Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sunleader

Submarines Stats :)

14 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,375 posts
8,212 battles

So Apparently a Video on the Russian Channel Popped up.

And People constantly talk about these Ominous Stats of Submarines.

Yet nobody bothered Posting them.

So I.ll make the Attempt ^^

WARNING.

All of these are just Secondary Information and not Directly Sourced.

As Such take them with a Grain of Salt till someone who actually Speaks Russian and thus is able to Properly Quote and Confirm them can say something on it.

Moreover all of them are of course Subject to Change as Subs are not even there yet.

Alot of them are also not making too much Sense and Seem Wrong. So I would not Pay too much Attention to them Entirely.

Its just that they get Mentioned so often that I think People should at least know what others are Talking about when they bring this up.

I will also leave out the Soviet Tree. Because I cant Identify the Submarines in Question Properly.

US Submarine Tree.

T6 Cachalot

9900 HP

24 Knots

Concealment 5km (2.7 Air)

4 Torpedo Tubes in the Bow

2 Torpedo Tubes in the Aft

T8 Salmon

12500 HP

28 Knots

Concealment 6km (1.7 Air)

4 Torpedo Tubes in the Aft

T10 Balao

14300 HP

29 Knots

6 Torpedo Tubes in the Bow

T10 Gato

14200 HP

30 Knots

German Submarine Tree.

T6 U69 (VIIC Class)

8300 HP

24 Knots

1 Torpedo Tubes in the Aft

T8 U190 (IXC/40 Class)

9900 HP

26 Knots

T10 U2501 (XXI Class)

13400 HP

26 Knots

T10 U4501 (XXVI Class)

10200 HP

21 Knots

6 Torpedo Tubes in the Aft

The Stats Look really really Unreliable.

Especially the Concealment.

So I highly Doubt this is what we will Actually get.

But thats apparently whats being Talked about right now.

Feel Free to make Corrections.

And Especially Feel Free to Tell me if you have any Idea about the Soviet Submarine Classes.

Sources

https://www.mmowg.net/world-of-warships-st-german-submarines-tech-tree-u-boat/

https://www.mmowg.net/world-of-warships-st-soviet-submarine-tech-tree-preview/

https://www.mmowg.net/world-of-warships-st-us-submarines-tech-tree/

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
12 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

So Apparently a Video on the Russian Channel Popped up.

And People constantly talk about these Ominous Stats of Submarines.

Yet nobody bothered Posting them.

So I.ll make the Attempt ^^

WARNING.

All of these are just Secondary Information and not Directly Sourced.

As Such take them with a Grain of Salt till someone who actually Speaks Russian and thus is able to Properly Quote and Confirm them can say something on it.

Moreover all of them are of course Subject to Change as Subs are not even there yet.

Alot of them are also not making too much Sense and Seem Wrong. So I would not Pay too much Attention to them Entirely.

Its just that they get Mentioned so often that I think People should at least know what others are Talking about when they bring this up.

I will also leave out the Soviet Tree. Because I cant Identify the Submarines in Question Properly.

US Submarine Tree.

T6 Cachalot

9900 HP

24 Knots

T8 Salmon

12500 HP

28 Knots

T10 Balao

14300 HP

29 Knots

T10 Gato

14200 HP

30 Knots

German Submarine Tree.

T6 U69 (VIIC Class)

8300 HP

24 Knots

1 Torpedo Tubes in the Aft

T8 U190 (IXC/40 Class)

9900 HP

26 Knots

T10 U2501 (XXI Class)

13400 HP

26 Knots

T10 U4501 (XXVI Class)

10200 HP

21 Knots

6 Torpedo Tubes in the Aft

So I highly Doubt this is what we will Actually get.

But thats apparently whats being Talked about right now.

Feel Free to make Corrections.

And Especially Feel Free to Tell me if you have any Idea about the Soviet Submarine Classes.

Sources

https://www.mmowg.net/world-of-warships-st-german-submarines-tech-tree-u-boat/

https://www.mmowg.net/world-of-warships-st-soviet-submarine-tech-tree-preview/

https://www.mmowg.net/world-of-warships-st-us-submarines-tech-tree/

been posted several times, including in the news thread :fish_palm:

[THESO]
3,375 posts
8,212 battles
40 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

been posted several times, including in the news thread :fish_palm:

I checked the News cant Find anything.

Checked the Development Blog Post on Subs. Still cant Find anything.

But I am just an Old Potato so I can miss things ^^

Mind Posting me a Link ?

Players
142 posts
1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

Going off of the halloween event, the biggest balancing factor for subs is the submersion time, without that we've really no idea how they will play.

[GURKA]
Players
5,321 posts
10,733 battles
32 minutes ago, Operation_Crossroads_1 said:

Going off of the halloween event, the biggest balancing factor for subs is the submersion time, without that we've really no idea how they will play.

In Steel Ocean it was like 10 s or something until they start submerge. Just hope they don't do this arcade thing like it was in Halloween with instant submerge :D

[THESO]
3,375 posts
8,212 battles
46 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

In Steel Ocean it was like 10 s or something until they start submerge. Just hope they don't do this arcade thing like it was in Halloween with instant submerge :D

Well it Depends on the Submerging Mechanics in General.

10 Seconds for a Ship with only about 10k HP and barely any Armor is quite a long Time.

So if it was 10 Seconds it will be Dead if its Spotted as even a DD will Destroy it with Guns from 5km away in this Time Frame.

And even a Single Stray Torpedo Hit is likely going to be their End Instantly.

Moreover there will be the Questions on how exactly Submerging will Work.

How long can it Stay Underwater. How fast will it be Underwater.

The Speeds above are Clearly Surface Speeds. And the only Submarine that became Faster instead of losing about Half its Speed Submerged was the German XXI Class Submarine.

The Question will be if you can actually do a Deep Dive here to Avoid Waterline Gunfire.

It will also be Interesting if you get Spotted very Close if your Submerged to Periscope Depth.

And then there is Hydrophone Consumable which will likely Spot you even if your entirely Submerged and which due to its long Duration will keep you Open for about 2 Minutes.

If a Sub cant Deep Dive to Avoid Fire entirely. German DDs and Cruisers will be absolute Horror for Submarines because they can Spot them Submerged even from 5-6km away and then Just Fire AP into the Water to Hit the Submarine below the Waterline.

Its going to be Interesting how WG Plans to do this.

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
Players
5,321 posts
10,733 battles

Well it Depends on the Submerging Mechanics in General.

10 Seconds for a Ship with only about 10k HP and barely any Armor is quite a long Time.

So if it was 10 Seconds it will be Dead if its Spotted as even a DD will Destroy it with Guns from 5km away in this Time Frame.

And even a Single Stray Torpedo Hit is likely going to be their End Instantly. 

Well, I played only IJN and those had the longest diving preperation but also the most HP, so they would have DD like hp. Also it's a different game, so if 10s is too much, WG can tweak it. Just instant diving would be stupid.
You have also to consider, that submarines are super small, so most shells will miss even with a good aim.

The Question will be if you can actually do a Deep Dive here to Avoid Waterline Gunfire.

That's interesting from the perspective of the submarine, how will it look like? I mean visual wise. I'm hyped about the submarines!

And then there is Hydrophone Consumable which will likely Spot you even if your entirely Submerged and which due to its long Duration will keep you Open for about 2 Minutes.

I would assume that they will change the hole mechanic. In Steel Ocean Hydro was a passive and had ticks every second. If a sub was in range at a tick, it will be visible for idk ~3s maybe.

And now different ships have different sonar. BBs like 30s/tick, cruiser 15s/tick and dds 5s/tick. Cruisers and dds had depth charges. For DDs it was easy to hit, while cruiser were a bit sluggish and had more issues to hit the deepth charges.

I would change it like that, because it was fun in Steel Ocean :D (I was a submarine main in Steel Ocean)

Beta Tester
3,186 posts
3,630 battles
11 hours ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Wasn't there one Halloween sub that could insta-dive and insta-surface? Basically, you could do the roller-coaster thing, going across the waves like a fricking dolphin?

They can't put that sort of mechanic into random battles. I remember way back when in Battlefield 1942, one of the first really big first-person shooter titles, when they introduced the ability to jump. You hit spacebar (or whatever) and your soldier instantly jumped about a full meter into the air. There was no stamina-meter or anything like that, so you could do this at full running speed, repeatedly, without losing any momentum. The practical result was that you became really hard to target with gunfire. The visual result was... well, I could call it "extremely silly" but that doesn't really cover it. Basically,  no one went anywhere without jumping, ever again, throughout the game. Sneaking across that alley? You jump it. Going up those stairs? You jump them. Storming across no man's land? You bounce from tuft to tuft like the kangaroo brigade, mouthing "boing, boing" all the while. For me, this was when I stopped taking Battlefield 1942 seriously.

No, I don't believe anything like this is going to happen in World of Warships. I just got to reminiscing about the olden days, is all. Telling youngsters about things that no longer matter, is one of the prerogatives of getting old.

:cap_old:

Image result for gary larson kangaroo

[GURKA]
Players
5,321 posts
10,733 battles

@Procrastes I think that was really only a Halloween "special" mechanic, like the whole Halloween think is about "superpowers" and that stuff. As closer they get to the Steel Ocean subs as happier I will be. I really loved those subs, but WoWs is just way better than Steel Ocean in general. I always hoped for Subs in WoWS

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
3 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

@Procrastes I think that was really only a Halloween "special" mechanic, like the whole Halloween think is about "superpowers" and that stuff. As closer they get to the Steel Ocean subs as happier I will be. I really loved those subs, but WoWs is just way better than Steel Ocean in general. I always hoped for Subs in WoWS

Well it was more dynamic to get people playing. 

Beta Tester
3,186 posts
3,630 battles
1 minute ago, Pikkozoikum said:

I think you are completely right. I believe we can safely assume that the stats of submarines in random battles won't be anything near what they were in that Halloween Special. And since Wargaming has made it clear that they are going to take it slow with the introduction of subs in WoWs, starting with having them in special game modes and such, I'm not overly worried about any of this.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GURKA]
Players
5,321 posts
10,733 battles
18 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

I think you are completely right. I believe we can safely assume that the stats of submarines in random battles won't be anything near what they were in that Halloween Special. And since Wargaming has made it clear that they are going to take it slow with the introduction of subs in WoWs, starting with having them in special game modes and such, I'm not overly worried about any of this.

nice to read some normal posts and not from all these doomsayer ;D

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
19,654 battles

If these speeds are their submerged speeds then I am very afraid.

:Smile_hiding:

They will be a nightmare to counter, without an underwater version of the AA automatic dps. 

This I don't want. 

If we have the speeds that are historical then AntiSubmarine Warfare will be a challenge, but it could be a boring gameplay for the submarine.

Perhaps the posted speeds could be a surfaced speed only when using a Speed Boost consumable. This would allow the Submarine to position for a strike, and / or escape (surfaced) from a potentially tricky location. But being a consumable would help prevent abuse of speed.

Submarine Warfare, on both sides, surface and submarine, is more a game of wits rather than an action shoot'em'up. Or it should be. 

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this