5min or an hour?

Yes if you don't have places in the reserve and you want to shuffle commanders around ...

[STEG]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
205 posts
9,009 battles

image.thumb.png.142a6b3b12068b6b51fc2532767f4fb0.png

Who believes this? You dont have to play a single game from tier 1-5. This is just a way to get players to use up free xp and credits. Nothing more. Who want's to grind a whole tech line from tier 1 to tier 10?  Certainly not I. And the free XP I can much better use on free XP ships. This is only for players with massive amounts of resources. Or perhaps no-lifers that has a *lot* of time available.

Beta Tester
138 posts
4,998 battles

:D for better MM
hopefully changes to AA are not another nerf to CVs
:( no buffs for T8 US CV. Why?

Big NO and why removal of Polish Navy?
There is no such thing as european navy. Never was and never should be.
And nothing will change my mind.

• Cool 1

[TF57]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
195 posts
6,060 battles
1 hour ago, MatJan said:

Big NO and why removal of Polish Navy?
There is no such thing as european navy. Never was and never should be.
And nothing will change my mind.

Is it not even appealing to use your Polish captain in future Swedish/Dutch/Greek ships etc. ;-) at least you have the option to switch flags on all combined nations so you can still retain the Polish flag

[S-M-V]
Players
80 posts
8,476 battles
7 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

About 1 mln free exp as the rest of the T9s. 

You can get the Smolensk, it costs 244k coal with no coupon used. It’s a cruiser with 16 DD guns and smoke. 

Yup! When you all guys said that it will be for free so, then tomorrow I shall welcome Smolenskin my port  :D

• Cool 2