You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Barracuda_111

Will you Reset in The Research Bureau

Design bureau?  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be resetting tech branches with the design bureau?

2. 2. What rewards are you after?

3. 3. Do you think the design bureau is a good idea? (keeping in mind it does not affect ship statistics)

163 comments in this topic

Players
513 posts

Lets See what the players think so far.

I tried to add a poll and gave up after 5 attempts of getting this:- May be some one else can do it

image.png.791f7a36e779f62c3f858db6e26a0653.png  

4,670 posts
9,162 battles

Yes.

At least IJN cruisers and USN DDs. Have the Zao in port as my first ever T10 so I forgot how the lower tiers play in today's meta. USN DDs as I have a premium DDs on T7, T8 and T9 for the USN and a perma camo for the Farragut. So regrind will be a breeze and I won't miss the high tier USN DD feeling as much during regrind.

Maybe go for the RU or RN cruisers as well... will see.

[P-W-C]
Players
4,717 posts
26,451 battles

I will cause I have the time to do it. Other players? Mostly - no. Cause they’ll need not 3 months but a year to reset 4 lines.

• Cool 1

[RBMF]
647 posts
6,875 battles

@CaptStevSmith There you go, I've added your poll and to reply to the question. Yes, I will probably be resetting multiple branches to get my hands on premiums and freeXP.

• Cool 2

Players
513 posts
1 minute ago, CptMinia said:

@CaptStevSmith There you go, I've added your poll and to reply to the question. Yes, I will probably be resetting multiple branches to get my hands on premiums and freeXP.

Thank you so much Capt M

:Smile_honoring:

Players
253 posts
1,485 battles

NO.

I respect everyone that will reset their lines, but for me it's No. For me, there are no rewards that are worth for regrinding lines, no even premium ships.

To me it's just a bad idea.

• Cool 10

Players
3,154 posts
245 battles

Second option needs a negative or at least optional. for those who arent bothered either way.

Thonks.

But its a no from me. soz.

Oh well it doesn't effect me either way, still seems a lazy way of doing it.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
670 posts
13,441 battles

Will I reset a line? - Probably, I've grinded everything there is to grind.

Do I want to? -Guess not, but what else is there to do?

Do I think RB is a good idea? - Well i see what they tried to do but i think it could have been done much better. Reasoning for it in other hand is dubious at best. They want more people to play lower tiers and yet they keep insisting on early access ships: "here, buy some crates and skip first 7 tiers". WG keeps offering solutions for problems that they create. Stop poking holes WG, that way you won't have to patch them.

• Cool 5

[P-W-C]
Players
4,717 posts
26,451 battles
8 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Second option needs a negative or at least optional. for those who arent bothered either way.

Thonks.

But its a no from me. soz.

Oh well it doesn't effect me either way, still seems a lazy way of doing it.

You don’t have T10s and you’re pretty close to have one. I’m here for 3.5 years and I’m playing daily. No problems to do it :cap_look:

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,226 posts

Any such thread, even with a single "yes"vote, will just encourage Wargaming in their plans.

• Cool 2

[P-W-C]
Players
4,717 posts
26,451 battles
Just now, Egoleter said:

Any such thread, even with a single "yes"vote, will just encourage Wargaming in their plans.

They will do it no matter what. But they can change it a bit based on forums and people reaction.

Players
3,154 posts
245 battles
4 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

You don’t have T10s and you’re pretty close to have one. I’m here for 3.5 years and I’m playing daily. No problems to do it :cap_look:

yeeeeaaahh, but id rather focus on learning ships than blasting through them. Also if i have regrind the British BB line i might actually scream lol.

I have midway ready to be bought, i dunno if henri 4 is ready to be researched yet doe.

The vid doesn't look great either.

[STARS]
Beta Tester
131 posts
14,121 battles

No.

It is just a stupid money sink.

I would rather see they (WG) put more effort into the MM and the legendary modules. Also by the looks of Flamy PTS review the gains look really poor.

• Cool 1

Players
724 posts
6,061 battles

I aint regrinding yamato, nor the kita. I bled creds to get em and suffered through the CV meta. Imagine doing it in the Subs meta, good Lord that's as close to a nightmare as I can think of :cap_fainting:

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,226 posts
8 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

They will do it no matter what. But they can change it a bit based on forums and people reaction. 

I agree on the first part. It's something I said very early after they presented the first concept and tried to tell us that the buffs are of no consequence to the game balance.

The second part though will not happen anymore. What they presented now is what we will get.

Players
513 posts
24 minutes ago, quickr said:

Will I reset a line? - Probably, I've grinded everything there is to grind.

Do I want to? -Guess not, but what else is there to do?

Do I think RB is a good idea? - Well i see what they tried to do but i think it could have been done much better. Reasoning for it in other hand is dubious at best. They want more people to play lower tiers and yet they keep insisting on early access ships: "here, buy some crates and skip first 7 tiers". WG keeps offering solutions for problems that they create. Stop poking holes WG, that way you won't have to patch them.

I voted I do not know 1 and 3

and I am more interested in Ohio, than the Psychotic Pyromaniac Colbert although I do see the Colbert as a possible source of venting frustrations of playing random, for Me.

The problem with tiers 3,4,5 , IMHO is People who wish to play Battleships I think are at a disadvantage to the Destroyer Torpedo Meta, thus I do feel it can put BB players off, and they appear skip though asap to Tier   5,  +

I would like to see a special upgrade that only fits on T3, T4, T5  that can not be bought, and only can be earned though experience, some sort of "early torpedo warning sonar" ( for want of a better name ) like a special legendary module in a set of missions with its own achievement badge. It would be some thing to aim for, and encourage a " More Focused " low tire Battleship experience.  

~~

4,670 posts
9,162 battles
24 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

How so? New content is new content. Sure in this case it's rehashing something that's already in the game, but put to new use by giving it a purpose. I mean, I certainly wouldn't play low tier ships just for the sake of playing. But now? A goal given to do so.

Sure it could've been also a mission set. But who knows, that may come later down the road to prolong the grind even more.

Players
3,154 posts
245 battles

Oh btw does anyone know if the smoll 356mm russian ship and tier 10 alaska will be for NTC or something else?

Makes me wonder if in the NTC they will focus on mid and low tier prems as well or just higher tier.

Also such an odd BB as well. Maybe its a Battlecruiser in Disguise?

Players
1,258 posts
1 minute ago, CptBarney said:

Oh btw does anyone know if the smoll 356mm russian ship and tier 10 alaska will be for NTC or something else?

Makes me wonder if in the NTC they will focus on mid and low tier prems as well or just higher tier.

Also such an odd BB as well. Maybe its a Battlecruiser in Disguise?

Smolensk will be coal i believe, tier 10 alaska isnt anounced yet for which currency.

Guess NTC will focus high tier for now but maybe lower tiers in the future, also not annoucned yet.

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
4,717 posts
26,451 battles
2 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Smolensk will be coal i believe, tier 10 alaska isnt anounced yet for which currency.

Guess NTC will focus high tier for now but maybe lower tiers in the future, also not annoucned yet.

He’s talking about the Poltava, that crap on T8. Poltava maybe could be a free exp T8 for 650k free exp. Cause I don’t see it sold by cash having a much better Lenin which is pretty cheap T8 BB. 

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
3,280 posts
8,363 battles
1 hour ago, Allied_Winter said:

USN DDs as I have a premium DDs on T7, T8 and T9 for the USN and a perma camo for the Farragut. So regrind will be a breeze and I won't miss the high tier USN DD feeling as much during regrind.

The whole premium thing had slipped my mind - this is a good point; I might well give the US DD tree a re-grind - although I like Gearing a lot, I can manage without her for a bit whilst still being able to play most of the crucial tiers with premiums...