You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

How happy are you with the game right now? Reddit shows a rather grim picture.

144 comments in this topic

[SPWAR]
Players
94 posts
7,786 battles
On 8/20/2019 at 11:30 AM, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Hey @Minos_of_CretaI was at your palace many years ago! It needs some repairs.

yeah.

since Daedalos death, decline was started. Even now, with 1 million visitors per year, I cant find a decent civil engineer, not to mention the problems with the infamous Greek bureaucracy... 

Awful 

:cap_like:

• Funny 2

[I-J-N]
Players
1,397 posts
3 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

I have always liked this game..But reading this earlier made me realise the problem I have with this game atm....For me it has become incredibly chaotic.

The constant nerfs and buffs, (especilay the cv re launch) always mean that it effects something else to have to unlearn and re learn, numbers assigned to memory now useless....The upcoming IFE changes will effect things yet again, and I honestly feel exhausted just trying to think of all the changes we have had since those days and don't get me wrong, growth of the game is good but at the rate its coming at...its just to frequent.

Almost feels like I've been pushed a little to burn out..

I would never have thought that not understanding ****** all about the intricacies of the game mechanics would actually work in my favour but....

Me press button, me fire, me watch ship sink (often my own...:Smile_hiding:).

Players
72 posts
785 battles

I'm really excited by the idea of introducing submarines. I have always wondered why (in a naval game) we allow planes (see cv...) and no submarines. Those bastards where no more dangerous in the opens seas than any other ship.

Not sure how WG may keep the game relatively balance and how the game experience of submarines should be, but in theory the introduction is more than welcome by my side.

Any hint when all these changes will be introduced?

[I-J-N]
Players
1,397 posts
9 minutes ago, EiricBloodgun said:

I'm really excited by the idea of introducing submarines. I have always wondered why (in a naval game) we allow planes (see cv...) and no submarines. Those bastards where no more dangerous in the opens seas than any other ship.

Not sure how WG may keep the game relatively balance and how the game experience of submarines should be, but in theory the introduction is more than welcome by my side.

Any hint when all these changes will be introduced?

Given the game is supposedly about naval surface fleets (not really but that's another matter) they really shouldn't be expected at all. If we were to play with freighter and troop ship convoys and such, then, possibly.

• Cool 1

Players
72 posts
785 battles
17 minuti fa, Karasu_Hidesuke ha scritto:

Given the game is supposedly about naval surface fleets (not really but that's another matter) they really shouldn't be expected at all. If we were to play with freighter and troop ship convoys and such, then, possibly.

Not really sure is about "naval surface fleets". For now it is, but nothing would in theory prevent WG for making naval battles more realistic with the introductions of submarines. Of course there should be considered also convoys etc, but, also in this case, why not? its just a matter of slowly redesigning the game. The only issue would be whether WG could be up to the task

[SAT]
Players
9 posts
56 battles

oh btw i forgot one thing:

about WG saying one thing and doing the opposite. 

they said, HE + smoke + rapid firing guns combo is not good for the game because its annoying. thats why brit CLs didnt get HE but only AP.  aaaand guess what ship is going to be introduced into the game with the next patch? yes, another glorious soviet ship. smolensk. and what does smolensk have? oh wait yes, HE + smoke + rapid firing guns. so yeah. if you are gonna do it anyway, just dont say that you wont do it. just keep you mouth shut WG. 

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
4,720 posts
26,501 battles
1 hour ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

I am one of them. I give to my grandson my 1st account, since I never find a button to delete it!:Smile_unsure:

With T10s? Does he have any experience ?

[SPWAR]
Players
94 posts
7,786 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

With T10s? Does he have any experience ?

no. just a T22 the best ship, and 200 battles. I trying only German line back there.

now he is 2 years player and I only one!:cap_tea:

but I train him... he liked the game

[I-J-N]
Players
1,397 posts
2 hours ago, EiricBloodgun said:

Not really sure is about "naval surface fleets". For now it is, but nothing would in theory prevent WG for making naval battles more realistic with the introductions of submarines. Of course there should be considered also convoys etc, but, also in this case, why not? its just a matter of slowly redesigning the game. The only issue would be whether WG could be up to the task

Well, the point I was trying to make is I don't think it would add realism to a game sadly lacking in it as it is. I'm no expert on WW2 naval warfare, but I'd hazard a guess the most effective use of the submarines was against shipping convoys, potentially against task forces and on patrols but not in taking part in major fleet engagements.

[NSVE]
Players
194 posts
9,558 battles

Not really happy, they bring in things like Submarines and still leave out dedicated battlecruiser lines. They want us to play lower tiers and yet the game focus is on high tiers. I want World Of Dreadnoughts, slugging it out with AP not HE spam and no damn carriers or subs..!

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,794 posts
16,210 battles
2 hours ago, _B4rth_ said:

they said, HE + smoke + rapid firing guns combo is not good for the game because its annoying.

You know what they've also said at one point?

That BBs are overpowered and they're looking into ways to nerf them.

That was in 2016, since then we've seen nothing but BB buffs both directly and indirectly.

So yeah, you're late to the party.

• Funny 1

[OSWEG]
[OSWEG]
Players
590 posts
4,732 battles

Honestly, the game itself is fine. Ranked battles are somewhat fun, even thou it can be frustrating. Clanbattles are fine even thou some more variation would be welcome. Random battles however is a complete disaster. I play on average maybe 5 random battles a week. Its just so extremely terrible gameplay wise. The matchmaking is horrible, the balance is horrible, the teams and teammates are horrible. You always get roflstomped, can never ever ever win a tier 10 game EVER. 220k damage with 5 kills and I still lose and lose.

I just dont log in when it isnt CBs, or I feel like playing 1-2 ranked battles. But I honestly dont think Ill continue playing once my premium time runs out.

[L4GG]
Players
1,912 posts
7,475 battles
9 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Well yeah, f.e. with the CV rework. But WG made it, so thats acceptable to me. At first, it wasnt. And if they wouldnt have made the changed they did, i would have been closer to stop playing.

There are some things announced which i dont like:

- IFHE change, tbh it looks really bad at this moment for my favourite class (Cruisers, atleast for some).

- Subs, but luckily, they are still far away. In general it might not be bad, but i have absolutely 0 confidence in WG getting the balancing right. They have proven, they cant do it with CVs in almost 4 years.

Research bureau i dont really care. The initial ship buff was horrible, but now... meh so some people will "buy" themselves Colberts/Ohios. Its not like i need more hightier premiums which sit in port :Smile_teethhappy:

And too much grinding in general. Now we get the french cptn next, but i might skip it, because it involves too much playing as it seems.

Thats why i basicly play divisions only. I dont even touch OPs solo anymore, because of the same thing you said. It becomes frustrating (people camping heal in newport/Raptor Rescue or not going for exit in Killer Whale). Why should i even share the XP with 6 guys (who make me fail and potentially even insult me)? I can grab 3-4 other guys, play any OPs i like and get nice rewards WHILE having a good time.

Im not really playing that much, its ~60 randoms per month. Throw in some coop (for missions) in there, and some OPs (which i would play more, if they would give me back Dynamo/Cherry Blossom) and currently some CBs if im not at work. Ranked i usually do my 1-10 games and thats it. That would certainly burn me out.

Never :Smile_hiding:

I'm sceptical towards the IFHE rework too.

I'm very dependable of my cruisers and the large majority of them are light cruisers, very IFHE dependable.

I saw some jingles videos and whatnot and I arrived just in time to missed the shitstorm that blew in here (from what I heard) :Smile_smile:

French captain? I didn't know about that.

I'm curious about rank format ,one I found very similar it's the Halloween player vs player, and I tend to like it, so far . But rank battles don't offer elite XP and it seems every one else or feel  strongly about it or feel very lightly about it, there's no middle ground.

Hallo has a much casual atmosphere.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,617 posts
11,921 battles
14 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

But rank battles don't offer elite XP

You get no commander XP in Ranked Battles?

[P-W-C]
Players
4,720 posts
26,501 battles
14 hours ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Listening to Reddit where a lot of people are from NA.

OMEGALUL

Uhm so what?

[VETS]
Beta Tester
217 posts
15,388 battles
20 hours ago, _B4rth_ said:

"Tries to kill the class"? You mean that minor AA buff? AA is still not even close to how strong it was before the rework.

@_B4rth_

it is funny you became an expert to judge the AA diffrence after 56 battles of yours .... 

As you dont have any T6 and above ships you have no idea how AA is working at the other hard half of the game .... 

I always do quote : dont have any ideas before having any knowledge ....

[P-W-C]
Players
4,720 posts
26,501 battles
15 minutes ago, DanottiTR said:

@_B4rth_

it is funny you became an expert to judge the AA diffrence after 56 battles of yours .... 

As you dont have any T6 and above ships you have no idea how AA is working at the other hard half of the game .... 

I always do quote : dont have any ideas before having any knowledge ....

Maybe it’s a alter account like @CptBarney?

[L4GG]
Players
1,912 posts
7,475 battles
1 hour ago, lup3s said:

You get no commander XP in Ranked Battles?

I usually prefer elite xp to give to other captains, that are more in need.

Like my Kirov captain with a single skill point.

Before the UF rework i trained my Schohrs captain in UF, he was my Orlan captain, he only had 3 skill points when i put him in Schohrs, when the new UF op hit the server, he had 8 or 9 points. i was lucky it was just in time .

And i have more in this position.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,617 posts
11,921 battles
39 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

I usually prefer elite xp to give to other captains, that are more in need.

Like my Kirov captain with a single skill point.

Before the UF rework i trained my Schohrs captain in UF, he was my Orlan captain, he only had 3 skill points when i put him in Schohrs, when the new UF op hit the server, he had 8 or 9 points. i was lucky it was just in time .

And i have more in this position.

But if you have a 19-pt captain, you do get elite XP in Ranked?

[P-W-C]
Players
4,720 posts
26,501 battles
3 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Yes, it’s obvious. 

[SCRUB]
Players
3,617 posts
11,921 battles
2 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Yes, it’s obvious. 

I know it sounds obvious, but the player said Ranked Battles offer no elite XP.

Sorry for offtopic btw.

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
4,720 posts
26,501 battles
Just now, lup3s said:

I know, but the player said Ranked Battles offer no elite XP.

Sorry for offtopic btw.

No problem mate, even on CB and coop you get elite exp. on every other mode too except the training room. Idk why he thinks like that. Maybe his commander is still 18 pointer but forgot about it. 

[P-W-C]
Players
4,720 posts
26,501 battles
17 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

But rank battles don't offer elite XP

If you don’t have a 19 point commander - no mode can give elite commander exp . 

[L4GG]
Players
1,912 posts
7,475 battles
5 hours ago, lup3s said:

I don't have a 19 point captain.

I only get xp for the other captains in missions rewards and events like halo ops.

I don't know by heart but...

Roughly, t4 to t5 they all are around 1, 3, 5 or 8 points

t6 from 10 to 14, I have one with 18 points.

t7, I think, 10 and 15

t8, around 10, except for Cleveland I have a captain with 16, all done while Cleveland was t6

But, is there another way to get elite xp? apart from the occasional mission reward and halo ops?