You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

Will you Reset in The Research Bureau

Design bureau?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be resetting tech branches with the design bureau?

2. 2. What rewards are you after?

3. 3. Do you think the design bureau is a good idea? (keeping in mind it does not affect ship statistics)

166 comments in this topic

Players
1,500 posts
5,789 battles

I have the Georgia so don't want to regrind 4-6 lines for the Ohio (in its current state). The Colbert was power-crept on release by the Coal based Smolensk which doesn't require regrind to earn. 

If the two current rewards hold no appeal to me then why would I choose to use the RB? 

• Cool 1

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
389 posts
12,874 battles

reset 3 lines so far, no regrets (well except when i fancied an ibuki game and then realised)
IJN cruisers and both destroyer lines, already back up to Kitekaze, Mogami and Akatsuki so 9.8.7 respectively, it's added a little purpose ans structure to my day's play and I'll be going again on another line.

• Cool 1

[WASP_]
Players
345 posts
On 8/18/2019 at 12:39 PM, Barracuda_111 said:

Lets See what the players think so far.

I tried to add a poll and gave up after 5 attempts of getting this:- May be some one else can do it

image.png.791f7a36e779f62c3f858db6e26a0653.png  

Well you can't submit a vote if you pick NO to the First and Third question. Obviously the second question is irrelevant. If you are not resetting and dont think it's a good idea, well obviously you are not interested in any of the rewards in the research bureau. :fish_palm: 

[-GOD-]
Players
1,091 posts
15,784 battles
10 hours ago, IanH755 said:

I have the Georgia so don't want to regrind 4-6 lines for the Ohio (in its current state). The Colbert was power-crept on release by the Coal based Smolensk which doesn't require regrind to earn. 

If the two current rewards hold no appeal to me then why would I choose to use the RB? 

I don't play for either ships. I play for entertainment value, and replay fun lines for that (IJN cruisers, DD lines and carrier line for now). For me resetting a few lines brought back some of the enjoyment i had for the game, which I was steadily losing with WG pushing everything to tier 9 and 10. I'm sure other ships or rewards will be added, so I'll just hold on to my tokens until something passes by that I like.

• Cool 1

Players
1,500 posts
5,789 battles
22 minutes ago, Europizza said:

I don't play for either ships. I play for entertainment value, and replay fun lines for that (IJN cruisers, DD lines and carrier line for now). For me resetting a few lines brought back some of the enjoyment i had for the game, which I was steadily losing with WG pushing everything to tier 9 and 10. I'm sure other ships or rewards will be added, so I'll just hold on to my tokens until something passes by that I like.

But there was nothing stopping you playing those games before the RB "forced" you to, which is entirely your choice to do.

For me however, if I wanted to play lower tiers I'll just play the lower tier ships I still own like the T3 Derpski , T4 Clemson, T5 Kirov or T6 Dallas etc because I want to for my own entertainment, rather than being "forced" to for reward ships which I feel are unappealing to me. 

Again, its great that you're enjoying RB's replay, maybe if a reward ship comes up which catches my eye I'll also join you. 

• Cool 1

[-GOD-]
Players
1,091 posts
15,784 battles
47 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

But there was nothing stopping you playing those games before the RB "forced" you to, which is entirely your choice to do.

For me however, if I wanted to play lower tiers I'll just play the lower tier ships I still own like the T3 Derpski , T4 Clemson, T5 Kirov or T6 Dallas etc because I want to for my own entertainment, rather than being "forced" to for reward ships which I feel are unappealing to me. 

Again, its great that you're enjoying RB's replay, maybe if a reward ship comes up which catches my eye I'll also join you. 

Sure to each his own. Resetting the line does force me to play these ships again, and that's a different experience from occasionally playing a lower tier ship. That is why I made sure I picked lines that I enjoyed most of the time, and were ones I played long ago. You will not see me resetting the IJN BB line any time soon, I don't like those ships.

Resetting gave back some of the gratification of playing and earning enough XP for the next ship in line, instead of looking for that gratification in tier 9 and 10 or waiting for new lines I don't enjoy, like the french DD line, or the russian BB line. And for me, it works. I get to choose what line to play through instead of having to wait for WG to come up with new and weird stuff. I can usually buy coal or XP ships when they are released. Limiting my options to a degree (being forced to play through a select few lines of my choice) brings a lot of fun back for me. Instead of it feeling like a chore, like most grinds for high tier rewards feel these days. Not wanting the reward ships at the end makes it even better, I have no interest to get there soon, so I am fully enjoying the replay of lines.

EDIT: I also found that with me understanding the game better now, I enjoy some ships I didn't understand back then way more.

• Cool 1

[NKK]
Beta Tester
760 posts
7,595 battles
On 8/18/2019 at 2:26 PM, quickr said:

Will I reset a line? - Probably, I've grinded everything there is to grind.

Do I want to? -Guess not, but what else is there to do?

What is it there to do? Play the game with the ships you want instead of regrinding them?

[THESO]
Players
566 posts
10,511 battles
18 hours ago, nambr9 said:

I have serious doubt that the anniversary rewords are gonna stay the same (a SC for each T10) .... but we will see.

How so?

There was some info on the Research Bureau that said, if you reset before the anniversary, the reset ship will be treated as if you still had it in port, you would get the reward for it and if you regrind it during the  anniversary update you will get the reward twice for the once ship.

So why do you doubt the rewards will be the same as the last 2 years before?

[SCRUB]
Players
3,354 posts
8,973 battles
5 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

How so?

There was some info on the Research Bureau that said, if you reset before the anniversary, the reset ship will be treated as if you still had it in port, you would get the reward for it and if you regrind it during the  anniversary update you will get the reward twice for the once ship.

So why do you doubt the rewards will be the same as the last 2 years before?

Simply because of the number of T10 ships people own.

Especially since this year a lot T10 were released in the armory ....

I could be totally wrong tho ...

Beta Tester
4,089 posts
16,507 battles
On 9/10/2019 at 9:31 PM, IanH755 said:

One flaw with that right now:

On lower tiers you now meet all the potatoes - again - that had happily died their way up to the "endgame" or "top tier" and that STILL don't know feces about how to play the game to win... oh, the things I've seen the last couple days when taking out my lower tier ships for a ride... it hurts to think about it... *whimper*

Players
50 posts
9,981 battles

Not a chance, Already pissed a portion of my life away on this game and DO not intend to do it again. Not gonna invest anymore time into a game ran by a bunch of backward brain dead idiots that don't and won't listen to testers and still continue to release BS op ships into the game "cough Russian"

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
1,500 posts
5,789 battles
5 hours ago, Viper_Tech_ said:

and still continue to release BS op ships into the game "cough Russian"

NO RUZZIAN BIAZ COMRADE, SOVIET SHIPZ BUILT BY SUPERIOR RUZZIAN BUILDERZ AND CREWED BY BEST CREWS IN WORLD, ALL BIAZ FAKE COMRADE TOVARISH. YOU QUESTION? YOU GULAG! 

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,683 posts
27,525 battles

Okay some thoughts after resetting 4 lines. All are back at Tier X again.Its actually quite fun to revisit the lines. This time I did reset my favoured lines. Not so sure if I do that again. To much pressure to get my favourite ships back in a hurry. Think next season I reset some of the lines I don't play every day like the Russian tech tree. Just for slowing the pace down a bit and to learn and appreciate these lines which has never been my favourites.. Basically I sucked hard in them when I levelled them up first pass around.

[SHAD]
Players
793 posts

I’ve only reset one but I agree it’s more fun than expected though I did skip straight to tier 6.

[WBF]
Players
211 posts
12,223 battles

I will reset a line if i can replace that T10 immediately from FreeXP. And only reset for double RBP so one line in every 3 months. I think it doesn't mean a problem and people have to spend their freeXP for something useful.