Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BanzaiPiluso

Z-46 vs Fletcher in Ranked.

11 comments in this topic

[88888]
Players
1,093 posts
11,798 battles

Has anybody else found Fletcher outperforms Z-46? I am checking their specs and Z-46 on paper and with a 19 points captain (vs. Fletchers's 17) looks much better, however I just can't make it work. Even with hydro and faster torpedo reload time seems to struggle.

Just curious, really wanted to make the German DD work well.

Players
3,118 posts
1 minute ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Has anybody else found Fletcher outperforms Z-46? I am checking their specs and Z-46 on paper and with a 19 points captain (vs. Fletchers's 17) looks much better, however I just can't make it work. Even with hydro and faster torpedo reload time seems to struggle.

Just curious, really wanted to make the German DD work well.

I fear z46s more than fletcher's but the french are the worst

Players
10,893 posts
12,599 battles

FYI, German "hybrid DDs" are outgunned by IJN "torpedoboats". And comparing... meh DD to gold standard is exactly that.

Beta Tester
1,111 posts
5,268 battles
2 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

I fear z46s more than fletcher's but the french are the worst

The only reason to fear the Z over a fletcher is the smoke hydro of 6km in a DD fight as the Z will spot you first, I run Jutland so i get 400m gap to play with between hydro as for guns the Jutland beats a Z and Fletcher same with fletcher vs Z

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,139 battles

error 404 context not found....

would, for one, help if you told us what led you to this conclusion:

5 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

I am checking their specs and Z-46 on paper and with a 19 points captain (vs. Fletchers's 17) looks much better

Players
3,118 posts
11 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

The only reason to fear the Z over a fletcher is the smoke hydro of 6km in a DD fight as the Z will spot you first, I run Jutland so i get 400m gap to play with between hydro as for guns the Jutland beats a Z and Fletcher same with fletcher vs Z

jutland also very difficult true

Players
1,036 posts
26,366 battles
26 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

The Z-46 has only 5km Hydro. 

• Cool 1

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,253 posts
10,822 battles

Fletcher has better gun DPM and much better HE. The Z-46 only real torpedo advantage is the reload, other than that the Fletchers much harder hitting torps are better overall.

Not to mention the smoke. So basically the Z-46 trumpcard is that hydro, meaning if you want to outperform a Fletcher you have to play around that.

• Cool 1

Players
1,036 posts
26,366 battles

Z's advanage is maybe the Healthpool and Hydro, which is also useful against Random Torps. Fletcher has hard hitting torps and better HE.  

I think this year i will try Jutland and Black. Blacks radar may be useful (not much cruisers) and Jutland: Hydro, good Guns, Heal...   

• Cool 1

[88888]
Players
1,093 posts
11,798 battles

Yeah, Healthpool, Torpedo reload and hydro . Three very tempting things, isn't it? Also I think rudder time is better on the Z.

Sign in to follow this