You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

How happy are you with the game right now? Reddit shows a rather grim picture.

144 comments in this topic

Players
213 posts

I find Tiers 9 & 10 to be completely unappealing, static, sterile, and tedious (and Tier 8 by extension, but I'd say that is mainly because of MMing dragging it into Tier9&10 games).  I'm only playing them for the grind and because of the skinner box.

Not sure exactly why this is the case, but I think some of it is down to how the game's distances scale up versus how dispersion increases and how HP scales up proportional to AP damage, but not fire damage.  I suspect some of it is down to the particulars of how power-creep has entered the game.  Another possibility is how concentrated 19cp captains are at those tiers, and thus how some builds (Secondary and AA notably) have wildly different performance characteristics even between two otherwise identical boats.

The CV rework is an issue too.  I liked RTS CVs, I find the reworked CVs to be tolerable to play in principle, but the balance is all over the place and has been yo-yoing between three positions of "CVs deal meh damage but can't meaningfully be countered; CVs do great damage because they can outplay their counters; CVs do no damage except in the hands of the best players because their planes are made of paper".
This has been exacerbated by how each of these conditions has been wildly different across the tiers even during the same game version.

I don't find subs to be too much of a concern in principle.  But like other players (although perhaps for different reasons and from a different perspective) I have limited faith in WGing's ability to balance them out without painful trial-and-error.  OTOH, new mechanics opens up new variables to implement balance and to shift the meta, and subs are kinda cool anyway just as a matter of course.  I'd like to see how it pans out before saying the sky's going to fall on our heads - especially given the community's conflicting and frankly confused take on the CV rework.

Players
2,497 posts
15,503 battles

Haven't played WOWS PC since halfway through the Cossack missions?

The old f2p tier/premium structure is long in the tooth.

Hopefully we'll get a naval game that matches WOWs wonderful graphics soon (with a focus on WW1-WW2, not the fantasy cold war end game rubbish we've got in WOWs)

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
1,417 posts

The best advice given the current state of the game is something I myself fail to follow.. oddly.

Find out which ships i.e. nations, classes, lines and individuals ships suit you. Don't grind something you have no interest in and/or which frustrates you on a regular basis (occasional 'bad days' aren't such an issue). I'm in part failing to follow this advice because there are a few ships I'm trying to play and ships I'm grinding for. I should play my 'fav' ships more. I seem to like stealthy torpedo DD's, immensely powerful BB's and 'kite' cruisers the best. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

Players
2,590 posts
8,006 battles
25 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

Haven't played WOWS PC since halfway through the Cossack missions?

The old f2p tier/premium structure is long in the tooth.

Hopefully we'll get a naval game that matches WOWs wonderful graphics soon (with a focus on WW1-WW2, not the fantasy cold war end game rubbish we've got in WOWs)

If they did that, I would jump like a shot to it.:cap_tea:

• Cool 3

[P-W-C]
Players
4,753 posts
26,595 battles

The game still needs some changes and additions. I’m still happy with it, the only frustrating thing are server issues and..... players who give their login to their children / nephews. :etc_swear:

• Funny 1

4,678 posts
9,183 battles
5 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

The game still needs some changes and additions. I’m still happy with it, the only frustrating thing are server issues and..... players who give their login to their children / nephews. :etc_swear:

Yeah, I saw that one too...

Anyways: Happy with the game 8/10. Points deducted due to Lootcrate/Pricing structure and overall Eventgrindiness.

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,145 posts
10,961 battles

Mision structues that require you to do insane number of weeks with only a few days missing disqualifying you from the rewards.....

A Fokus on T9/10 prems well in acess what you can resonable grind if you dont play 10+ games a day instead of

Being a long time goal arceivable till the next free exp ship replaces it.

Totally replacing the grind by giving out new line ships up to T8 and now outright selling a T9 line ship. While pumping out lines in a much

too high speed.

Stacking Clan /ranked and Arc missions atop each other making it feel more like a Job than having actual fun (yea i understand that you dont NEED to do Everything but the feeling is there anyhow)

No WoWS isnt too much fun for me at least. personally i think they should slow down things a bit to give some room for breathing it feels like they allready sold the servers in a year and a half and tring to squize as much out of it as posible atm......

• Cool 3

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
496 posts
11,807 battles

As it is right now: No problem.

Where it's heading: Many problems.

It seems like WG is trying so hard to get new players so they don't care what happens to the old ones.

I've played since OBT ,have had Premium-time for the last three years AND 118 premium-ships in port but the feeling I get when I look at the direction everything is heading I feel no faith at all. Allready decided that I'm not going to buy premium-time this Xmas and high-tier premium-ships are off limits. Every Xmas when it's -50% on a year of premium I ask myself: "Am I going to play this game in one years time?" and this time it's pointing towards "No!"

Sure, I'll stick around and see what happens but my heart isn't in it anymore.:Smile_sad:

• Cool 3

[-GOD-]
Players
986 posts
15,495 battles

What strikes me is a discrepancy: I seem to want a shipgame, and WG seems to be creating a marketing and gambling game.

• Cool 8

[I-J-N]
Players
1,417 posts
8 minutes ago, Europizza said:

What strikes me is a discrepancy: I seem to want a shipgame, and WG seems to be creating a marketing and gambling game.

• Funny 5

[WTFNO]
Players
392 posts
6,933 battles
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

Ive been in a state of "playing not paying" for about half a year now, and i see no sign of that changing.

Same here since the CV rework. Seeing nothing that may change my mind in the foreseeable future -_-

• Cool 1

[VETS]
Beta Tester
217 posts
15,461 battles

Game is boring couse of the player base mostly formed of unevolving ppl.They do not evolve ,they do not learn ,they do not adept the changes ... I mean it is more then a year and there are still ppl around trying to torp DDs with deep running torps ...

so when you are bored leave then come back ...or play low lvls and club the seals :D 

it will be more fun when they force us to reset our trees and play low levels just to make ppl get spanked at low lvls by high experienced ppl and upgraded ships ..then there will be alot of rage ... as the gap of ability will became larger and larger ...

I do have fun playing CVs how much WG trys hard to kill the class anyways ...The constant hatred to  the class makes me play more :D 

[SM0KE]
Players
3,281 posts
8,383 battles

On the whole, I like the game a lot (there isn't, for example, the equivalent of the annoying stealth section in the middle of a no-holds-barred shooter), even after several thousand battles; overall, I feel it's pretty decent.

What I don't like is the apparent contempt that WG often seem to show for their customers - when problems occur, there is a corporate tendency to default to 'we know best' and try and force things through, requiring pretty much a riot before anything changes (NTC most recently). Basically, I trust WG about as far as I could comfortably spit a rat; I don't believe I'm unique in this point of view, and that is a problem. My suspicion is that this doesn't come from the folk we hear from day-to-day, but rather from higher up the ladder; if WG want to maximise their revenues, they really need to do something about this lack of trust in them...

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
1,417 posts
1 hour ago, DanottiTR said:

... I mean it is more then a year and there are still ppl around trying to torp DDs with deep running torps ...

Hehe.. while I prefer regular torpedoes against the 'Warriors of the Smoke' (have sunk a fair number of them like that :Smile_trollface:), if you only got DWT's you could still use them to spook those DD's out of the cover of their smoke.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,617 posts
11,921 battles

Since CV rework I play less and less .. recently got some other games so I haven't touched WoWs for a couple of weeks now and probably won't in the near future .. the only thing keeping me to this game are other players (e.g. Scrubs)

• Cool 2

[SAT]
Players
9 posts
56 battles
1 saat önce, DanottiTR dedi:

I do have fun playing CVs how much WG trys hard to kill the class anyways ...The constant hatred to  the class makes me play more :D 

"Tries to kill the class"? You mean that minor AA buff? AA is still not even close to how strong it was before the rework.

[S-O-M]
Players
146 posts
4,721 battles

Despite my constant whinges I obviously love the game and being able to play with historical warships, whilst some moan I like the graphics and feel of the game, it’s very easy to play. I like that its updated so much.

I don’t like;

Matchmaking -core of a lot of the trouble.

WG’s money grabbing - here’s another high tier prem.

The CV rework - CVs are still op, no other class can command the battlefield like a good CV player can, from a far and with no fear of being sunk.

Nerfs, Buff’s and power creep, Ships like Shiny existed, fought and died with honour and yet in game unlike unheard of and never used Russian BB’s dispersion is horrendous, as are Tirp,Bis and Gne, Hoods famed AA is non existent, raised Brit BB citadels,etc,etc.  

Radar - as with RPF only the ship using it should be able to see the target.

Spotting - ditto, especially for Cv’s.

High tier premiums, what about Lower than T8 ?.

He spammers camped behind an island- normally DD’s and cruisers but increasingly more and more BB’s are doing it under 10km.

That said I do love citadelling a Baltimore etc who’s been spamming me like there’s no tomorrow, and as he sinks pop my heal.

Reporting system: good game, bad game, throwing salt, not saying a word, everyone gets reported, as with stats we should be able to turn it off or on.

Scenarios / missions; not enough.

Co op- I like but not rewarding enough.

I’d also like to be able to choose the maps I play on, which in turn would create a lot tighter/better fights: imagine being able to pick your favourite map.

Having to have a premium account, really ?, doesn’t WG think we spend enough on time and money to warrant not having to have it?.

Capt retraining, camo’s, flags: really ?, each captain should have the ability to captain what 3/4 ships, camos cost a fortune, and wouldn’t it be nice to have a selection of permanent camos you could purchase for Any ship.

Chat and Map; chat only sees abuse and the map hardly gets used, annoyingly less so at higher tiers, personally I think there should be a game limit as you go up the tiers, so you shouldn’t be able to jump into a gearing etc until you’ve played at least 1000 games. Which would make T10 fights epic as opposed to the one sided slaughters we often see.

While some can come out with ships like the pointless thunderer it would be nice if our ideas for non paper ships was taken on board and implemented.m

Lastly communication and feedback from WG is dire, eg all that was needed following the cv rework was; yes we know the probs, which are, we are aiming to resolve, any suggestions?, distant and aloof is how I would describe the WG / customer relationship.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
1,000 posts
6,644 battles

There are 2 ways to look at it.

1. WG is doing way too much in way too little time, everything is snowballing out of control

2. WG is a very active developer working hard to expand the game and investing in attracting new players

I think 1 is an opinion and 2 is an objective fact. That is not saying I like all the changes, but that's going into opinion territory again. And I strongly disagree with anyone saying the game is terrible or dying.

[I-J-N]
Players
1,417 posts
5 minutes ago, walter3kurtz said:

There are 2 ways to look at it.

1. WG is doing way too much in way too little time, everything is snowballing out of control

2. WG is a very active developer working hard to expand the game and investing in attracting new players

I think 1 is an opinion and 2 is an objective fact. That is not saying I like all the changes, but that's going into opinion territory again. And I strongly disagree with anyone saying the game is terrible or dying.

Yes, but I think many of us think that the game has 'issues'. The longer those issues go unaddressed or are even compounded by what people perceive as mistakes or steps in the wrong direction, the worse it will get.

Players
1,000 posts
6,644 battles
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Yes, but I think many of us think that the game has 'issues'. The longer those issues go unaddressed or are even compounded by what people perceive as mistakes or steps in the wrong direction, the worse it will get.

I think it's a vocal minority. That doesn't mean there are no issues at all, every game has issues and there's also no way to make everyone happy at the same time.

Personally I also do not believe that there are many (or even any) game breaking issues.

[TAYTO]
Players
497 posts
7,259 battles

I've been playing for almost 4 years now so it's clear that I really like the game, so I do not want WG to ruin it. And it seems they are making it too complicated in the economy aspect and also they insists in making it a complete naval combat game regardless of balancing issues.

I understand the point is to avoid stagnation, attract new and younger players but they are risking changing it into an unplayable arcade.

[I-J-N]
Players
1,417 posts
6 minutes ago, walter3kurtz said:

I think it's a vocal minority. That doesn't mean there are no issues at all, every game has issues and there's also no way to make everyone happy at the same time.

Personally I also do not believe that there are many (or even any) game breaking issues.

It may be a minority, but it may also be that only that minority can actually determine what those issues are, while the majority will just think for some reason they no longer care about the game. While I'm pretty far from a solid player, I can identify what the issues are for me. None of them game breaking IMO, as I still play the game regularly although maybe fewer battles daily than at other times.

• Cool 2

[SPWAR]
Players
94 posts
7,839 battles
4 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

I am one of them. I give to my grandson my 1st account, since I never find a button to delete it!:Smile_unsure:

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
1,066 posts
6,077 battles
17 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Overall I'd have to say no.

Playing more on the CN server than I do on EU nowadays. Funny how a previous version of the game is more enjoyable than its current iteration at least for me. Might be because of RTS CVs, might be because massive powercreep isn't there, might be because the majority of players consist of bots so the playing standard is much higher than on EU. Or just a combination of all.

I have always liked this game..But reading this earlier made me realise the problem I have with this game atm....For me it has become incredibly chaotic.

The constant nerfs and buffs, (especilay the cv re launch) always mean that it effects something else to have to unlearn and re learn, numbers assigned to memory now useless....The upcoming IFE changes will effect things yet again, and I honestly feel exhausted just trying to think of all the changes we have had since those days and don't get me wrong, growth of the game is good but at the rate its coming at...its just to frequent.

Almost feels like I've been pushed a little to burn out..