Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Major_Damage225

Idea for reimplamantation of the IJN Kitakami

46 comments in this topic

[P-W-C]
Players
4,693 posts
26,385 battles
Just now, Bellegar said:
  • decent concealment
  • proper armour
  • torps that outrange radar
  • removal of team damage
  • removal of hydro
  • removal of radar
  • removal of citadel
  • removal of planes spotting torps

- 9km world be enough

- nah, let it be like RN CL

- 20km from Asashio 

- well having such ultra deep water torps won't harm most of the team

- the rest of points... No comment lol

* Planes don't spot torps from 0.8.0 .......

You wanna tell me you didn't know that ?!

Surprised Koala 02082019162154.jpg

[P-W-C]
Players
4,693 posts
26,385 battles
18 minutes ago, Hummus said:

The Italian cruiser moving smokescreen ???   :Smile_teethhappy:

:cap_look: :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
6,904 posts
8,748 battles
4 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Do you really want to carry tier 4 (four) armor and HP against the tier 10 ships?

Just to carry 40 LOLZ?

Well, Khaba would make a fine tier 4 CL, but is pressed as DD into game. So tier 9 Freemium "DD" Kittykami without citadel and with touched up camo?:cap_cool:

As nod to the times when IJN were actual torpedoboats, instead being adept gunboats as well?

• Cool 1

Players
3,123 posts
245 battles
35 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Well, Khaba would make a fine tier 4 CL, but is pressed as DD into game. So tier 9 Freemium "DD" Kittykami without citadel and with touched up camo?:cap_cool:

As nod to the times when IJN were actual torpedoboats, instead being adept gunboats as well?

Too be honest ijn dd's are badly in need of a buff anyways, even if im not a fan of them playing the tier 6 hayru, shows that they aren't that great at torpedoing half the time, nevermind gun boating.

mobility is nice though regardless.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,279 posts
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

* Planes don't spot torps from 0.8.0 .......

You wanna tell me you didn't know that ?!

Lol oh really? :Smile_teethhappy:

I did not know that :Smile_hiding:

Guess that's karma kicking in for taking a break when the 'rework' entered beta testing on the live server. I didn't play for a few updates then, so completely missed that announcement :cap_fainting:

Oh well, I don't normally play torpedo boats or carriers, so not that important information for me. But thanks for pointing it out lol

[DC_DK]
Players
2,582 posts
26,598 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

She needs some gimmick. 

Like torpedo reload booster :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
469 posts
11,709 battles

I had the idea to only give her one load of torps. 40 should be enough to get through a game with a little triggerdiscipline. Adjust to an apropriate tier of course.

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
1,168 posts
3,453 battles
6 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Do you really want to carry tier 4 (four) armor and HP against the tier 10 ships?

Just to carry 40 LOLZ?

I'm not going into how ridiculously frustrating to give 40 torpedoes to people who cannot find their discharge opening with a mirror on a stick.

I would not be so sure about this.

Back in the Day. Kitakami could not even Stealth Torp Properly.

It had to go very close to Torp and that with Cruiser Concealment and Cruiser Citadel.

And that was Clearly Frustrating.

But with 20km torpedoes it would be able to Stealth Torp pretty easily.

Meaning it would not care so much about being Low HP and Armor as it would stay hidden for most of the Game similar to Shimakaze Gameplay.

Just that its easier to Kill once Found but has alot more Torpedoes as long as its not found :)

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
441 posts
14,665 battles
10 hours ago, howardxu_23 said:

Maybe putting her at t7 instead of t8 with torps that are longer range then the original(15km sounds good), but slower and can be seen further from a mile away but hits hard if they hit by using sheer volume rather then precision and torp stealth.

Same reason as the tog 2 in wot. 20 torps per side, with the maximum potential for 40 torps to create the greatest wall of skill ever seen. In other words MEMES.

tog2 sucks in wot, unless it is opposing team. then it becomes harvestable xp

got mine from some event/grind - sold in the same moment i received it

[P-W-C]
Players
4,693 posts
26,385 battles
1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

I would not be so sure about this.

Back in the Day. Kitakami could not even Stealth Torp Properly.

It had to go very close to Torp and that with Cruiser Concealment and Cruiser Citadel.

And that was Clearly Frustrating.

But with 20km torpedoes it would be able to Stealth Torp pretty easily.

Meaning it would not care so much about being Low HP and Armor as it would stay hidden for most of the Game similar to Shimakaze Gameplay.

Just that its easier to Kill once Found but has alot more Torpedoes as long as its not found :)

Giving it ultra deep water torps from Asashio will solve the TK problem. 

[P-W-C]
Players
4,693 posts
26,385 battles
2 hours ago, Bellegar said:

Lol oh really? :Smile_teethhappy:

I did not know that :Smile_hiding:

Guess that's karma kicking in for taking a break when the 'rework' entered beta testing on the live server. I didn't play for a few updates then, so completely missed that announcement :cap_fainting:

Oh well, I don't normally play torpedo boats or carriers, so not that important information for me. But thanks for pointing it out lol

It’s still important info cause catapult fighters and spotters don’t spot torps too. 

Beta Tester
2,188 posts
6,468 battles
8 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Just to carry 40 LOLZ?

I'm not going into how ridiculously frustrating to give 40 torpedoes to people who cannot find their discharge opening with a mirror on a stick.

Well the idea was that it would be obtainable to only those who grind out the complete IJN tech tree twice, by then one would eventually learn how to use torps no? (i know ... im optimistic) :Smile_smile:

And a side idea was to make a regrind logical since you'd get somehing verry uneque.

43 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Giving it ultra deep water torps from Asashio will solve the TK problem. 

I doubt that, even with DW's a professional numm nutz cant still TK wreck a BB (been on the reciving end) + it would just make her usless even more not being able to hit CA/CL's

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,279 posts

Executive Producer Evin just now in the Gamescom stream answered the "Kitakami when?" question:

"over my dead body"

Soooo.... all you have to do is kill Ev1n :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
2,486 posts
2,654 battles

What about reintroducing the Kitakami with this setup?

• Torpedoes have 20 km range
  • Torpedoes can only damage other Kitakami
  • Mirror matchmaking

This way the Kitakami enthusiasts can have their fun, and the rest of the two teams can get on with the real battle. Cookies for everyone!

:Smile_popcorn:

Disclaimer: This post is not aimed at any one person or opinion. It's intended solely as a lighthearted joke.

• Funny 3

[P-W-C]
Players
4,693 posts
26,385 battles
27 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

Executive Producer Evin just now in the Gamescom stream answered the "Kitakami when?" question:

"over my dead body"

Soooo.... all you have to do is kill Ev1n :Smile_trollface:

:Smile_sceptic::Smile_sceptic::Smile_sceptic::Smile_sceptic:

Beta Tester
1,447 posts
9,643 battles
On 8/19/2019 at 3:45 AM, Major_Damage225 said:

Sooo it's that time of the year again where i come up with a idea to bring Kitakami back. 

This year the idea is simple, since we get the option for regrinding lines again, how about a posibility if one regrinds the IJN full tree again that they can aquire Kitakami? 

Any takers? 

:Smile_Default:

HELL NO!!!! Get back inte the cupboard! We dont want it, we dont need it! Stop smoking that sh***t!!

DD life is stressfull enought with all the radar, hydro,  CVs, DDs, Colberts, Smolensks, Woostahs, Benhams etc etc then we also need to worry about every window lickin, glue eatin, border humpin, always Pink and its a fashion statement, no skills, dads creditcard, stole from moms purse, underwear showing on top of my pants, hipster looking, "its only a game" excusing, "new Beverly hills 90210 is better then the original", Justin Bieber listening, chain wallet wearing, rage kid dropping 40 torps from the forth line with no chance to reach any enemy ship but have an chance of epic proportions to take out half his own team.

NO! Just NO!!! Back in the box!!

• Funny 3

Beta Tester
2,486 posts
2,654 battles
21 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

DD life is stressfull enought with all the radar, hydro,  CVs, DDs, Colberts, Smolensks, Woostahs, Benhams etc etc then we also need to worry about every window lickin, glue eatin, border humpin, always Pink and its a fashion statement, no skills, dads creditcard, stole from moms purse, underwear showing on top of my pants, hipster looking, "its only a game" excusing, "new Beverly hills 90210 is better then the original", Justin Bieber listening, chain wallet wearing, rage kid dropping 40 torps from the forth line with no chance to reach any enemy ship but have an chance of epic proportions to take out half his own team.

Pay attention, everyone - now, this is the way to gripe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhbObZEF0Mc

(The good part starts about 60 seconds into the clip.)

• Funny 1

[KG_CZ]
[KG_CZ]
Beta Tester
103 posts
8,618 battles

Well, after torpbeats event and rogue wave event, Return or the Kitakami event with battle roayale, kitakami only, TrB...can you imagine the sheer amount of fishes?  :fish_nerv:but i would leave Team damage for that event, for maximum Kitakami experience :fish_haloween:

Players
6,904 posts
8,748 battles
11 minutes ago, Kpt_Silas said:

Well, after torpbeats event and rogue wave event, Return or the Kitakami event with battle roayale, kitakami only, TrB...can you imagine the sheer amount of fishes?  :fish_nerv:but i would leave Team damage for that event, for maximum Kitakami experience :fish_haloween:

inb4 free for all event to prove statistically no team damage:cap_book:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this