Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Major_Damage225

Idea for reimplamantation of the IJN Kitakami

46 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,218 posts
6,524 battles

Sooo it's that time of the year again where i come up with a idea to bring Kitakami back. 

This year the idea is simple, since we get the option for regrinding lines again, how about a posibility if one regrinds the IJN full tree again that they can aquire Kitakami? 

Any takers? 

:Smile_Default:

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,798 posts
16,210 battles

Why do people want this ship back?

I mean, I can understand the general appeal I suppose but given the current reality which includes:

- IJN having bad torps in general

- glorious long range camping meta combined with the fact that Kita only has 10km torp range

- glorious CV rework which will citadel you through your belt and deck with TiTs/HE bombs

- glorious thermonuclear HE shells which will do the same thing

- a high amount of DDs that EASILY outgun you

- radar which has more range than her torps

- mediocre concealment (11km base, to put this into perspective Cleve has 11,5km)

and so forth and so on I doubt to the extreme that she'd be a fun ship to play.

Personally I'm glad she's staying out of the game. Any team that gets a Kita would be immediately shafted in pretty much every relevant aspect. This is no longer CBT, the game has changed and Kitakami simply isn't viable in its current iteration anymore unless you give her absurd buffs at which point she'll likely hurt BBs so that's never going to happen become overpowered.

• Cool 7
  • Angry 1

[COMFY]
Players
560 posts
1,419 battles

Maybe putting her at t7 instead of t8 with torps that are longer range then the original(15km sounds good), but slower and can be seen further from a mile away but hits hard if they hit by using sheer volume rather then precision and torp stealth.

24 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Why do people want this ship back?

Same reason as the tog 2 in wot. 20 torps per side, with the maximum potential for 40 torps to create the greatest wall of skill ever seen. In other words MEMES.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,798 posts
16,210 battles
16 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

15km sounds good

Will never happen. WG has made it very clear that long range torps are either useless or a DW thing now (Gearing torps being a holdover from a long long time ago).

And if you give a Kita long range DW torps there is literally no reason to buy Asashio anymore.

Also T7 is unworkable because you'd lose the concealment upgrade, aka you could no longer stealth torp. That means you'd have the same concealment as a Balti with full stealth build while ships like Cleve start outspotting you by a quite comfy margin.

If you want to play solely for memes, go do it in a game where you'll bother no one else.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[COMFY]
Players
560 posts
1,419 battles

What’s her best possible concealment? Then give her a torp range around 2-3km longer is what I’m saying(assumed that her best concealment is around 12km) also make the torps slow and visible, so she needs to mainly rely on sheer volume to get hits.

8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

If you want to play solely for memes, go do it in a game where you'll bother no one else

Then why the hell tog 2 exists in wot, also a multiplayer game? Also if I play seriously all the time I get burned out. You eventually have to do something dumb cause “why not” is my opinion, and then try to make the dumb thing work so jingle’s quote of “if it looks stupid but if works, then it’s not stupid” is true. I did a triple Yamato div with my buds some time ago and it was hilarious to see every BB simply turn tail and run, while raping french and RNs.

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,798 posts
16,210 battles
24 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

What’s her best possible concealment? Then give her a torp range around 2-3km longer is what I’m saying(assumed that her best concealment is around 12km) also make the torps slow and visible, so she needs to mainly rely on sheer volume to get hits.

Currently at T8? 8,9km.

At T7 this would be 9,9km.

So what you're suggesting would be 12-13km torp range. This is with terrible, slow moving torps and you're still gonna have to brave radar etc. In addition due to the spread of the IJN 4x tubes there's inevitably going to be enormous gaps at such distances.

All of this would mean getting even a single torp hit would be a challenge in the current meta. And the moment there's a CV in the game you can basically quit back to port.

Meanwhile the enemy team has a Cleve, Balti, Edin, Chapa or any other actually useful ship in their team that is not actively shafting them. Yeah, no thanks.

24 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

Then why the hell tog 2 exists in wot, also a multiplayer game? Also if I play seriously all the time I get burned out.

I fail to see why something in WoT is relevant tbh.

And a 3x Yamato div isn't nearly as useless as Kitakami would be. You're not getting actively shafted just because you have 3x Yamatos on your team while the enemy has a mixed bag of T10 BBs on theirs.

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
560 posts
1,419 battles
15 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

IJN 5x tubes

kitami uses a quad, not quintuple. If absolutely needed give longer range torps(reason I mentioned 15km, standard ones of course) for area denial role. I still also have seen atagos and Mogamis (arguably some of the most powercerpt ships) do decently as well.

getting even a single torp hit would be a challenge in the current meta

In the yoshino the torps are more of a idiot filter/ area denial tool. We can make kitami perform a similar role, but with nothing but torps. Also the sheer volume will mean that getting a hit is more probable then u think( 20 torps per side)

And the moment there's a CV in the game you can basically quit back to port.

Assuming that if u have clones, then maybe. Else it’s still probably workable.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,798 posts
16,210 battles
7 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

kitami uses a quad, not quintuple. If absolutely needed give longer range torps(standard ones of course) for area denial role. I still also have seen atagos and Mogamis (arguably some of the most powercerpt ships) do decently as well.

Whoops, typo. Sorry.

Atago and Mogami can fill that role because they have other offensive options to fall back on. Try using pure torps with them and see what happens. That's basically how Kita would play.

In the yoshino the torps are more of a idiot filter/ area denial tool. We can make kitami perform a similar role, but with nothing but torps. Also the sheer volume will mean that getting a hit is more probable then u think( 20 torps per side)

Yoshino torps are at least fast.

With slow torps and garbage IJN torp concealment? Considering you can already dodge the 20km torps at range almost completely broadside? Nah.

Again, try using Yoshino only with torps. See how successful you are.

Assuming that if u have clones, then maybe. Else it’s still probably workable.

Oh, the problem will not be the CV itself most of the time considering CV average skill has been annihilated with the rework. The problem will be air spotting and that practically any hit on you will be a citadel. This includes a variety of HE shells.

• Cool 3

[COMFY]
Players
560 posts
1,419 battles
22 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Try using pure torps with them and see what happens. That's basically how Kita would play.

That is at least a unique play style imo, a torp spamming cruiser rather then the nothing but HE dakka spam these days. And Kitakami is designed for that from the get go, unlike yoshino or Mogami/atago, where torps are more of a secondary.

Again, try using Yoshino only with torps. See how successful you are.

I’m using her torps as a example since you are not gonna hit anything with them but still useful as a area denial role.

The problem will be air spotting and that practically any hit on you will be a citadel.

If it truly becomes a problem then lower/remove the cit.

With slow torps and garbage IJN torp concealment? Considering you can already dodge the 20km torps at range

Eff it. Give her 65-70 knot 16km modified type 93 mod 2 torps(ones on the Kagero) but with greater spotting distance.

• Boring 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,798 posts
16,210 battles
27 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

That is at least a unique play style imo

Just because it is unique doesn't mean it is fun nor effective nor balanced.

And Kitakami is designed for that from the get go, unlike yoshino or Mogami/atago, where torps are more of a secondary.

I’m using her torps as a example since you are not gonna hit anything with them but still useful as a area denial role.

Yeah, no. Kita torps are the same as Mogami/Atago ones and neither is her concealment much better. This is a very viable comparison. Mogami/Atago are practically Kitakami with guns, she does not represent some kind of different design leap.

There are reasons she was removed. Those reasons haven't changed.

If it truly becomes a problem then lower/remove the cit.

With a HP total comparable to and being way bigger, far less stealthy and clumsier than DDs, that's going to make a difference?

Eff it. Give her 65-70 knot 16km modified type 93 mod 2 torps(ones on the Kagero) but with greater spotting distance.

There are no such torps.

Also what matters is reaction speed. Extremely fast torps would cancel out their concealment disadvantage, aka Kita would likely be way overpowered.

• Cool 2

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
1,212 posts
3,518 battles

I would Support the Idea of adding Kitakami back into the Game.

However. Change the Setup to the Historical Long Range Torps and Nerf the Torp Damage.

I mean. Some People recently Claimed that Z52 was Great Torpedo DD due to Fast Reload of its weak Torps.

So if Z52 with its 8x14k Torps is such a Good Torpedo DD.

Then give Kitakami 20km Torps that do 10k Damage each and which are spotted from 3km away by default.

Best Area Denial Ship in the Game.

With Concealment of maybe 9km and 25k HP.

It could easily work as a T8 Premium CL/DD

[P-W-C]
Players
4,720 posts
26,523 battles

Guys. You know what was the Kitakami problem? TK. 

Because WG made the deep water torps... Why not giving it the 20km Asashio torps? Would be funny and crazy :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
1,989 posts
6,883 battles

Do you really want to carry tier 4 (four) armor and HP against the tier 10 ships?

Just to carry 40 LOLZ?

I'm not going into how ridiculously frustrating to give 40 torpedoes to people who cannot find their discharge opening with a mirror on a stick.

Players
3,174 posts
245 battles

Im pretty sure BB's will just camp harder, hard enough to push in my georgia as it is considering she has such a weak torpedo belt.

[P-W-C]
Players
4,720 posts
26,523 battles
4 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Do you really want to carry tier 4 (four) armor and HP against the tier 10 ships?

Just to carry 40 LOLZ?

I'm not going into how ridiculously frustrating to give 40 torpedoes to people who cannot find their discharge opening with a mirror on a stick.

Having ultra deep water torps from Asashio would be fun. Give it TRB for more LOLZ. In PL community we call Kuma as "panzer Kuma" cause it eats so little dmg (overpens). So in high tiers will be lots of lol pens for more LOLZ. 

• Cool 1

[SAT]
Players
9 posts
56 battles
3 saat önce, El2aZeR dedi:

Will never happen. WG has made it very clear

WG made many things very clear before as you know. Aka subs never being in game. :cap_fainting:

I wouldnt count on their habit at making things very clear 

• Cool 2

[NSVE]
Players
194 posts
9,558 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Will never happen. WG has made it very clear that long range torps are either useless or a DW thing now (Gearing torps being a holdover from a long long time ago).

And if you give a Kita long range DW torps there is literally no reason to buy Asashio anymore.

Also T7 is unworkable because you'd lose the concealment upgrade, aka you could no longer stealth torp. That means you'd have the same concealment as a Balti with full stealth build while ships like Cleve start outspotting you by a quite comfy margin.

If you want to play solely for memes, go do it in a game where you'll bother no one else.

Will never happen you say...

Submarines! Infact we can probably safely say WG will do anything they want regardless of what "we the players" desire. NTC ring a bell? They've taken a decent game and made it an arcade farce.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,798 posts
16,210 battles
12 minutes ago, _B4rth_ said:

I wouldnt count on their habit at making things very clear 

7 minutes ago, iFax said:

Will never happen you say...

There are reasons as to why they're going for subs now.

There are no reasons to reimplement Kitakami. Or rather no reasons that'd matter to WG.

Players
623 posts
14,833 battles

Releasing her with the Asasiho deep water torps would make it possible and putting her behind the Design bureau should mean she would only be available to people with considerable experience. 

However WG would never let her be that good after all she's a Japanese torp boat.

• Cool 4

[P-W-C]
Players
4,720 posts
26,523 battles
37 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

Releasing her with the Asasiho deep water torps would make it possible and putting her behind the Design bureau should mean she would only be available to people with considerable experience. 

However WG would never let her be that good after all she's a Japanese torp boat.

I hope they will. They didn't say ultimate "no" , maybe they consider it in the future. Can be also for steel as lowest price steel ship. 

I have another idea for it. It's squishy so... It needs smoke. The Italian one :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3

[SAT]
Players
9 posts
56 battles
2 saat önce, El2aZeR dedi:

There are reasons as to why they're going for subs now.

I should have missed their reasoning for subs.

Btw i agree with you about kitakami being useless right now. 

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,293 posts
7 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Sooo it's that time of the year again where i come up with a idea to bring Kitakami back. 

This year the idea is simple, since we get the option for regrinding lines again, how about a posibility if one regrinds the IJN full tree again that they can aquire Kitakami? 

Any takers? 

:Smile_Default:

First they'd need to follow Tanks and disable team damage, as that was the main reason she got removed.

There are still myths going around that say that Kitakami had on average killed more green ships than red ships :cap_popcorn:

Other than that, I'm afraid I have to agree with @El2aZeR. The game has changed a lot since closed beta. Radar and even hydro makes the ship utterly useless nowadays, not to mention the non-existent armour and terribad concealment. There's a reason sistership Kuma sits comfortably at T4.

It's sad, I'd like to see Kitakami come back in some form or another, but in the state of the game now, she's utterly useless :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
4,720 posts
26,523 battles
20 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

First they'd need to follow Tanks and disable team damage, as that was the main reason she got removed.

There are still myths going around that say that Kitakami had on average killed more green ships than red ships :cap_popcorn:

Other than that, I'm afraid I have to agree with @El2aZeR. The game has changed a lot since closed beta. Radar and even hydro makes the ship utterly useless nowadays, not to mention the non-existent armour and terribad concealment. There's a reason sistership Kuma sits comfortably at T4.

It's sad, I'd like to see Kitakami come back in some form or another, but in the state of the game now, she's utterly useless :Smile_sad:

She needs some gimmick. 

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
576 posts
4,304 battles
3 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

She needs some gimmick. 

The Italian cruiser moving smokescreen ???   :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,293 posts
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

She needs some gimmick. 

Oh god please no!

There are enough ships in the game held together by gimmicks alone :cap_haloween:

What she needs is either:

• decent concealment
  • proper armour
  • torps that outrange radar
  • removal of team damage
  • removal of hydro
  • removal of radar
  • removal of citadel

Or any combination of the above :Smile-_tongue:

The problem is that it's a T4 hull, fitted with 40 torps. You can't balance that sh*t. If you give it sh*t torps, it's a useless turd because of the T4 hull. If you give it good torps, it will be OP by the shear number of them.

It worked (sort of... there was still team damage) in Closed Beta because nobody had any clue what they were doing, there was no radar to spot ships, there was no hydro spotting torps, and people barely knew what a citadel was.

Edited by Bellegar
brainfart -_-

Sign in to follow this