Jump to content
  • 0
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
O3EE

Steam DLCs and VIP program

8 comments in this topic

Question

Players
21 posts
3,542 battles

Hello!

 

I have two questions:

1. Are you guys planning on changing DLCs on steam? Because they haven't been changed in the past few months. (probably 3-4 months or more)


2. As you can probably see or check, i spend/spent/invested a lot of money into the game :) Like a lot... :D Many hundred/Few thousands of euros :/ (jeez) Are you guys planning on doing some program like CCs for the guys like me? Who spent a lot of money in the game, and helped the making/developing WoWs. I thought some VIP program or something. Just like twitch done in the last few months with VIP badges. Or what you've done to ship collectors badges. Are there any plan to do something like this? Like after some amount of money spent in the game you can get in-game goodies or flags, or discounts, or something, i don't know :) Just like you did with this recruit program. 
Just done the math from my e-mail account (i searched for all the purchases i made since 2018.01.) 
I've spent: 530.536 HUF thats about 1634 EUR in 1 year and 7 months. 
Now that's a lot... :D

Thank you for your answer in advance guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Players
21 posts
3,542 battles
46 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

We have collector badges.

 

2 hours ago, O3EE said:

Or what you've done to ship collectors badges.

Yeah i know, that's why i mentioned it. Probably in wrong syntax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,575 posts
13,966 battles
1 hour ago, O3EE said:

Still no answer after 2 months :/ Any dev or competent forum member?

  1. The Steam DLCs are a subject of some contention. For users who have adopted WoWS through Steam they get access to all of the discounts and sales available through the WG premium shop and the bundles that are for sale via Steam which on occasion have been heavily discounted. Players like myself who have played the game since day 1 never had the opportunity to play the game with a Steam account (or did not want to start again from scratch) and so cannot buy any of the extremely cheap Steam DLC content. A lot of players have complained about this and as such WGs response has been to shift more of the sales towards the premium shop and the armory ingame. I would not expect to see them expand upon the Steam DLC any time soon, or they will simply draw more ire from the community members who cannot buy that stuff.
  2. The Collectors Club is the exclusive program for players who own a significant number of ships. Presently I believe that even after the release of the italian and british CA lines it still wont be possible to reach 250 ships without owning at least some premiums, even if you own every regular ship in the game. While it currently only rewards players with badges, insignias and emblems, the original version of the Collectors Club on the RU servers had more features, but it is now standard across all regions that only the emblems are rewarded. I'm not aware of any planned changes, perhaps you can reach out to Sub_Octavian on reddit when he next does an open Q&A session.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
21 posts
3,542 battles
5 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:
  1. The Steam DLCs are a subject of some contention. For users who have adopted WoWS through Steam they get access to all of the discounts and sales available through the WG premium shop and the bundles that are for sale via Steam which on occasion have been heavily discounted. Players like myself who have played the game since day 1 never had the opportunity to play the game with a Steam account (or did not want to start again from scratch) and so cannot buy any of the extremely cheap Steam DLC content. A lot of players have complained about this and as such WGs response has been to shift more of the sales towards the premium shop and the armory ingame. I would not expect to see them expand upon the Steam DLC any time soon, or they will simply draw more ire from the community members who cannot buy that stuff.
  2. The Collectors Club is the exclusive program for players who own a significant number of ships. Presently I believe that even after the release of the italian and british CA lines it still wont be possible to reach 250 ships without owning at least some premiums, even if you own every regular ship in the game. While it currently only rewards players with badges, insignias and emblems, the original version of the Collectors Club on the RU servers had more features, but it is now standard across all regions that only the emblems are rewarded. I'm not aware of any planned changes, perhaps you can reach out to Sub_Octavian on reddit when he next does an open Q&A session.

The collectors club is no more than a badge/insignia in the game. And it's achievable by just collecting ships. And as you probably know, you can easily have 100,150,200+ ships with a old, but free account. What i mean is that you can achieve collectors badge with minimal real money investment. What i wanted know, is that why is there a program for ex. for recruitment and nothing for people like me, who spent thousands of euros in the game, and probably took a large role in the games development possibilities by giving money to pay the devs. I wanted to know that they have some future plans for guys like me. Like... special ships just like Alabama ST or giving opportunities to access rare ships like Mo or Kutuzov. Let's be honest here... we are the ones who give the devs salary. Still... no special appreciation.  I mean, i respect supertesters as well, but if they deserve special ships, and probably free stuff from WG, then we as well deserve it for the same reason. And not just some random badge or insignia :/ I don't want to be rude but... I hope you can understand the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,575 posts
13,966 battles
1 hour ago, O3EE said:

The collectors club is no more than a badge/insignia in the game. And it's achievable by just collecting ships. And as you probably know, you can easily have 100,150,200+ ships with a old, but free account. What i mean is that you can achieve collectors badge with minimal real money investment. What i wanted know, is that why is there a program for ex. for recruitment and nothing for people like me, who spent thousands of euros in the game, and probably took a large role in the games development possibilities by giving money to pay the devs. I wanted to know that they have some future plans for guys like me. Like... special ships just like Alabama ST or giving opportunities to access rare ships like Mo or Kutuzov. Let's be honest here... we are the ones who give the devs salary. Still... no special appreciation.  I mean, i respect supertesters as well, but if they deserve special ships, and probably free stuff from WG, then we as well deserve it for the same reason. And not just some random badge or insignia :/ I don't want to be rude but... I hope you can understand the point.

Imo, the reward for spending thousands on premium ships is the ability to play thousands of euroes worth of premium ships and any investment in the game is returned as the continued existence of the game and continued development with new features, events, ship lines, etc being added.

 

The collectors club was not designed to be exclusive for people to whale upon but you cannot currently obtain it owning only standard ships, nor can you obtain it owning only premium ships as currently (not including upcoming Italian or British standard ships) there are only 208 standard ships in the game and 130 premiums (of which only a limited number have been available for free). Even if you own every standard ship you still need to buy/obtain a further 42 premiums.

 

But, I only know the collectors club rewards for what it is at the moment. I like to collect ships, I own over 300 of the 338 ships that exist, but I collect them because I like ships not because I care about the emblem and I'm not aware of any plans to expand upon the existing benefits as it is. It's a question to pose to either S_O on reddit or to people like @MrConway or @Crysantos during their live streams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
21 posts
3,542 battles
1 hour ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Imo, the reward for spending thousands on premium ships is the ability to play thousands of euroes worth of premium ships and any investment in the game is returned as the continued existence of the game and continued development with new features, events, ship lines, etc being added.

 

The collectors club was not designed to be exclusive for people to whale upon but you cannot currently obtain it owning only standard ships, nor can you obtain it owning only premium ships as currently (not including upcoming Italian or British standard ships) there are only 208 standard ships in the game and 130 premiums (of which only a limited number have been available for free). Even if you own every standard ship you still need to buy/obtain a further 42 premiums.

 

But, I only know the collectors club rewards for what it is at the moment. I like to collect ships, I own over 300 of the 338 ships that exist, but I collect them because I like ships not because I care about the emblem and I'm not aware of any plans to expand upon the existing benefits as it is. It's a question to pose to either S_O on reddit or to people like @MrConway or @Crysantos during their live streams.

I spent a lot of money on containers (especially on santa crates), premium time, and doubloons as well. For ex. i have T10 ships which i unlocked with converting xp from my premium ships with doubloons. (i skipped FDG, Izumo and russian t8-9 BBs for ex.) I don't want to promote this because i know that we have enough problems with inexperienced players, but luckily i have self criticism. And i knew that i have the basic game mechanic, map strategic and tactic knowledge to do it. I just wanted to point out that "spending money" is far not only buying premium ships. I don't calculated it, but probably half my money spent was not made on premium ships.

Thanks for your tips btw!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×