You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gustywinds

Hakuryu - order for upgrades?

30 comments in this topic

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles

So..I finally saved enough credits for Hakuryu but, out of the box she is pretty meh. I've got a 15 point captain on her but what order should I do upgrades and plane replacement in?

[CAIN]
Players
4,518 posts
19,103 battles

Select her in port, right click her icon and click the sell option. It automatically chooses all correct upgrades. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Bad 2

Players
10,099 posts
11,861 battles
1 hour ago, gustywinds said:

So..I finally saved enough credits for Hakuryu but, out of the box she is pretty meh. I've got a 15 point captain on her but what order should I do upgrades and plane replacement in?

Haku gain very little from upgrading planes, so if you find her meh already, she's not going to blast you into chair when upgraded.

• Cool 1

[_DMP_]
Players
651 posts
Vor 20 Minuten, Panocek sagte:

Haku gain very little from upgrading planes, so if you find her meh already, she's not going to blast you into chair when upgraded.

Haku is the only cv with a little bit of alpha. Therefor for me it's the best T10 cv but also the hardest to make work. 

Players
3,370 posts
4 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Haku is amazing.

Are you a unicom, every ship is amazing to you, lol

I have all three tier X CV's, and people often react with surprise when I say they are al pretty crap, a lot of time wasted for the grinds, Midways torps are laughable as they all spread out everywhere, and the Haku with just the two torps that go in some sort of V shape, the Brit CV is the only one I would have taken out with any degree of confidence, but since the AA thing, well BB's and the odd DD are my thing now.

• Funny 1

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles
47 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

I have all three tier X CV's, and people often react with surprise when I say they are al pretty crap, a lot of time wasted for the grinds, Midways torps are laughable as they all spread out everywhere, and the Haku with just the two torps that go in some sort of V shape, the Brit CV is the only one I would have taken out with any degree of confidence, but since the AA thing, well BB's and the odd DD are my thing now.

I really like Midway. Her torps are lethal on big fat T9/10 BBs. The only thing is the TiTs seem to spread even worse than Lexi

Audacious’s rocket planes are OK but torps suck and carpet bombs only and good if you equip fire flags.

I really like Shokaku and was hoping Haku was going to be similar but better.

• Boring 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,115 posts
20,086 battles
53 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Using that logic every ship must be bad for you. :Smile_trollface:

Objectively speaking Hakuryu is superior, Midway is great and Audacious is situational.

Players
230 posts
7,639 battles
13 hours ago, gustywinds said:

Nah, ain’t paying for any more premiums.

its free when you have coal :P

[IRN]
Players
309 posts
12,272 battles

Upgrade dive bombers 1st then rocketers then tb build capita and modules around +speed + concelment don't listen who say crap that's a damn good cv

• Cool 1

[-WHO-]
Beta Tester
241 posts
19,249 battles
23 hours ago, gustywinds said:

Hakaryu can be  anything else but not meh ..you are doing lots of things wrong I assume .

check this will help :

Players
3,430 posts
14,187 battles
17 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

There are for instance very few ships that counter the large imbalance of say, Kremlin. Haku does it easily. That is just one way it shows it’s strengths. 

[-WHO-]
Beta Tester
241 posts
19,249 battles
18 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

@NoobySkooby

Hakaryus strenght is in her bombers ..plus  those 2 torps in 6 runs does more damage then any other and they are stealth and yet plus they do go staright not V if you aim properly,better learn to play that thing properly m8 before telling people about the ship.

you having all T10 CVs is something and knowing how to use them is something complately diffrent ....

I mean seriously you have 2 games in hakaryu and you are giving wrong information about the ship calling it crap .

Dont misinformation ...

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles
4 hours ago, DanottiTR said:

check this will help

That’s a pretty old video and doesn’t take into account the latest AA levels. 

But, as I said, I don’t have any modules equipped yet and still need to grind them and also don’t have upgraded planes. Looking for best ones to do first.

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,174 battles

Haka upgrades should be dbs tbs rockests

Target the lonely bbs with the 2 torp bbs

The dbs wreck all bbs and most cruisers 

The rockets too rng against dds for me but 10k hits against cruisers is possible and they do well at start of the game

Ps a lonesome dd can be wiped with the AP bombs if you drop em well but they are hard to hit well

• Cool 1

[_DMP_]
Players
651 posts
Vor 6 Stunden, beercrazy sagte:

Haka upgrades should be dbs tbs rockests

Target the lonely bbs with the 2 torp bbs

The dbs wreck all bbs and most cruisers 

The rockets too rng against dds for me but 10k hits against cruisers is possible and they do well at start of the game

Ps a lonesome dd can be wiped with the AP bombs if you drop em well but they are hard to hit well

For the mods take the typical cv stuff extent the attack time of rockets(helpful vs dd's)  take concealment over flight control then you increase speed on your planes and make your dive bomber healthier as those are your best weapon. If you are better with torp bombers take those to make them healthier. 

[2CMF]
Players
128 posts
9,794 battles
On 8/16/2019 at 11:25 PM, NoobySkooby said:

And why would you judge Midway for its torps? Who told you Midway is a torpedo ship? Midway is the best rocket ship and has second best DBs, Midway's torpedos are what you use when your squadrons are reflling or are chasing stuff in the smoke.

WG "balances" ships around traits and perks, thus so each CV tree is best/average/bad with a different system:

USN: best rockets, good DBs, bad torps

RN: best torps, good DBs, bad rockets

IJN: best DBs, good torps, bad rockets

Don't bother with torps on Midway. Unleash Tiny Tim fury on your targets and enjoy the show.

(One of the funniest times I had with a Cv was with Lexington. A Farragut was messing with our cap and upon spotting it I called on chat "Target Farragut!". I tried my luck with my last flight of rockets... align... aim... shoot... Farragut vaporizes after taking every HVAR in the salvo. "WTF dude!!!??" in chat and all team LOLing: "Farragut? what Farragut cv?")

• Cool 1

Players
3,370 posts
23 hours ago, Torped1ne said:

Upgrade dive bombers 1st then rocketers then tb build capita and modules around +speed + concelment don't listen who say crap that's a damn good cv

I think more empathise should be on the torps, great stand off weapon, one salvo should sink a BB, In all torps across the board, and in all CV's should be hugely buffed.

Players
3,370 posts
20 hours ago, DanottiTR said:

@NoobySkooby

Hakaryus strenght is in her bombers ..plus  those 2 torps in 6 runs does more damage then any other and they are stealth and yet plus they do go staright not V if you aim properly,better learn to play that thing properly m8 before telling people about the ship.

you having all T10 CVs is something and knowing how to use them is something complately diffrent ....

I mean seriously you have 2 games in hakaryu and you are giving wrong information about the ship calling it crap .

Dont misinformation ...

I shall duly go and have many many games in co op right now,sir, I'm sure I have had a few more than two but whatever you say.

Players
7,157 posts
245 battles
On 8/16/2019 at 10:25 PM, NoobySkooby said:

your torping waaayy too close for those torps to be effective (from what you've described). if you can't line up torps in the second strike or even the first its generally better to go for the next target.

for some reason people seem to torp to closely, you only to torp a few meters further back for most. if you take torp accel on haku then you can torp even further back. I usually start runs around 4.8km-5.4km with TB's.

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,146 battles
On 8/17/2019 at 12:25 AM, NoobySkooby said:

Crappy? Haku is pretty good cv well used. Audacious is hilarious. Midway is ok, the torps are frustrating though....