You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Barracuda_111

Will you Reset in The Research Bureau

Design bureau?  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be resetting tech branches with the design bureau?

2. 2. What rewards are you after?

3. 3. Do you think the design bureau is a good idea? (keeping in mind it does not affect ship statistics)

163 comments in this topic

[P-W-C]
Players
4,717 posts
26,482 battles
56 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

i don't even have the tier 10s that are in the game right now because i'm too lazy.

:cap_hmm:

Beta Tester
1,029 posts
4,710 battles

Will be resetting some lines for the Ohio. 

Instead of just another ship I was actually hoping for something special; like a special camo, different shell colors, third flag option on ships etcetera. Sadly WarGaming turned it into another grindfest. At some point some competitive ships will be released by the Research Bureau and good luck finding a clan when you only have 10 tier 10s, but no Research Bureau ship. 
During the early Stalingrad meta it was easily countered, but it was also darn easy to have one in your team.

• Cool 1

Players
197 posts
9,156 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, MacArthur92 sagte:

I will cause I have the time to do it. Other players? Mostly - no. Cause they’ll need not 3 months but a year to reset 4 lines.

Even as somebody who will need said year - if I'm still playing by then - to regrind three or four lines, I am going to reset.

It will be tech trees that are mostly agreeable to play, but have T9s and T10s that I wouldn't really miss in ranked. Stuff like UK CVs and French BBs.

[P-W-C]
Players
4,717 posts
26,482 battles
6 minutes ago, thisismalacoda said:

Even as somebody who will need said year - if I'm still playing by then - to regrind three or four lines, I am going to reset.

It will be tech trees that are mostly agreeable to play, but have T9s and T10s that I wouldn't really miss in ranked. Stuff like UK CVs and French BBs.

A year? Nah. I'll reset those 4 lines in 3 months. 

Beta Tester
4,043 posts
16,202 battles

I'm already play more battles in lower tiers than with my few T10 ships - as T10 battles areway too boring... - so I'm not in the target group for this... whatever one should call it.... feature?

• Cool 2

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
1,191 posts
3,503 battles

I wont Reset anything.

I would be Interested in the Rewards.

But I consider them to be Unreachable and thus Irrelevant.

I just dont Play enough as that I would possibly ever even consider Resetting a Tech Tree.

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Players
437 posts
8,502 battles
6 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

He’s talking about the Poltava, that crap on T8. Poltava maybe could be a free exp T8 for 650k free exp. Cause I don’t see it sold by cash having a much better Lenin which is pretty cheap T8 BB. 

Well we dont know anything about Poltava except raw stats, who knows, maybe she will turn out to be a t8 Pobeda/Slava? Otherwise by stats only true that even Sinop is better.

Regarding the topic: highly unlikely

• Cool 1

[COMA]
Players
277 posts

I think i know the gist of this idea. But we got the Armory already as far as rewards go and now separating exlusive ships to yet another currency to entice spending on premium time etc and/or just as desperate means to fix the low tier population problem. 

It's a really controversial decision. If you carter to your whales, which are mostly unicum with golden ports by now, just to make them spend some more coins on this and expereince the degradation of gameplay quality this will in due time result. I'm baffled. Two years back most randoms had 47% WR on awerange, now more and more 40% WR. What's next? 30-35% WR? WoT to this day has better players that at least can aim properly to secure a decent WR by just playing normally. All this regrinding will just make f2p people even less care for WR (no matter the statshaming) and just rush to T10 for that free premium ship to finally grind out your first 19 captain. And the guys that will spend some money will haw some seal clubbing against what will feel like bots. So much for first impressions to new consummers. And you haw plenty of smurfs in low tiers on alternative accounts with 5k or more battles,  that you don't account for the same whales that keep their main unicum account clean of seal blood.

Any competitive game has a toxic community that lets off steam in low tiers already beating noobs.

[I-J-N]
Players
1,390 posts

TBH no idea. I'm kinda of fed up with grinding as it is. I could maybe think of doing it on some of those 'short' lines like alternate DD's and such.

Players
2,001 posts
12,794 battles

Might dump my FXp into resetting if no interesting FXP ships are on offer. Depends how much is needed unlock a ship. Probably its too expensive though and out of range.

Atm researched pretty much the whole techtree apart from French DDs and the Kremlin so i should be in the target audience. Unfortunately i've learned to not play grinding games, so if this game is indeed heading down grind-alley, I'm out.

Not going to to bother playing through the whole damn tree of used content again, thats for damned sure.

[BABBY]
Players
437 posts
8,502 battles

"Hey folks, do you want more grind?" 

"Yes please" -said noone ever

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
433 posts
5,436 battles

Nope.

I think its a crap idea and WoWs is going to drop to an occasional thing for me when WoW Classic comes out

Beta Tester
2,200 posts
6,520 battles
2 hours ago, BlackYeti said:

"Hey folks, do you want more grind?" 

"Yes please" -said noone ever

Well if they would give out a reward for regrinding the IJN line..... like a Kitakami for example (hint WG hint) then yeah, but as is now, concidering how limited (unforunatly) my time for WoWs is, its a biga$$ NO. 

Beta Tester
403 posts
9,659 battles

If Ohio will be as good as it is now, I will get it on day one.

Just small hint for WG.

That basically means if this even is time gated then there is no good reason to throw money at WG.

I will rest IJN BB, French BB, US DD, i love them and it will be fun to play them again.

The whole idea is wrong. They want silver just make missions that participation cost 100k silver and you get zero silver in return.

[TAYTO]
Players
488 posts
7,231 battles
7 hours ago, gustywinds said:

Nope.

I think its a crap idea and WoWs is going to drop to an occasional thing for me when WoW Classic comes out

WoW Classic?

[MORIA]
Players
241 posts
28,739 battles

Sure, I will reset 4-5 lines; free xp up to tier 8, slap Mosaic or other high xp camo's and special flags (plenty in stock) on the ships and play t8 and t9, fast grind and this way I will earn a chunk of the free xp back. 

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
4,717 posts
26,482 battles
28 minutes ago, Durin_VI said:

Sure, I will reset 4-5 lines; free xp up to tier 8, slap Mosaic or other high xp camo's and special flags (plenty in stock) on the ships and play t8 and t9, fast grind and this way I will earn a chunk of the free xp back. 

Yep. My 70 mosaics camo are waiting :cap_look:

• Cool 1

Players
421 posts
1,690 battles

I've not been playing nearly as long you most of you, but my initial feeling is that when I'm eventually bored with the game grinding a tech tree twice isn't going to improve things very much.

I got bored with WoT because of all the new layers they kept adding to the game, adding variety is one thing but keeping a player unbalanced and unsure is another. It's like the recent events WG have run for ships such as the Benham, they've invented a sort of imaginary 'sod it' button that they are tempting players to press to relieve themselves of the grind by using doubloons, loot boxes, free XP, or whatever it takes to stop the pain. I think the Research Bureau will become an extension of this policy, ensuing there is always a certain amount of pain in playing the game for players to want to short cut it, but it may also make them put strike a pose with their extended middle finger as well.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,570 posts
13,718 battles

Having fully researched every single tech tree apart from carriers (US T6, RN T6, IJN T8) and Russian BB's (currently at T9) and with enough credits and free exp to accelerate any grind I would have been tempted to reset one line (or maybe two) as I have to admit that there is few things "left to do" apart from grinding another set of 19 skill point captains. However I will never ever reset like 5 lines...

[P-W-C]
Players
4,717 posts
26,482 battles
2 minutes ago, 250swb said:

I've not been playing nearly as long you most of you, but my initial feeling is that when I'm eventually bored with the game grinding a tech tree twice isn't going to improve things very much.

You know some techtrees had been changed. Like the USN one. Older players didn't play the new one having DM for long time. Same with CVs having a Midway I didn't play the lower tier ones. 

Players
724 posts
6,061 battles

While I admire the courage of all of you, I will again caution those intent on regrinding. They may found the rules not so agreeable and the gameplay unfavorable or even unforgiving. Things have changed. Not be surprised if some rule is introduced after you decide to regrind a line that makes ships of said line 'unplayable'. But I will upvote all who decide to do it per principle :Smile_honoring:

Players
392 posts

If you vote "No" for 1. and 3. query makes no sense having to be interested in any of the NTC premiums. You should rework the options.

[CR-S]
Players
509 posts

No incentive for me to bother with research bureau.

sdfs.jpg.e8475455ded7dc82c033fae92d35d47d.jpg

With "future" i actually mean mid-tier ships which were announced long ago:

Yahagi

Leone

Viribus Unitis

Currently WG focuses only on fantasy- and what-if- ships on T8-T10 because they don´t want us to play mid-tiers.