Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - California & Marceau

60 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,290 posts
4,378 battles

American battleship California, tier VII

California takes the role of an American battleship with a large number of low-caliber guns. Due to the citadel under the waterline and large torpedo bulges, the ships boasts good survivability. The ship is similar to New Mexico and inherits the drawback of American low-tier battleships - low speed. 

WG_SPB_WoWs_california.jpg

Hit points – 58300. Plating - 25 mm.

Main battery - 4x3 356 mm. Firing range - 17.0 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 5000. Chance to cause fire – 30%. HE initial velocity - 861 m/s. Maximum AP shell damage - 10500. AP initial velocity - 823 m/s. Reload time - 30.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 60.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 230 м. Sigma – 1.70.

Secondary Armament: 8x2 127.0 mm, range - 5.0 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 1800. Chance to cause fire – 5%. HE initial velocity - 792 m/s

AA defense: 41x2 20.0 mm, 8x2 127.0 mm, 14x4 40.0 mm.

Maximum speed - 20.5 kt. Turning circle radius - 640 m. Rudder shift time – 14.7 s.

Surface detectability – 13.5 km. Air detectability – 9.7 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 11.7 km.

Available consumables:
1 slot - Damage Control Party.
2 slot - Repair Party.
3 slot - Spotting Aircraft.

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers. The stats are subject to change during testing.

French destroyer Marceau, tier X

Unlike the researchable French destroyers, Marceau is armed with 127mm dual purpose guns. The destroyer has good AA and the Defensive AA Fire as a consumable instead of the Main Battery Reload Booster. Marceau's guns are the same as those of cruiser Colbert, and inherit all of their positive and negative traits: armor piercing shells may be less effective than Kleber's due to bad ballistics, but due to the faster reload, the total damage of high explosive shells may be greater. 

WG_SPB_WoWs_marceau.jpg

Hit points – 21900. Plating - 19 mm.

Main battery - 4x2 127 mm. Firing range - 11.5 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2100. Chance to cause fire – 7%. HE initial velocity - 808 m/s. Maximum AP shell damage - 2600. AP initial velocity - 808 m/s. Reload time - 3.5 s. 180 degree turn time - 6.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 117 м. Sigma – 2.00.

Torpedo tubes - 4x3 550 mm. Maximum damage - 14833. Range - 9.0 km. Speed - 60 kt. Reload time - 90 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability - 1.3 km.

AA defense: 3x4 40.0 mm, 4x2 20.0 mm, 4x2 127.0 mm, 2x2 40.0 mm.

Maximum speed - 44.0 kt. Turning circle radius - 740 m. Rudder shift time – 4.8 s.

Surface detectability – 8.9 km. Air detectability – 4.8 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 3.4 km.

Available consumables:

1 slot - Damage Control Party.
2 slot - Defensive AA fire
3 slot - Engine Boost

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers. The stats are subject to change during testing.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[DREAD]
Players
11,499 posts
7,782 battles

Do we have US Premium BBs on all tiers by now? Arkansas, Texas, Arizona, CALIFORNIA, Bama+Massa, Georgia, Ohio...

D’oh - they forgot T3!!!

• Cool 2

Players
1,075 posts
15,102 battles
7 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Do we have US Premium BBs on all tiers by now? Arkansas, Texas, Arizona, CALIFORNIA, Bama+Massa, Georgia, Ohio...

D’oh - they forgot T3!!!

We want USS Michigan! And absolutely don't give us any more Royal Navy Premium ships.

/s

• Bad 1

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters, Beta Tester
2,106 posts
15,180 battles

TENNESSEE TENNESSEE TENNESSEE TENNESSEE TENNESSEE TENNESSEE TENNESSEE TENNESSEE TENNESSEE TENNESSEE TENNESSEE TENNESSEE

hype.gif.9eef1bb7124ebdb45c64f441b39b921f.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[T-N-T]
Players
3,927 posts
19,975 battles

If I ever get the Marceau, I'll call her Sophie.

Hmm, did Italians build a Bellucci at some point? :cap_hmm: Makes me almost regret the renaming of the T10 RM cruiser Milano. Almost.

• Funny 1

[COMFY]
Players
1,617 posts
9,396 battles

I mean who asked for Marceau?

Simply noone.

There is plenty of historical ships awaiting to be introduced.

[T-N-T]
Players
3,927 posts
19,975 battles
2 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

D’oh - they forgot T3!!!

You forgot to mention the other prem T6: West Virginia.

Either way, California and Tennessee always fascinated me by their very weird hulls with extremey pointy noses and extremely fat torp bulges*. By seeing them from the air, it always confounded me how such a shape can even manage more than 10 knots of speed.

Also, are the secondaries supposed to be of the "better" variety like Massa, Georgia etc.? Unless I'm mistaken, 5km secondaries at T7 is equivalent to only german, no?

And last, that's some spicy concealment there for surprising cruisers with 12 guns.

*Should be a pretty good torp reduction.

6 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

I mean who asked for Marceau?

Simply noone.

There is plenty of historical ships awaiting to be introduced.

Would they make for good T10 premiums to put in the NTC or sell for exorbitant prices? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,273 battles
37 minutes ago, Toivia said:

Would they make for good T10 premiums to put in the NTC or sell for exorbitant prices? :Smile_trollface:

RB or coal/steel . Don't think they're going to sell it. 

[T-N-T]
Players
3,927 posts
19,975 battles
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

RB or coal/steel . Don't think they're going to sell it. 

They can always drop it to T9, make a T9 lite version or start with selling T10 ships directly. We've seen the former already and I wouldn't put the latter past them. We're talking about WG "no subs" and "no selling T8+ ships in premium store" here. :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

Players
102 posts
2,993 battles

So the California is just going to be a New Mexico up tier? With increased stats. 

Is there any news on the W.Virginia 1944? 

When do you plan to release a new British Battleship? HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Rodney are begging to be made. They will be a huge commercial ((£€$)) success so you should release them!

[T-N-T]
Players
3,927 posts
19,975 battles

Fun fact, with Marceau, there's currently 11 (11!)* announced and unreleased T9-10 Freemium/Premium/Special ships. A full 9 of them are actually T10.

Compratively, even with California, I only count 8 premiums anounced at tier 8 and lower, with a bunch basically forgotten at this point like Viribus Unitis, Indomitable and Leone.

No wonder WG is going for such idiocies as subs, they're now already in full process of milking T9-10 with lower tiers all but forgotten.

*Colbert, Friesland, Hayate, Marceau, Ohio, Paolo Emilio, Siegfried, Slava, Smolensk, Somers, Thunderer.

• Cool 3

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles

YES BOIZ WE GOT CALIFORNIA!!!

hope she gets 6km or 6.5km secondary range. @Tanatoy is it possible for her to have a gud secondary battery? I wouldnt a more fun new mex that can brawl better. Was kinda hoping for the 1939 secondaries but oh well.

im glad shes coming regardless.

[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,273 battles
9 hours ago, Munchboii said:

there any news on the W.Virginia 1944? 

I hope to see her too. If one of them (California and West Virginia 1944) will be for cash - the second one should be for free exp/coal (375k free exp like Nelson , coal maybe 120k base) 

[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,273 battles
4 hours ago, CptBarney said:

YES BOIZ WE GOT CALIFORNIA!!!

hope she gets 6km or 6.5km secondary range. @Tanatoy is it possible for her to have a gud secondary battery? I wouldnt a more fun new mex that can brawl better. Was kinda hoping for the 1939 secondaries but oh well.

im glad shes coming regardless.

Nah, she'll be a Texas of her tier. Finally some AA BB on T7. Cause on T8 we've got Alabama and Kii (you could also AA spec Massa but it's such a waste not make it secondaries) and also Vanguard pretty good AA. On T7 the Hood with Def AA was the only AA capable BB on the premium side. But now it's time for the USN to show AA power. So maybe the West Virginia 1944 with less guns bit more powerful pen - will be a secondary BB. Hope so. 

• Cool 1

Players
47 posts
11,854 battles

Sweet, I've been hoping to get California post refit at T7, here's hoping that it gets Massa style accuracy on its secondaries, and maybe a choice of fighters in the spotter plane slot.

[DD537]
Players
1,403 posts
18,767 battles

All new ships are cool. 

Cat camo... Not so much. I am as hyped for those as I am from space, Halloween, Savage camos, but whatever - if it's free and give bonuses good, if not - standard premium camo look is enough for me. 

What would be cool was to add the cat animation on the deck as Missouri's cook  was. 

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

Nah, she'll be a Texas of her tier. Finally some AA BB on T7. Cause on T8 we Alabama and Kii (you could also AA spec Massa but it's such a waste not make it secondaries) and also Vanguard pretty good AA. On T7 the Hood with Def AA was the only AA capable BB on the premium side. But now it's time for the USN to show AA power. So maybe the West Virginia 1944 with less guns bit more powerful pen - will be a secondary BB. Hope so. 

Yeah that sounds cool too be honest, at least we get her for now, i hope she becomes like a mini massa with accuracy and a bit of a range bonus on her secondaries

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,273 battles
1 minute ago, CptBarney said:

Yeah that sounds cool too be honest, at least we get her for now, i hope she becomes like a mini massa with accuracy and a bit of a range bonus on her secondaries

On T7 it could have 8.5-9km maxed out of secondary range. It would be a 21knt T7 Massachusetts. 

• Cool 1

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

On T7 it could have 8.5-9km maxed out of secondary range. It would be a 21knt T7 Massachusetts. 

If we whinge enough to wargaming maybe bump the range up to 5.5km or 6km :cap_haloween:

all though it will be nice having a tier 7 bb with usuable aa for once.

[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,273 battles
2 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

If we whinge enough to wargaming maybe bump the range up to 5.5km or 6km :cap_haloween:

all though it will be nice having a tier 7 bb with usuable aa for once.

On West Virginia 1944 yes, 6.3km base secondary range. The California let her be what she is now. 

[FAILS]
Players
881 posts
23,181 battles

Tenessee class at tier 7 was what I expected and also liked to see, so good on that.

However, another paper/fictional high tier ship??? So many historical sips possile as premiums from tier 2 to 8, but almost all we get are 9 and 10 recently.

10 hours ago, Toivia said:

Fun fact, with Marceau, there's currently 11 (11!)* announced and unreleased T9-10 Freemium/Premium/Special ships. A full 9 of them are actually T10.

Compratively, even with California, I only count 8 premiums anounced at tier 8 and lower, with a bunch basically forgotten at this point like Viribus Unitis, Indomitable and Leone.

No wonder WG is going for such idiocies as subs, they're now already in full process of milking T9-10 with lower tiers all but forgotten.

*Colbert, Friesland, Hayate, Marceau, Ohio, Paolo Emilio, Siegfried, Slava, Smolensk, Somers, Thunderer.

Seriously, WG???

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this