You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

How happy are you with the game right now? Reddit shows a rather grim picture.

144 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,397 posts

Is it any different (better) over here? Or are dark clouds looming on the horizon.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
1,908 posts
9,558 battles

Happy enough. The CV plague is abating, we have Italian ships incoming, Tiers I-VIII are still fun and engaging to play. Bit bored of event grindfests and not sure about how Ranked Sprints will work at Tier VIII (seeing all the complaints about ranked and Clan Battles at that Tier, I am expecting to get marmalised, to be honest, just for picking the wrong ship.)

Otherwise quite excited, even about submarines, provided they spend as much time on making them part of a dynamic contest as allowing them to farm everyone for 3 months before nerfing them into the ground.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
5,889 posts
7,170 battles

Could be better id say.

If you get over one thing (CV rework) when they finaly start to balance it, they throw the next Powercreep crap at you (russian BBs).

But in the end, the worst thing is still the playerbase. Just today, we had to Super hard carry with our division, we had all 12 kills and 4 Caps. Meanwhile, we get insulted by our team, who had an average of like 40 games played (no joke) and think they are the best players in wows history. Apparently, winning is not important, but whining about your team is... makes sense.

If any change becomes too retarded however, then i might quit the game.

• Cool 13
  • Funny 2

[I-J-N]
Players
1,332 posts

I'm not happy with the meta, I'm not too happy about grinding either. My biggest gripe however seems to be about the persistent lack of variety. Specifically I'm referring to the sad state of operations. We've talked about it in a number of threads and I strongly feel that not only do we need all the old operations back but also a host of others, preferably based on historical engagements and covering basically all tiers from at least 3/4 to 10.

• Cool 23

Players
214 posts
2,887 battles

A bit too complex, but then, it might be because I'm a bit too simple. These things are relative. It's a game that continues to interest me, but I stick to the mid-tiers.

• Cool 1

[HNFC]
Players
157 posts
13,368 battles

I love co-ops.

I LOVE the current ranked season (T9 is fun and not static, levelling/levelled up 12 unfinished techtree branches simultaneously, hit R5 (never been there before), and I'm having a blast with Jutland and Z-46).

I love my clan and the friends I've made here.

I love how steel and competitive ships have become somewhat easier to attain.

I'm okay with the current CB season.

I don't mind the Research Bureau in itself.

I hate the CV rework.

I HATE the state of operations (Hermes, Cherry, Dynamo are all gone, and nothing new/fun has arrived instead - Raptor Rescue isn't fun).

I started hating randoms recently.

I hate how WG started disrespecting and abusing our IRL lives this summer, and how WG generally considers us all fools.

In summary: I'll keep playing and keep not paying. 

• Cool 6

[NWP]
Players
1,925 posts
11,334 battles

I'm used to carrying teams now. I pretty much expect I have to do the hard work or my division have to do the hard work. It's gets.... boring after a while. I'm starting to take more mini breaks or play less games in a row than I used to. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[TTT]
Players
4,444 posts
7,937 battles

it's bloody Reddit, what the fork did you expect? Plus which, this kind of baited question always attracts the bitchers and moaners in their droves...

*looks at who made the thread*

Oh right, I shouldnt even say anything lol... according to you the game would have been dead a few years ago...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,579 posts
6 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

it's bloody Reddit, what the fork did you expect? Plus which, this kind of baited question always attracts the bitchers and moaners in their droves...

*looks at who made the thread*

Oh right, I shouldnt even say anything lol... according to you the game would have been dead a few years ago...

It's what fingers does.......eternal pitchfork carrier. :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,171 battles

Overall I'd have to say no.

Playing more on the CN server than I do on EU nowadays. Funny how a previous version of the game is more enjoyable than its current iteration at least for me. Might be because of RTS CVs, might be because massive powercreep isn't there, might be because the majority of players consist of bots so the playing standard is much higher than on EU. Or just a combination of all.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 2

Alpha Tester
2,533 posts
10,106 battles

He's right about ranked though. Utter disaster.

Players
433 posts
5,436 battles

Russian BBs and all the super premiums is rather spoiling it. Very hard to play regular ships.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,187 posts
6,441 battles
33 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Playing more on the CN s

What version are they on, still stuck on 0.7.2?

Dont you need a chinese ID to register there? 

Heard they been unupdated due to a falling out between WG and that Konzgong or whatever theyr called and WG nolonger sends them updates. 

:cap_yes:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,171 battles
19 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

What version are they on, still stuck on 0.7.2?

Dont you need a chinese ID to register there? 

0.7.3. This is right before US CLs hit. A bit sad about that really as I'd loved to have a Helena but gotta sacrifice something I suppose.

Yeah, well, there are ways around that. I don't think I'm allowed to divulge those here as it's technically speaking illegal but meh, you can just watch the YouTube tutorial on how to do it.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,187 posts
6,441 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

0.7.3. This is right before US CLs hit. A bit sad about that really as I'd loved to have a Helena but gotta sacrifice something I suppose.

Yeah, well, there are ways around that. I don't think I'm allowed to divulge those here as it's technically speaking illegal but meh, you can just watch the YouTube tutorial on how to do it.

I know about the =CENSORED= way of getting there, tbf not interested, i got a SEA acc, but i only grind the v25 there (takes a loong time to grind that ship :Smile_trollface:

Interesting tho, being able to play the old version of the game, so theyr in 7.3 indefenelty then, is the aimbot thing as bad as stories about it preach? 

Had a chat with one of my clannmates about it the other day. :Smile_Default:

Players
719 posts
8,430 battles

Quite happy. Stopped ranked at 10, don't play CB and randoms are kinda fun. I have a long list of premiums to get back so playing a lot of high tier games for the credits.

I'm seeing some excellent BB play along with the usual mediocrity. The usual patchy cruiser play and the usual DD play. Good CV players are annoying but most are a non event. About the worst thing that happens is that some Midway player decided to kill that pesky Gearing with DFAA so I spend the whole game shooting down planes and hiding in smoke. 

[NWP]
Players
5,889 posts
7,170 battles
1 hour ago, MortenTardo said:

Back to all the events and stuff.

Seriously, WHO has the time or patience to grind 1 event (at least), Play clan wars and play ranked at the same time? 

Players are getting burned out. Maybe that is why all the games are so sh:etc_swear:. All the good players are tired of the game and stopped playing?

True, thats really annoying.

Im just optimizing how to get the grinds done the fastest :cap_old: But a lot of players also dont play at all or much less, so its kinda lame when you cant play with divisions :Smile_sad:

Ive played like 5 ranked battles, not that i ever was into it anyway, but i most likely wont play any more. Also i dont like T8 CB Meta... Used to like CBs :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
644 posts
4,785 battles

I never liked clan battles because it's basicaly decided on who's patience runs out faster. Everybody is hugging an island and trying to land chipshots on the unfortunate spotted one. 

Ranked is poisoned with save the star crap. Take a BB ram the other one. Voila! if your teammates can't win it for you, your star is saved at worst...

Randoms are randoms with more potatoes everyday.

I am not complaining about the events tough. I took a long break and not burned out yet of these grindy events.

NTC doesn't bother me that much since they tuned the rewards. I am facing OP premiums all the time. Why not a few more added to that pool. At least they will require some effort and keep the veterans busy for a little while...

• Cool 1

Players
603 posts
14,765 battles

Fairly happy overall, the CV rework is finally getting to something acceptable and the French DDs and up coming Italian cruisers are something to look forward too. Generally enjoying clan battles and I'm even finding ranked ok although I hardly do ranked anyway.

Although I'm very dubious about the whole submarine introduction, the poor introduction of the CV rework pushed me off this game for a month, if something similar happens with subs I honestly don't know if I would bother anymore, but time will tell who knows maybe it won't be a disaster....

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,171 battles
49 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

is the aimbot thing as bad as stories about it preach? 

Well, considering I mostly play CVs there... :Smile_trollface:

I haven't noticed any uncanny accuracy by other players tbh, but then again I'm mostly low tiers with surface ships still so I'm not entirely sure.

Premium shop is certainly better than it is here tho. You can buy everything without a bloated bundle and it's way cheaper. Like WAY cheaper.

Problem is you need a Chinese bank account so that's not exactly an option for most of you I guess.

• Cool 3

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
1,157 posts
3,396 battles

I like the Game.

The CV Rework was Pretty Bad. But they are moving in a Positive Direction. So I am sure we can get over it.

I do have alot of Complaints about the Game as well of Course.

For Example Wargamings Hatred for anything German which leads to German Ships Generally being at the Bottom of the Leaderboards.

Or the Ever Increasing amount of Gambling in the Form of Lootboxes which is getting extremely annoying.

But right now there is nothing I would consider unbearable or unfixable.

So I am Content I guess.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,907 posts
7,466 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

If any change becomes too retarded however, then i might quit the game

IMHO, you are taking this too serious. It's not the first time you said that.

When I started this game, this was the only game I played, And I engaged with this game and then I burnt out eventually, I took an well deserved break...

when I come in again, something had changed in me but not enough to prevent me to burn out again. with the cv rework and my inability to adapt to the puff things and whatnot in one hand, and the absolutely ridiculous state of AA, i refuged myself in co-op and Ops only, until the cv passed by (that was my initial plan).

But then in one Op I went Berserk when the first wave pierced the perimeter and that was the last straw  for me. After two or three days in a row with shity teams That was it.

One of the games I started to play was Crossout, a very different game from a different company, but the forum there seemed a copy/paste of this one.

, and I talked a lot about Warships there.

this game is a lot more harder than Crossout. Crossout it's much more forgiven than this one, you can be with half a car and still succeed in lower tiers, the other occasion was when I tried to warn them about friendly fire, in Crossout they don't have it and many of them want it badly.(they are :crab:).

There, one of the major problems are not campers, are the blockers, every [edited]thing that moves is like the mine, mine, mine meme.

Point being.

After my second return, I'm not engaged with this game, I started to play ships that I don't play for years, apparently I came just after this NTC thing, the dd mission, either of one I'm not interested, so I'm drifting to nowhere now, mostly playing for playing, to enjoy the rest of my premium year that I bought back in December or January, and not letting that be a total waste (I already wasted about half).

TLDR

Listen, whatever is happen to you, don't let that reach to you. Don't reach the point where you burn out.

each time you burn out, your stamina to ware may  decrease and that will not help you pursuing what is you are pursuing.

you may not find the traction needed  to make a mission like the PEV e.g. because of many factors like your attention and resources may be divided elsewhere.

I can give you an example, RUBBs. I wanted to make the event, I was aware of the event, but in the same time I was occupied perfecting my race build in Crossout . I returned after I did a couple of 1st places winning even to hovercrafts that are OP over there (they are the Stalingrads or something  over there)

In a race, my car with a power score about 2000 won a 9000 plus PS hovercraft . OH yeah.

Spoiler

353466599_crossoutwin1.thumb.png.02ff2d160ba5cb56f1988f51c6eae80a.png

Spoiler

653867169_crossoutwin.thumb.png.11d1afa9c16d148105190f4165d59e79.png

I did The RUBB line from scratch and I'm in t5 now.I could be further down the line by now but I'm not focused

there a lot of things that could  not be the same after a burn out.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
2,426 posts
17,207 battles

I am reasonably happy with it, there is stuff I dont really like OFC but its still more of the good then the bad, due to work i am somewhat limited in the burning out potential anyway, I do however play less and less ships as such, just ignoring those I find dull or unrewarding and mothballing them for long periods

Beta Tester
382 posts
9,639 battles

I am a bit surprised that people do not get used to player base.

Yes they are able to throw a win as hard as it seems to be impossible.

Yes they are able to grasp a win from a situation that was for sure lost.

Maybe people are focusing a bit to much on negative aspects?

I am one of this people that it makes no difference if it is a win or loss, as I am doing missions.

Sure making 15k XP in one game taste better than in two games, but I have time to play two games.

As with anything, there is something good, and something bad.

If I will have enough of this game, I just stop playing, for sure I will be not complaining on forum as no one cares.

• Cool 1