You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GunnyL

Will WG follow MS & Sony demand on Premium loot boxes transparency?

3 comments in this topic

[TB-PF]
Beta Tester
77 posts
2,943 battles

I do sometimes buy premium loot boxes for wows, last time was for the rouge event, and in these boxes, the primary loot I was after was the extra fuel to get to the Benham destroyer. It was very transparent as each box contained 15 fuel tokens plus some random stuff.

I'm less happy about the current french boxes as I don't know how big a chance there is in getting a mission for a destroyer, WG just say it's significantly bigger than a normal box, but that not a % I can use, maybe the normal box is 2% and a premium is 10% ?!? This would be significantly more, but not enough for me to buy any. A clanmate did buy 7 premium boxes and did not get any missions. Personally, I think this is too much of a gamble.

Sony & Microsoft are from 2020 demanding that all new and updates to current games must disclose the % chance of winning content for paid boxes Link to Techradar site with detailed info 

My Question is will WG go forward with a good example and implement this early?  

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,746 posts
24,941 battles
1 minute ago, GunnyL said:

My Question is will WG go forward with a good example and implement this early 

No. What WG will do is stall and delay as long as possible. As they are registered in cyprus and pretty big there, they might even look into paying for a law that protects them from disclosing any numbers.

WG will only become more transparent in its dealings when seriously threatened by law.

• Cool 3

Players
4,046 posts
20 minutes ago, GunnyL said:

My Question is will WG go forward with a good example and implement this early?  

Early?

Nope.

They will implement it for the console version the moment it becomes a necessity. There is big chance that they will try to use a loophole in the agreement to not implement it: The game is already published on the consoles and updates would not introduce lootboxes or similar mechanisms to the game as they are already in there. It remains to be seen if that argument holds any water or if new type of lootboxes are already enough to trigger the clause.

The PC version will not get that info. As the two versions do not run the same events, it will have no effect for any non-console player. They will insist on keeping those numbers a secret.