Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Alfa_Tau

Leand & Lease for Clan mates: helping new players mambers

44 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-YR-]
Players
823 posts

@MrConway @Sub_Octavian 

Hello Everyone

I would like to propose an improvement to Clan that can be helpful especially for those players that do not have premium account or do not have much time to play the game.

Recently I found out that some members of my clan have difficulties in partecipating in Clan Battles as they have none or only one Tier VIII ship. 

When I asked the answer was : "I don't have enough credits to buy the next ship on the line and I am grinding to accumulate enough silver". 

They are relatively new players with few thousands battles. So because I guess many may be in this situation that can ultimately be frustrating, my idea is the following:

Allow clan members to Lease silver to the Clan: this should go into a treasury managed by the clan commander or by a delegate (clan tresurer ?) who can lend the silver to each clan member to allow them to progress along the tech tree.

The member who gets the money will repay the debt automatically: everytime he plays a battle a certain percentage of the income (for example 1%)  will go back to treasury until the debt is repaid. Eventually the clan can decide to apply interest on the loan (a very small one like 0,5%) in order to compensate the member who is giving the money.

I believe it would be a nice system where long time players can effectively help new members. 

Hope the idea sounds attractive to many.

:Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
335 posts
42,240 battles

There is a reason why grinding (and earning credits, xp, free xp etc) takes time and effort; to make the player learn the game in a not that fast pace because the game changes a bit with each tier. So, no. Your proposal would make players end up at levels they may not feel comfortable yet and frustrate others.

 

Also no because ultimately this will lead to players making claims at players with a lot of credits 'you have the credits, why not help me'. and this not once but potentially continuously. 

 

And I doubt it will ever happen because it will hurt the business model of WG; wanna go faster, buy premium time or credits in the shop

 

 

  • Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
142 posts
4 minutes ago, Durin_VI said:

There is a reason why grinding (and earning credits, xp, free xp etc) takes time and effort; to make the player learn the game in a not that fast pace because the game changes a bit with each tier. So, no. Your proposal would make players end up at levels they may not feel comfortable yet and frustrate others.  pay for premium time, camos, signals etc......

 

FTFY.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-YR-]
Players
823 posts
18 minutes ago, Durin_VI said:

There is a reason why grinding (and earning credits, xp, free xp etc) takes time and effort; to make the player learn the game in a not that fast pace because the game changes a bit with each tier. So, no. Your proposal would make players end up at levels they may not feel comfortable yet and frustrate others.

 

Also no because ultimately this will lead to players making claims at players with a lot of credits 'you have the credits, why not help me'. and this not once but potentially continuously. 

 

And I doubt it will ever happen because it will hurt the business model of WG; wanna go faster, buy premium time or credits in the shop

 

 

Sorry but you make a mistake 

Grinding a line requires XP. This has nothing to do with the silver. Perhaps a player as already accumulated enough XP to unlock the next ship on the tech tree but is short 1 million to buy it. 

Anyway WG could put a limit to the money each single player would be able to lend and to borrow from the Clan Treasury, assuming this is endangering the business model wich I do not believe. 

Some player simply will never buy premium time because they cannot afford it. Still they can be very good player so why not helping them a little. 

:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
335 posts
42,240 battles
1 minute ago, Alfa_Tau said:

Some player simply will never buy premium time

that player will likely also not generate the income to 1. pay back the load (and then I am not even talking about paying any interest) also because the economy of that tier is worse than the ones lower and 2. to buy the next, more expensive, ship without a loan and so on and so on. 

 

Like in real life, there is a risk involved with loans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-YR-]
Players
823 posts
23 minutes ago, Durin_VI said:

that player will likely also not generate the income to 1. pay back the load (and then I am not even talking about paying any interest) also because the economy of that tier is worse than the ones lower and 2. to buy the next, more expensive, ship without a loan and so on and so on. 

 

Like in real life, there is a risk involved with loans

OK I got it you dont like the idea.

But I still believe it would be good. 

OFC limits can be giving on both sides : for example a Leaser can give max. 1 million and a borrower can also take max 1 million. 

You can limit the number of time a player can obtain this help : for example 1 time every six months and so on.. 

Don't have to be an extreme thing but hust a little help towards those who don't have premium time .

:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-YR-]
Players
823 posts
29 minutes ago, Salentine said:

not going to happen, it creates all sorts of problems with clans selling spots/paying people to join, WG have always been against this

Selling spots?? paying people to join?? 

This has nothing to do with my idea paesà. 

:Smile-_tongue:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,139 battles
1 minute ago, Alfa_Tau said:

Selling spots?? paying people to join?? 

This has nothing to do with my idea paesà. 

:Smile-_tongue:

yes it does. Your idea (which has been brought up a few dozen times in the past in various forms) opens the door to all kinds of unsavoury practices. You may not intend it that way, but rest assured - human nature is going to remain what it is. No thank you...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,981 posts
21,496 battles

Interesting idea but not really something I can imagine WG doing, it would open the doors for people to try and sell resources rather than earn them.

 

Anyway WG do provide us with a lot of ways to boost our credit income through flags although I admit there are not many camouflages that help boost credits ( I admit I would like it if I could buy camo packs that boost credit income). 

 

Not to mention premium ships and time which are naturally things WG want to sell us so they can afford to pay the server hamsters and staff, after all if they don't get any money then the game cannot continue. 

 

Best way to help your clan mates is to division up with the weaker ones and help them grind out a line or play some ships they are good in at middle tiers to turn a nice profit. That's what we do in our clan anyway. 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,650 posts
1 hour ago, Alfa_Tau said:

@MrConway @Sub_Octavian 

Hello Everyone

I would like to propose an improvement to Clan that can be helpful especially for those players that do not have premium account or do not have much time to play the game.

Recently I found out that some members of my clan have difficulties in partecipating in Clan Battles as they have none or only one Tier VIII ship. 

When I asked the answer was : "I don't have enough credits to buy the next ship on the line and I am grinding to accumulate enough silver". 

They are relatively new players with few thousands battles. So because I guess many may be in this situation that can ultimately be frustrating, my idea is the following:

Allow clan members to Lease silver to the Clan: this should go into a treasury managed by the clan commander or by a delegate (clan tresurer ?) who can lend the silver to each clan member to allow them to progress along the tech tree.

The member who gets the money will repay the debt automatically: everytime he plays a battle a certain percentage of the income (for example 1%)  will go back to treasury until the debt is repaid. Eventually the clan can decide to apply interest on the loan (a very small one like 0,5%) in order to compensate the member who is giving the money.

I believe it would be a nice system where long time players can effectively help new members. 

Hope the idea sounds attractive to many.

:Smile_honoring:

I once posted the same sort of idea in the WoT's forum ages ago and got roundly flamed for it.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,109 battles
1 hour ago, Alfa_Tau said:

@MrConway @Sub_Octavian 

Hello Everyone

I would like to propose an improvement to Clan that can be helpful especially for those players that do not have premium account or do not have much time to play the game.

Recently I found out that some members of my clan have difficulties in partecipating in Clan Battles as they have none or only one Tier VIII ship. 

When I asked the answer was : "I don't have enough credits to buy the next ship on the line and I am grinding to accumulate enough silver". 

They are relatively new players with few thousands battles. So because I guess many may be in this situation that can ultimately be frustrating, my idea is the following:

Allow clan members to Lease silver to the Clan: this should go into a treasury managed by the clan commander or by a delegate (clan tresurer ?) who can lend the silver to each clan member to allow them to progress along the tech tree.

The member who gets the money will repay the debt automatically: everytime he plays a battle a certain percentage of the income (for example 1%)  will go back to treasury until the debt is repaid. Eventually the clan can decide to apply interest on the loan (a very small one like 0,5%) in order to compensate the member who is giving the money.

I believe it would be a nice system where long time players can effectively help new members. 

Hope the idea sounds attractive to many.

:Smile_honoring:

Its a while since I have been in a clan, and I can not check, so forgive me if I have this wrong, However does the clan treasury not let you give silver coins to a player in your clan?

 

Also you can make a gift to a player via the Official War gaming site.

 

~~   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-YR-]
Players
823 posts
19 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

 it would open the doors for people to try and sell resources rather than earn them.

Thanks for your feedback. Honestly I did not understand your point. 

I think I have explained my idea rather simply and I imagine it limited only to silver not to other resources. 

As I already replied to another person, of course WG could / should pose limits: for example to the amount each clan member can put in the Treasury, as well as to those who wants to borrow the money.

I am a long time player, I have premium acccount and many premium ships. But not everyone has the same opportunity. Or even the same time to play. 

Here I am talking about making free to play experience a little bit easier. That's all. 

I will keep having premium time, as long as I enjoy the game. And like me many Others I imagine.

:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,261 posts
14,831 battles
2 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

But not everyone has the same opportunity. Or even the same time to play. 

That's a point, but I disagree that everything should be made available for everyone with low effort which. It's the first (and maybe last) T8-Season and if people cannot afford to buy the ships they cannot even pay for it's battle (maintenance etc). I'm no fan of the T10-rentals either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-YR-]
Players
823 posts

 

4 minutes ago, CaptStevSmith said:

Also you can make a gift to a player via the Official War gaming site.

Yes but you pay money for it

Here I am talking about helping a clan member without paying money. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,305 posts
22,278 battles

1. Clearly we need even faster progression so even more high tier matches are sabotaged. /s

 

2. This goes against WG's monetization model and as such will never happen.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-YR-]
Players
823 posts
19 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

1. Clearly we need even faster progression so even more high tier matches are sabotaged. /s

 

2. This goes against WG's monetization model and as such will never happen.

Hello El2aZeR

perhaps you maybe right about point 2. But I wish to take the chance to remind you and all Others, the time when in WOWS the only opportunity to get flags was to achieve in game or BUY in shop with credit card.

Today WoWs offers flags for silver or coal. So a big step forward. We talk often about WG allegedly grediness. Sometime they are by nature being a private company sometime they don't. 

About point 1: progression is made with XP that can be only obtained fighting many battles. Once you have reached the amount needed to unlock all modules and the next ship, a player should have proven that he master the ship (at different level ofc not everyone is a unicum).

That said , I don't see the reason to not receive a little help from other clan members.. 

To be part of a clan already provide more coal and more XP. So why not giving the chance to a clan to help other members with silver? 

This would be a will fo the clan. if your clan do not want to , let it be. 

:Smile_honoring:

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,305 posts
22,278 battles
22 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

Today WoWs offers flags for silver or coal. So a big step forward.

 

This has little to no impact on their economy because extremely few players actually bought flags using real money.

 

23 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

progression is made with XP that can be only obtained fighting many battles.

 

"Many" being like 20-40 battles for a high tier ship. Economic benefits are already being given out on too high of a basis. We need the economy to be harsher, not more accessible.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,184 posts
15,697 battles
6 hours ago, CaptStevSmith said:

Its a while since I have been in a clan, and I can not check, so forgive me if I have this wrong, However does the clan treasury not let you give silver coins to a player in your clan?

nope, the clan treasury can give out steel, coal and dubloons, but only those won in competitions, not paid for with real cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
775 posts
14,631 battles

@Alfa_Tau I like your thinking, so pure, so innocent. Meeting real world will be a harsh experience.

You may believe me that I would like such possiblity as you say to exist so I could grief and troll people with no consequences.

There is so many ways to abuse this system of yours that it is not even funny.

 

Progress is hampered by two things, XP and silver. If you have managed to get XP to unlock next ship but you do not have silver, makes me wonder how your battles went? Up to and including tier 7 you earn money always so unlocking tier 8 should not be a problem, or I am wrong here?

 

As others said you can gift doubloons or credits via shop, if you do not want to spend money on friends maybe they are not that big friends after all?

 

Disclaimer: Do not treat all above deadly serious but you should get the point.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-YR-]
Players
823 posts
8 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Progress is hampered by two things, XP and silver. If you have managed to get XP to unlock next ship but you do not have silver, makes me wonder how your battles went? Up to and including tier 7 you earn money always so unlocking tier 8 should not be a problem, or I am wrong here?

@Sir_Grzegorz to be honest is hard for me to answer that question, because I have premium account since very long time. Therefore I actually have no problem with the economy. What I know is consumables are expensive and I hope WG will do what they promised to do: to eliminate the difference between basic and premium consumables. 

on top of this I own a lot of premium ships so I don't really have problem with silver. On the other hand there a couple of players in my clan that are relatively new in the game, so my point was "how can we help them a little?". 

But thanks for your opinion, even if I really don't grasp how this simple and limited system could be abused. 

:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-YR-]
Players
823 posts
17 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

I once posted the same sort of idea in the WoT's forum ages ago and got roundly flamed for it

My hope is that on this Forum the average level of partecipants is .. better than on WoT. Wich is probably not a big challenge. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,273 battles
18 hours ago, Alfa_Tau said:

Sorry but you make a mistake 

Grinding a line requires XP. This has nothing to do with the silver. Perhaps a player as already accumulated enough XP to unlock the next ship on the tech tree but is short 1 million to buy it. 

Anyway WG could put a limit to the money each single player would be able to lend and to borrow from the Clan Treasury, assuming this is endangering the business model wich I do not believe. 

Some player simply will never buy premium time because they cannot afford it. Still they can be very good player so why not helping them a little. 

:Smile_honoring:

Yes, especially short in credits to get the modules. And yes, it should be limited, 3 times lends per patch. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,273 battles
15 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Many" being like 20-40 battles for a high tier ship. Economic benefits are already being given out on too high of a basis. We need the economy to be harsher, not more accessible.

We're talking here about new players that are grinding 4-5 lines at once. They are always short in credits, having no premium account or T9 free exp/coal ships. And it should be limited aid ofc. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-YR-]
Players
823 posts
2 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

We're talking here about new players that are grinding 4-5 lines at once. They are always short in credits, having no premium account or T9 free exp/coal ships

Hello MacArthur92

Thanks for your feedback. This is exactly the situation of many new players. My proposal is aimed to make the playing experience more "soft" for those who have no premium and/or not much time to play.

I see two more positive side effect: First this will make joining a clan more appealing and will help to keep a wide / bigger base of non paying players. 

:Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×