You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sunleader

Think they will Remove Friendly Fire ?

101 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,577 posts
10,768 battles

Since in WoT it was removed and Nobody seems to miss it.

I wonder if they will remove it here as well.

During the Savage Battle is was actually Disabled.

And we all know WG like to do Testing like this. :)

• Cool 5

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,386 posts
6,780 battles

Until they removed it from WoT I'd have said to not count on it.

Now I am no longer so sure.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,305 posts
22,278 battles

Possibly with the introduction of the convoy gamemode.

It'd be kinda bad if some griefer could just tk their own convoy.

Then again they could probably just ram convoy ships towards the enemy team to work around that.

• Cool 1

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles

I don't see any good reason in favor of keeping the friendly fire.

I don't really care, but removing it will only have good sides.

• Cool 5

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles

Yeah most likely its not like you can tk pinkies and not get punished for it.

makes me wonder if i should bother firing up world of tanks again.

Players
5 posts
4,396 battles

I am a Noob, but I believe they should keep it. It is teaching me to really be more "map" aware because of implications of bad torp spreads. 

• Cool 17
  • Bad 1

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
775 posts
14,631 battles
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

makes me wonder if i should bother firing up world of tanks again

I have no idea how long you have been not playing tanks, but do not start them.

My advice is to do christmas tree (if available this year too) for the crew.

• Cool 1

Players
535 posts
13,196 battles

Good grief, talk about dumbing down. Just no, it's not needed or called for, yet again pandering to the whim of the odd few that moan about it, the rest of us just get on with it and learn not to do it.  Ooooh it makes me really mad 

tumblr_nlttpoOXhr1qzy9bdo1_500.jpg.f3a718f7d6007919f5434503d90f5477.jpg

• Cool 10

[NWP]
Players
1,627 posts
13,626 battles
1 minute ago, SirBlemmingtonSmythe said:

dumbing down

the game of the thoughtless man

• Cool 1

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles

WoT removed friendly fire, so arty can shoot anywhere now with impunity? Sounds bad.

As for this game: Please don't, I want people to think before launching their torps.

• Cool 3

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,305 posts
22,278 battles
10 minutes ago, genosse said:

I want people to think

Well, there's the problem. Your expectations are clearly too high. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 14

[NWP]
Beta Tester
2,168 posts
20,180 battles

Too many specuuuuuul snowflakes out there that launch 4, 6 or 8 kilometer torpedoes at 12+ km. Not counting those that launch torps into a brawl, which can be a high-risk, high-pink move...

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
5,145 posts
21,117 battles

I would hope they leave it in, I think the current TK system works quite nicely and there's no need to change it. 

• Cool 5

[THESO]
4,577 posts
10,768 battles

I dont care either way if they Remove it to be Honest.

I can Life with Both.

I do think the Meta will Change a bit if it gets Removed. As especially long range Torpedo Spam will certainly increase.

But I disagree that curretn TK Punishment System works well.

Currently what I often see is that People Literally go out of their way to Catch Torps Fired by Friendlies.

In mayn Cases even if these were Launched in an Attempt to Support.

I had a BB whcih was going Bow in on an Enemy BB.

Turn Full Broadside to that Enemy BB just to catch my Torpedoes that I launched from behind to kill the Enemy BB.

Needless to say he got Citadelled and then went in Chat throwing Insults at me......

So no. Current TK System seems to be more Encouraging of trying to make others TK you....

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[DD537]
Players
1,403 posts
18,767 battles
2 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

I dont care either way if they Remove it to be Honest.

I can Life with Both.

I do think the Meta will Change a bit if it gets Removed. As especially long range Torpedo Spam will certainly increase.

But I disagree that curretn TK Punishment System works well.

Currently what I often see is that People Literally go out of their way to Catch Torps Fired by Friendlies.

In mayn Cases even if these were Launched in an Attempt to Support.

I had a BB whcih was going Bow in on an Enemy BB.

Turn Full Broadside to that Enemy BB just to catch my Torpedoes that I launched from behind to kill the Enemy BB.

Needless to say he got Citadelled and then went in Chat throwing Insults at me......

So no. Current TK System seems to be more Encouraging of trying to make others TK you....

Did you assume for a second that that BB preferred to avoid ramming by risking citadel without even noticing your torps because he thought he would have enough HP to live. Something that your careless fired torps changed. 

Belive it or not, there are no sane person that will run on friendly torp on purpose.

... Well, there might be some cases in which someone would troll a division mate. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
4,577 posts
10,768 battles
3 minutes ago, Episparh said:

Did you assume for a second that that BB preferred to avoid ramming by risking citadel without even noticing your torps because he thought he would have enough HP to live. Something that your careless fired torps changed. 

Belive it or not, there are no sane person that will run on friendly torp on purpose.

... Well, there might be some cases in which someone would troll a division mate. :Smile_hiding:

HAHAHAHA

No Mate.

No Offense. But he would not have Rammed that Guy if he had Stayed on Course.

Logic actually Should tell you net. Cause the Enemy was Driving Angled to him.

Otherwise my Guy would not have needed to turn to get my Torps and Show Broadside to the Enemy BB.

Needless to say. He could have turned the other way so he at least stays Angled....

And Mate.

No offense.

But I had People Follow my Air Dropped Torps with their DD and Drive into them FROM BEHIND.

I had a DD which Torped which was somewhat in front of me and going into the other Direction. And which then. After he saw me Throwing Torpedoes. Did a 180 Degree Turn to Drive Straight Broadside into my Torpedoes.

• Bad 1

[DD537]
Players
1,403 posts
18,767 battles
2 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

HAHAHAHA

No Mate.

No Offense. But he would not have Rammed that Guy if he had Stayed on Course.

Logic actually Should tell you net. Cause the Enemy was Driving Angled to him.

Otherwise my Guy would not have needed to turn to get my Torps and Show Broadside to the Enemy BB.

Needless to say. He could have turned the other way so he at least stays Angled....

And Mate.

No offense.

But I had People Follow my Air Dropped Torps with their DD and Drive into them FROM BEHIND.

I had a DD which Torped which was somewhat in front of me and going into the other Direction. And which then. After he saw me Throwing Torpedoes. Did a 180 Degree Turn to Drive Straight Broadside into my Torpedoes.

Then learn to not launch torp in range of your team... I never saw such behavior and it is clear that I have far more battles than you... What you try to convince me is incomprehensive. 

• Cool 4

[THESO]
4,577 posts
10,768 battles
2 minutes ago, Episparh said:

Then learn to not launch torp in range of your team... I never saw such behavior and it is clear that I have far more battles than you... What you try to convince me is incomprehensive. 

Yes.

Way waaay more Battles.

But not exactly the Stats to tell me to Pay Attention to Teammates really.

So Maybe instead others learn to not be a **** and not Drive into Friendly Torps on Purpose :)

But you have Convinced me.

I think they Should Remove Friendly Fire.

And if its just to Annoy People like you and stop people like you from just constantly telling whoever that its their own fault without even listening to their case properly :)

• Bad 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,478 posts
21,737 battles
1 hour ago, genosse said:

WoT removed friendly fire, so arty can shoot anywhere now with impunity? Sounds bad.

Arty can still stun and will get punished for it if done repeatedly.

On topic:

It has some benefits if removed. (They did remove TD from secondaries and fires or flooding can't start from TD either.)

It's the ship that gets hit that takes the biggest "punishment" from it. (losing HP and so on.)

If I fire a salvo of torps and 3/4 goes into a friendly. That means I've just wasted good torps for nothing and I now have to wait a full reload with nothing to show for it. It's better for me to shoot at the enemy than my own team, right? If I run into a team-mate the biggest loss from that is losing speed and being a sitting duck, not that I lost 25 HP over it.

If I choose to shoot up my team-mate then why should they be punished for it? I will waste ammo , give away my posision and perhaps lose the game. Why sould the other guy lose his HP on top of that? He did no wrong.

Me turning pink for it is OK, but the other guy shouldn't suffer for it. It should be "How many times did he hit team-mates?" rather than "How much damage did he do?". I hit a friendly with one 105 mm shell for 300 so he died once and I got pink for that. I've would have gotten the same punishment for putting a full torpsalvo into him. It's the intent that should be punished, not the outcome.

As someone said, I'm fine with both systems but I feel that nothing would be lost to the game if TD was removed.

[DD537]
Players
1,403 posts
18,767 battles
7 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Yes.

Way waaay more Battles.

So Maybe instead others learn to not be a **** and not Drive into Friendly Torps on Purpose :)

And if its just to Annoy People like you and stop people like you from just constantly telling whoever that its their own fault without even listening to their case properly :)

43162794_giphy(1).gif.cc7bd7c9cd0f5183fa3aa5aa7ce19e82.gif

• Cool 2

Players
4,046 posts
12 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Yes.

Way waaay more Battles.

Rarely did I see a more selfish player trying to justify their ignorance.

• Cool 6

[VH]
[VH]
Players
191 posts
19,391 battles

the xbox version of wows has the friendly fire turned off and all it does is promote laziness on the part of torpers

• Cool 3

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I have no idea how long you have been not playing tanks, but do not start them.

My advice is to do christmas tree (if available this year too) for the crew.

Probs a year now last game was in june or july. But its shame the game has gotten that bad.

yeah might as well do the christmas thingy havent even collected that veterns award yet.