You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Shungite_Wizard

Camo on the california looks wrong, pls fix

29 comments in this topic

Players
1,318 posts
7,571 battles

Yes. ^ There are plenty of ships where I'm disappointed no historical camo is available, only fictional, but California is not among them. Unless they're going to change it before release like they did with Massachusetts (and a few others) of course.

[JRM]
Players
8,966 posts

Tell me again why we should care about 20kt 14" armed slug on T7? I mean the KGV/DoY are widely considered pretty crappy with that caliber at that tier but at least they are faster

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
7,861 battles
41 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Tell me again why we should care about 20kt 14" armed slug on T7? I mean the KGV/DoY are widely considered pretty crappy with that caliber at that tier but at least they are faster

Guess it’s an American thing? Haven’t checked NA forums for awhile, but they were also hysterical about another usn bb that was downtiered lulz.

They do like arriving late to the party though.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,936 posts
18,027 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Wait till they announce the next ranked/CW season at tier VII and then you'll grasp why a new premium Tier VII is coming...

Players
10,893 posts
12,599 battles
5 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Wait till they announce the next ranked/CW season at tier VII and then you'll grasp why a new premium Tier VII is coming...

Still, for small caliber battleboat you're better off with Lyon or KGV class. Or even Scharnhorst simply by virtue of not being late to the battle.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,936 posts
18,027 battles
3 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Still, for small caliber battleboat you're better off with Lyon or KGV class. Or even Scharnhorst simply by virtue of not being late to the battle.

Do we allready know the statistics of the boat? If not, hold my beer :) 

• Cool 1

Players
10,893 posts
12,599 battles
1 minute ago, 159Hunter said:

Do we allready know the statistics of the boat? If not, hold my beer :) 

12 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

American battleship California, tier VII

California takes the role of an American battleship with a large number of low-caliber guns. Due to the citadel under the waterline and large torpedo bulges, the ships boasts good survivability. The ship is similar to New Mexico and inherits the drawback of American low-tier battleships - low speed. 

WG_SPB_WoWs_california.jpg

Hit points – 58300. Plating - 25 mm.

Main battery - 4x3 356 mm. Firing range - 17.0 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 5000. Chance to cause fire – 30%. HE initial velocity - 861 m/s. Maximum AP shell damage - 10500. AP initial velocity - 823 m/s. Reload time - 30.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 60.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 230 м. Sigma – 1.70.

Secondary Armament: 8x2 127.0 mm, range - 5.0 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 1800. Chance to cause fire – 5%. HE initial velocity - 792 m/s

AA defense: 41x2 20.0 mm, 8x2 127.0 mm, 14x4 40.0 mm.

Maximum speed - 20.5 kt. Turning circle radius - 640 m. Rudder shift time – 14.7 s.

Surface detectability – 13.5 km. Air detectability – 9.7 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 11.7 km.

Available consumables:
1 slot - Damage Control Party.
2 slot - Repair Party.
3 slot - Spotting Aircraft.

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers. The stats are subject to change during testing.

You will need a LOT of plot armor to make basically uptiered New Mexico viable.

Players
1,955 posts
11,149 battles

Also 17k range at tier 7 lol, so its slow to the party and even slower to get within range where you can actually do anything lol no thanks.

• Cool 2

[SINT]
Players
1,318 posts
25,560 battles

The Tensessee class was only a slight upgrade compared with the New Mex when initialy build (fire range upgrade most importantly). The rebuild gave here greater AA and better rader (accuracy)

If these are the stats that are primarely used to make her viable (let alone fun) to play at tier VII we need more then just a range of 17KM, 3 sec reload buff (why New Mex has 33 and Arizona 35 is idiotic anyway) and a sigma of 1.7. And the loss of 0,5 knot makes the speed even more a fail.     

Weekend Tester
898 posts

I think its just WG pumping the NA market for cash. Look at the plethora of USN premiums that exist or are in the pipeline.

WG can probably just carry on with cut-and-paste of USN ships and make $$$ without having to dream up new gimmicks to differentiate them.

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
690 posts
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Also 17k range at tier 7 lol, so its slow to the party and even slower to get within range where you can actually do anything lol no thanks.

You can still give it the Artillery Plotting Room 1, I would assume. But still, 20,5 knots.... ehhhhhh. 

[JRM]
Players
8,966 posts
2 hours ago, 159Hunter said:

And again why the hell yould you chose a ship with guns that DONT overmatch other bbs when you can take one that does? And if you want the "shotgun" effect lyon still has 4 barrels more

• Cool 2

Players
6,338 posts
13,102 battles
9 hours ago, Jellicoe1916 said:

It isn't wrong, it was asymmetrical, meaning the starboard side was different to the port side

VH-USS+California-21.jpg

This was the very first thing that popped up in my mind when I read the OP.

And yes, there's probably gonna be relatively more interest on NA for this ship, even though I don't see it having many redeeming factors except being a tier 7 premium USN BB.

Btw the speed is of lesser relevance when playing this ship in Narai and there's some folks for whom the glacially slow speed will not be much of an issue anyway.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,793 posts

Looks like a Trolorado with New Mexico guns.

Given I still have nightmares from the initial Trolorado grind, nope not buying this turd :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

Players
10,893 posts
12,599 battles
40 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

And again why the hell yould you chose a ship with guns that DONT overmatch other bbs when you can take one that does? And if you want the "shotgun" effect lyon still has 4 barrels more

KGV class at least have lol HE and faster reload/American Piercing+Hydro, depending on the ship. Cali... will need plenty of buffs and unless WG will overinflate speed it will remain an unfun boat.

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
1,318 posts
25,560 battles
14 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Am I wrong in thinking the Scharnhorst, and Gneisenau will piddle all over this, or even the Nagato or Nelson, either way, one premium to avoid I think.

Would buy for fxp, 375 k like Nelson. Real money? Already fell for Arizona and have new mex with perm Camo so looooow chance

• Cool 2

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

KGV class at least have lol HE and faster reload/American Piercing+Hydro, depending on the ship. Cali... will need plenty of buffs and unless WG will overinflate speed it will remain an unfun boat.

give it sped boostings, better secondaries and range and maybe a hp buff too.

30 secs is a bit harsh maybe 28secs instead with 50sec turret traverse? Especially 356's it will need all the help she can get.

prefer if she was at tier 6 too be honest.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
8,966 posts

Unless they give it a T8 slot or some crazy consumable i see no redeeming feature possible

[DREAD]
Players
690 posts
37 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Unless they give it a T8 slot or some crazy consumable i see no redeeming feature possible

Looks like  Arizona  with AA... Maybe secondary. But then again. Why California instead of either of the Scharnhorst class? They got less guns, but have torpedos and are 10 knots faster. A secondary ship where everyone can just stay away... Sounds shitty.

And for AA... well Sinop is a thing...

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,450 battles
7 hours ago, Panocek said:

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers. The stats are subject to change during testing.

People need to keep this in mind! It won't do much for speed, but it will certainly extend range by another 10% so 18.7 km.

Which is certainly a workable range...

And else: it is a colorado with 14" guns. Perfect premium... slightly different, but not OP or a bag'o'gimmicks.

Players
2,780 posts
17,292 battles
42 minutes ago, Namuras said:

Perfect premium... slightly different, but not OP or a bag'o'gimmicks.

They chucked California at tier 7 just to fill the empty premium US BB slot, nothing more.

The guy that makes stuff up researches design proposals for those slots was off sick that week. Otherwise we'd have one of the sensible crazy 14" NC designs at tier 7.

[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,273 battles
9 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Guess it’s an American thing? Haven’t checked NA forums for awhile, but they were also hysterical about another usn bb that was downtiered lulz.

They do like arriving late to the party though.

Yep even NoZoup is like that.