You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Say No to Subs

70 comments in this topic

[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,202 battles
5 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

But you are a …

sub_lieutenant.jpg.e95c1a31909b8ca3af6539c5dc26c4c4.jpg

Oh, dear lord...

I'm giving you a "look" right now. I hope you feel suitably admonished.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,800 posts
6,951 battles

"No to subs" Been saying that since the forums were first opened, never mind the game being launched.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
3,155 posts
8,096 battles
15 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

But you are a …

sub_lieutenant.jpg.e95c1a31909b8ca3af6539c5dc26c4c4.jpg

You....

I....

Well played

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7

[DD537]
Players
1,403 posts
18,767 battles

I already done this in my signature.  And I am committed to enforce that through my PayPal account. 

• Cool 4

[-AP-]
Players
3,155 posts
8,096 battles
5 minutes ago, Episparh said:

I already done this in my signature.  And I am committed to enforce that through my PayPal account. 

Good idea! We should also get signatures pictures that are like a sub with a red cross over it

Players
277 posts

Returned to game few feeks ago. Looked up game UI, key bindings and stumbled across submarine controll keys... everything was clear.... 

First post in forums lol

• Cool 3

[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,202 battles
8 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Good idea! We should also get signatures pictures that are like a sub with a red cross over it

Just for you I decided to employ my superb Paint skills.

Spoiler

1641348492_nosubs.jpg.4311d4c687ddc9eab5ffd39ef5a81f2e.jpg

• Funny 6

[DD537]
Players
1,403 posts
18,767 battles
3 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Just for you I decided to employ my superb Paint skills.

Hide contents

1641348492_nosubs.jpg.4311d4c687ddc9eab5ffd39ef5a81f2e.jpg

Subway Club with double meet and cheese. Seems appropriate :Smile_trollface:

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,478 posts
21,737 battles
26 minutes ago, philjd said:

"No to subs" Been saying that since the forums were first opened, never mind the game being launched.

Same here!

Everytime this has come up I've said "no". My entire clan says "no" to subs in randoms. I allready seting up for my own little "WoWxit".

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Players
2,981 posts
21,496 battles

If it was a very different kind of game then perhaps subs could work but I have serious doubts of it being possible in WOWS. The very constraints of how the battles are fought don't lend themselves to anti submarine warfare or to even playing subs unless you want to turn every battle into a protracted campfest 

Also I can't even see the appeal I found submarine game play in the Halloween event extremely boring (and I play all classes of ship except reworked CV).

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,981 posts
7,359 battles

It just shows that once again WG listen to the braindead part of the playerbase instead of the one that think seriously.

• Cool 6

Players
4,281 posts
14,532 battles
1 minute ago, ShinGetsu said:

It just shows that once again WG listen to the braindead part of the playerbase instead of the one that think seriously.

No, they listen to the RUSSIAN player base. They don’t give 2 :etc_swear: about the other servers. It’s all to get Russians to spend. More pew pew and sod the thinking part coz that’s not what they want. Just look at Tanks. It’s already been written.

• Cool 3

Players
230 posts
7,639 battles
3 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

surprise, big not

[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,202 battles
59 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

#Yes

why no to subs? I actually can't wait for it.

Why?

Do you remember the uproar from huge swathes of the playerbase when the reworked CVs were introduced and they were OP as hell because they had to be in order to make people want to play them and, consequently, pay for the premium versions when they were released?

Remember the uproar from the rest of the playerbase when those self-same CVs were finally nerfed to be more in line with game balance and the cheated feeling that many people who had bought the premiums had?

It's about to happen ALL OVER AGAIN.

It's just not fair to treat your customers so appallingly. That's why.

• Cool 7

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles
3 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Why?

Do you remember the uproar from huge swathes of the playerbase when the reworked CVs were introduced and they were OP as hell because they had to be in order to make people want to play them and, consequently pay for the premium versions when they were released?

Remember the uproar from the rest of the playerbase when those self-same CVs were finally nerfed to be more in line with game balance and the cheated feeling that many people who had bought the premiums had?

Well they buffed the obj 279 e for reasons i still can't comprehend (the tank sits at 59% winrate was around 54%) so yeah something like this was going to happen, i reckon it will be like those wheely buggies in world of tanks.

sodding jousting sticks, bombing around the map at 75knots underwater while spamming 2-6 torpedos every 10-30secs.

[UAC]
Players
660 posts
2,417 battles
1 minute ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Why?

Do you remember the uproar from huge swathes of the playerbase when the reworked CVs were introduced and they were OP as hell because they had to be in order to make people want to play them and, consequently pay for the premium versions when they were released?

I believe something like this won't happen since they went through with this CV rework and have the experience in what to do and what not to do.

Second thing, I don't care, I bought Graf Zeppelin and Kaga, that's 2 premium carriers and I enjoy them. Sure, Graf needs a drastic changes/buffs but I do have them.

Have you ever played WoT?

If so, do you remember the time IS-3A was introduced?

It was a steaming pile of sh**.

And last christmas they buffed it into the sky and became even more OP than the previous king of OP, the mighty defender, and you couldn't buy it anymore, until like this spring or something.

My point is, I don't care about premiums, I bought them, I have them, I'm sure at some point they will balance it out. They just need time and their priorities are a bit jumbled up but that's ok.

[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,202 battles
Just now, Filipin00 said:

I believe something like this won't happen since they went through with this CV rework and have the experience in what to do and what not to do.

Oh my sweet, sweet child - I do so applaud your optimism.

Just now, Filipin00 said:

Have you ever played WoT?

If so, do you remember the time IS-3A was introduced?

It was a steaming pile of sh**.

And last christmas they buffed it into the sky and became even more OP than the previous king of OP, the mighty defender, and you couldn't buy it anymore, until like this spring or something.

My point is, I don't care about premiums, I bought them, I have them, I'm sure at some point they will balance it out. They just need time and their priorities are a bit jumbled up but that's ok.

Precisely, as you have demonstrated here, WG are notorious for making the same mistakes over and over and over again. It's one of the traits that make WG so "endearing" (hahaha) the fact that they never learn from their mistakes. Why? Because they refuse to even accept that they made any mistakes.

It was whilst studying the WG devs that David Dunning and Justin Kruger first hit upon their hypothesis.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[DD537]
Players
1,403 posts
18,767 battles
18 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

No, they listen to the RUSSIAN player base. They don’t give 2 :etc_swear: about the other servers. It’s all to get Russians to spend. More pew pew and sod the thinking part coz that’s not what they want. Just look at Tanks. It’s already been written.

I have checked the Russian forums. You are right, it looks like the guys there are 50/50. Ofcource there are also some clever guys asking historians if there were ever a record of a BB damaged or sink by a submarine pointing an obvious flaw of the idea. 

[UAC]
Players
660 posts
2,417 battles
10 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Oh my sweet, sweet child - I do so applaud your optimism.

Precisely, as you have demonstrated here, WG are notorious for making the same mistakes over and over and over again. It's one of the traits that make WG so "endearing" (hahaha) the fact that they never learn from their mistakes. Why? Because they refuse to even accept that they made any mistakes.

It was whilst studying the WG devs that David Dunning and Justin Kruger first hit upon their hypothesis.

You know why I quit WoT, even though I spit way too much money on it than anyone ever should on the video game?

Because my point of quitting is very very high. I don't quit easily, but when I do, it's done, over.

I quit WoT because I learned all tanks armor profiles, every single fu**ing mm of any tank in the game I knew how much armor it has. I knew all my tanks penetration values, pros and cons, I knew the game like my own pocket.

And when you get rekt by someone who spent 50 or more $ on a tank that only skill requires knowing where your "W" and left mouse button is (I'm looking at you, defender) and all your knowledge and skill is disregarded and useless because the vehicle is simply too strong and belongs at least one tier higher. That was my breaking point, and not at first. I bought a lot of premium tanks on my account, feel free to check it out even, I even got some on missions for free (figure out how hard can missions be if the reward is a premium tank that costs money).

Something like that never happened to me in WoWS. I've never experienced the point of total helplessness in WoWS like I did in WoT. Not just with premiums or lower tiers, I had tier 10 tanks with highest pen in the game (i.e. Jpz E100 that has highest pen in WoT with gold shells) and when it bounced off of tier 10 russian blyat heavy tank's lower unangled plate or similar sh*t that is when I leave.

It would take a serious amount of bull**** to make me quit this game, and as a WoT player I've adapted to some serious bull before and what's happening in WoWS rn is literally not even close to my quitting point.

Edited by Filipin00
grammar nazi

[BFLAG]
Players
72 posts
9,339 battles

Sorry but is say no to no to subs.

Subs are not carriers - they dont have the spotting issue the "attack anywhere on the map in short notice" , they are much more like any other ship - infact - dds in this game with their invisicloack are pretty much like fast subs with way more firepower. They will rather be to weak rather than to powerfull thus they wont likely be a big hassle to balance.

I like how the community is so easily triggered though. We had alot of changes to the game since it was first released. We had 3 tier MM, we had stealthfiring we had a smoke heavy meta, we had carriers that could be on 5 placess at the same time with loads of alpha damage etc. This game improved alot over time. Alot of us were always kicking and screaming but the game is better than it was. 

And WG is running out of ships so subs are only logical. There is not much left unless they want to dable into cold war weapons territory. And believe me guided weapons would change the game ways more than subs would.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

Players
230 posts
7,639 battles
1 minute ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Why? Because they refuse to even accept that they made any mistakes.

kek2.thumb.png.00166dbdf51ca4070328f0dd48161e68.pngkek.thumb.png.dc5795b1311414d81b2df2dfbf5fa2d2.png

• Cool 1