You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

French Destroyers: Part 2

80 comments in this topic

WG Team, Master Pirate, Sailing Hamster
2,465 posts

Take part in the second Stage of the event: research the branch of French destroyers, complete missions of the event’s Directives, and receive the unique Commander, Philippe Auboyneau!

Read it on the portal
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

Players
4,046 posts

Yeah ... No!

The strongest players who manage to complete all four Directives and enter the Hall of Fame will be able to obtain the main reward of this Update

Who came up with that stupid idea?

Let me repeat ...

Simpler events are what your players request that translates to:

Less hurdles.

Less special tokens/currencies.

Fewer sources to earn special tokens (preferably none).

Stopp adding complications. Complications are not fun. Whoever is responsible for designing these events needs to be put to work at something where they can cause less frustration to the players.

Not to mention that essentially repeating the same event for a year now, with some slight variations in rewards or background story, is also extremly boring.

• Cool 20

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

I must say that I'm honestly impressed. 

Impressed that you guys always seem to find a way to make events (or should I call them "events") even more unattractive, uninviting and non-welcoming to participate in than the previous one.

Remember when we could earn commanders by completing missions in a campaign... Without currencies, without time-limitations and at our own pace and discretion... Pepperidge Farm CBT-era players remember. Want to monetize it? Sure: offer "completion stars" for sale. Easy fix.

:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 21

[BOTES]
Players
77 posts
5,607 battles

So you are hiding a new special captain that is arguably stronger than Yamamoto and Halsey (as it is much easier to trigger his special abilities) behind not only one massive grind wall, but also behind ranking in your pretty Hall of Fame. Aren't you ashamed of yourselves? You are excluding casual players more and more with each event. Wasn't the feedback you got for your apocalypse event (and the freaking Russian captain) negative enough? 

But I guess you made enough money to justify this kind of bullstuff internally. Well, it's time for you to lose players in an amount forcing you to rethink all of your event structures and coming up with something not as excluding. 

Damn I like this game, but with this development, I think I can't play it with a good feeling anymore. Thanks a lot WG. By now I'd take your shitty EU events over the stuff we are getting by now any day.

• Cool 13

[INOVA]
Players
23 posts
9,966 battles

So if i'm reading this right.... you can earn 1200 tokens getting in top 5% every week.
So 5000(max HallofFame) tokens in 4 weeks + 1610 tokens from directives, in total 6610 tokens max?
Sounds like a very very profitable event for people who play a lot and already have lots of high tier ships :D

Seems interesting, but i'm not sure i want to burn myself out again. Vast majority of events over last year has really taken it's toll on me.
More rewards and content are always nice to have but all the grinding to get Cossack,PEF, Exeter back to back felt like work more than fun enjoying the game.
I completely ignored the Benham grind  because i literally saw a work schedule when i saw the article on how to get it xD even though my favorite role is torpedoe DDs
2 of my friends who i invited into the game from real life left the game after feeling burned out grinding for some of those same ships (CV rework had  no influence on that it seems)

French Arc part 1 is nice and chill grind i can finally *Enjoy* as opposed to feel like i'm working and burning out.
Part 2 without looking at the directives doesn't seem too bad considering the hardest part is playing lots of games and doing well to climb the Hall so i can at least play what i want for that part.

For Unique Captains i would ideally prefer it if they were kept to Campaigns so that all players(old and new) get equal chance to get them instead of the lucky ones who were playing at the right time.
Grinding for Halsey and Yamamoto was nice long term targets i set for myself that kept me playing *happily*  hours past the XP for 3rd crate than any recent event has despite the amount of rewards from those events.

Thanks for trying out different things for events and content.

Edited by AzwraithXD
Ok i'm an idiot totally misread and missed the "Once you've completed six missions of the fourth Directive" part so yeah 3210 Tokens max
  • Cool 2

[-OOF-]
Players
34 posts
6,192 battles
2 minutes ago, AzwraithXD said:

So if i'm reading this right.... you can earn 1200 tokens getting in top 5% every week.
So 5000(max HallofFame) tokens in 4 weeks + 1610 tokens from directives, in total 6610 tokens max?

What ? ofc no ! 

Those players who complete all the missions of the Directives will receive 1,610 Tokens

finishing all 6 missions in 4 directives (24 missions) will give you 1610 tokens. 

The strongest players who manage to complete all four Directives and enter the Hall of Fame will be able to obtain the main reward of this Update—a new unique Commander, Philippe Auboyneau—for 2,100 French Tokens.

so after finishing all 4 directives, hall of fame will be available for grind. probably by being top 5% you will get some more tokens to obtain the captain....

in 1 sentence, Benham grind was way more easier than this tbh.

• Cool 1

[INOVA]
Players
23 posts
9,966 battles

@alexfari

You can earn French Tokens for:

• Completing all Directive missions of the “French Destroyers: Part 2” event—up to 1,610 Tokens.
  • Ranking in the Hall of Fame—up to 1,200 Tokens.
  • Completing combat missions with flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 IX Mogador and flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fapremium_dac9e09cf46059e1432206f07fdb2eab VIII Le Terrible—200 Tokens for each mission.
    In total, you can earn up to 3,210 Tokens throughout the Update. French Tokens can be earned only in Update 0.8.7. With the release of Update 0.8.9, they will be converted into credits at a rate of 1 : 4,500.

yes i know it says 3210 here but the description of the hall of fame after says you get rewards at end of each week

Once you've completed six missions of the fourth Directive, you gain access to the Hall of Fame. Here, you can cross swords with the best players, and rewards will be issued to every Commander who scores at least one point in accordance with the Hall of Fame’s special Rules.

After a week's results are summed up, you can get an even bigger reward if you find yourself among the top 50%, 25%, 10%, or 5% best players.

Top 5% best players 300 French Tokens
Top 5–10% best players 300 French Tokens
Top 10–25% best players 300 French Tokens
Top 25–50% best players 300 French Tokens
Players who earn at least 1 point by the Hall of Fame rules 5x French Riviera camouflages

Having earned their place in the Hall of Fame, players will also receive all the preceding rewards.

so it's 3210 or a lot more potentially depending on how Hall of Fame is actually working

Edited by AzwraithXD
Ok i'm an idiot totally misread and missed the "Once you've completed six missions of the fourth Directive" part so yeah 3210 Tokens max
  • Cool 1

Players
26 posts
37,002 battles

Actually, i kinda liked this one, and here is why. Wargaming put the lootERY boxes in the premium shop and they dropped the price a little from the last few. Great thinks i, i shall buy some, so i bought 7, not earth shattering......got NOTHING, oh well. Did all the token missions, got a load, so bought all bundles, got 1000 doubloons from them, great thinks i, so i spent that and maybe a bit more on the standard lootERY boxes available fro the armoUry.....got NOTHING. A bit later i decided i really wanted the extra ships so as not to have such a grind, so i bought 7 more premium lootERY boxes and again got NOTHING. So from 14 premium boxes and a bare minimum of 6 standard purchased boxes i got a total of NOTHING on this event. Money out of my pocket for a total of piss-all.
So, i decided at that point Wargaming ain't getting a god damned penny from me in future. Yes i am salty, yes, i understand what random means, but, at the same time, i understand what a con is, i understand what a company taking the piss out of it's players is and i also know i am not the only one that feels they have been royally cheated by this company on this event
The reason though that i kinda liked it is because Wargaming in doing this have ensured my wallet stays firmly in my pocket from now on. Been happy, delighted even to support game development as it worked both ways, but, this one, they done wrecked that.

• Cool 2

[T-N-T]
Players
3,927 posts
19,975 battles

So, I take it this is the Benham grind 2.0?!

Once more, if I want to even have a chance at obtaining Auboyneau, I'll have to grind every day for the daily missions, is that it? And obviously complete all directives, and this time is it even all missions in the directives?!

Am I wrong in thinking that some missions in directives will require particular French premiums or even Mogador that most players do not have (hells I haven't even received a mission for a single FR DD from about 30 containers now)? Thus making it impossible for most to complete all of the missions in the directives.

Please tel me I am mistaken because this is even worse than the Benham grind for a worse reward.

10 minutes ago, AzwraithXD said:

@alexfari

You can earn French Tokens for:

• Completing all Directive missions of the “French Destroyers: Part 2” event—up to 1,610 Tokens.
  • Ranking in the Hall of Fame—up to 1,200 Tokens.
  • Completing combat missions with flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 IX Mogador and flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fapremium_dac9e09cf46059e1432206f07fdb2eab VIII Le Terrible—200 Tokens for each mission.
    In total, you can earn up to 3,210 Tokens throughout the Update. French Tokens can be earned only in Update 0.8.7. With the release of Update 0.8.9, they will be converted into credits at a rate of 1 : 4,500.

yes i know it says 3210 here but the description of the hall of fame after says you get rewards at end of each week

Once you've completed six missions of the fourth Directive, you gain access to the Hall of Fame. Here, you can cross swords with the best players, and rewards will be issued to every Commander who scores at least one point in accordance with the Hall of Fame’s special Rules.

After a week's results are summed up, you can get an even bigger reward if you find yourself among the top 50%, 25%, 10%, or 5% best players.

Top 5% best players 300 French Tokens
Top 5–10% best players 300 French Tokens
Top 10–25% best players 300 French Tokens
Top 25–50% best players 300 French Tokens
Players who earn at least 1 point by the Hall of Fame rules 5x French Riviera camouflages

Having earned their place in the Hall of Fame, players will also receive all the preceding rewards.

so it's 3210 or a lot more potentially depending on how Hall of Fame is actually working

There's only one Hall of fame per stage. There's 4 directives making up that stage. Same as this current update.

There used to be weekly Halls of fame back when one stage lasted a week and we had directives being unlocked every day (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday for the Cossack event in autumn).

[ADRIA]
Players
347 posts
11,833 battles

Special captain locked behind a paywall. WG, are you going the P2W route?

• Cool 7

Weekend Tester
1,469 posts
37,910 battles

Those players who complete all the missions of the Directives will receive 1,610 Tokens, which can be exchanged for one of the following rewards in the Armory:

And let me guess, in order to complete all missions of the Directives, I need an effing ship of every nation that's in the game, especially Poland, Commonwealth, Italy, Pan America ?! Love you very much.

• Cool 7

[T-N-T]
Players
3,927 posts
19,975 battles
9 minutes ago, Caljostro said:

And let me guess, in order to complete all missions of the Directives, I need an effing ship of every nation that's in the game, especially Poland, Commonwealth, Italy, Pan America ?! Love you very much.

I fear exactly that.

As far as I can see, you either need to complete all directive missions AND get within the best 25% in the Hall of fame to get Auboyneau (1610+300+300 tokens) or you need to buy premium containers.

Having Le Terrible and/or Mogador is a rarity on the server and getting in the absolute top of the Hall of fame is pretty much impossible to do for most players (in principle) - and even that might not bring enough tokens for Auboyneau if you don't complete most/all of directive missions.

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

@Crysantos I know you like feedback, to do... "stuff" with it (I don't know what, but "passing it along to those in charge" doesn't seem to be it though, given the dog's dinner we're being served day after day). Here, have some more feedback.

• Cool 4

Players
5 posts
3,841 battles

1) Serving your customers something.

2) Have your customers rage about how they don’t want it and it being a bad idea.

3) Going +1 on the same concept.

I would have already quit my job...so at least some props for that.

[CAPT]
Players
521 posts
12,835 battles

Events are still going downhill. Not everyone can afford premium and the extra silver to play tier X.

How about getting creative (for a change), and have events for all those ships I have from tiers I-IV? You know, like the Diana and Mikasa...but NOOOOOO!!

• Cool 2

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

I guess the first part didn't go as planned so WG is extending it for another chance of paying for FR DDs.

I'd say it will fail again.

If events require resources (like FR DDs) which most ppl don't have (because of terrible chance of getting one in normal FR containers) then the event is just for specific players, the ones who like the P2W route.

Sorry but this is another disappointment.

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

WG completely :etc_swear:ing up a simple task and still being utterly surprised by the players reaction just shows that they are a joke of company with absolutely ZERO understanding of what the playerbase actually want!

Hey @Sub_Octavian remember over on Reddit when I said WG kept making "poorly thought-out initial ideas" and proved this by pointing out over ten major mistakes WG made since Jan '19 yet you called me "naive" - Well, you see the angry reaction here and on Reddit from yet another WG PR disaster, best you add another "poorly thought-out initial idea" to the list of major PR disasters, or am I still being "naive" dude?

Jesus, how hard is it to actually ASK WHAT PLAYERS WANT rather than just guessing because you guys are bloody awful at it. So far the vast majority of what you've done this year has been badly wrong, screwing up the PR and promising that "lessons are learned" then next month you do exactly the same thing all over again? Can WG even go a whole month without yet another PR :etc_swear:-storm driving the players away due to WG's god-awful decisions?

• Cool 2

[BOTES]
Players
77 posts
5,607 battles
2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

@Crysantos I know you like feedback, to do... "stuff" with it (I don't know what, but "passing it along to those in charge" doesn't seem to be it though, given the dog's dinner we're being served day after day). Here, have some more feedback.

Concerning their events and monetization, WG ignores all feedback. They will drain every bit of money out of the whales that are still left. And with this captain, they dive into P2W, just like they planned with the NTC, especially as this captain isn't achievable anymore just by playing. By the nature of the Hall of Fame, only 50% of the players in it will be able to gain the points, automatically excluding the other 50% of getting this captain. It won't get much more obvious than this, the next step is selling the legendary captains in the premium shop only. Or actually even worse, lootbox only, which is more likely for the WG of today. And of course, it will be massively time gated, they want the players to feel the pressure to buy.

The saddest part is, the game is now in such a worse state than just one year ago. Last year around WoWs birthday, the game was in a good state, with good events. Sure there were grinds, but nothing the average player couldn't do and especially nothing game breaking like the Russian and French legendary commanders gated by the grinds.

I pretty much lost hope for this game. And this loss isn't due to the catastrophe of a CV rework, or because subs are heading into the game. It is only caused by the increasingly dirty monetization ways chosen by WG, including more and more lootboxes and increasing P2W aspects in their events and in their game.

P.S. They'll ignore this just as much as they ignored all the feedback towards their summer sale, showing everyone the finger who's bound to their launcher and has no way to access those sweet sweet Steam deals. But I got to say, this game is perfect for anyone loving lootboxes. Not loving naval warfare anymore, just loving lootboxes.

• Cool 8

[4-20]
[4-20]
Players
215 posts
13 hours ago, DanSilverwing said:

When is the patch date?

do you really find asking easier than reading??

[DD537]
Players
1,403 posts
18,767 battles

Oh, that's why they dropped the submarines apart from presenting u-boats on gamescon. 

Back to f2p it is :Smile_coin:

• Cool 1

[4-20]
[4-20]
Players
215 posts

the Benham grind did it for me.    I am not working full time for WG now.

Drained, bored to the core, frustated, fooled...   I took a moment to think, is this what i play for?   NO

I dont think its funny anymore, I play my couple of battles every now and then 

and that´s it.   ...

A game is supposed to entertain people, not to piss them off. 

Grinding  is over for me. Ranked is toxic, and so on. 

WG is doing a great job consolidating players:

The old ones lost most interest, and are completely drained and wasted.

The new ones get clubbed by experienced people with skill and OP ships and commanders,

which they won in their no-life time. ...  so I imagine they leave pretty soon.

Prices of premium stuff are just ridiculous for REAL life (think of all you can get in the real world with the

money a bundle or  a hi tier costs in the shop.) ....

I´m not ranting, but asking you to think about us, only because we are supposed to pay your rent and all that. 

If not it´s ok, I´m learning another language and requires lots of grind, for real life rewards. 

So long. 

боевые станции!!  

• Cool 6

[CHEFT]
[CHEFT]
Players
1,460 posts
28,390 battles

I love this event, it's so non stressing.

(Still on holidays and haven't played for a week)

Benham grind really burnt me out and once I had reached the final part and needed 1500 base xp on victories in order to unlock it I remember I didn't wanna play at all after all that hideous array of missions and effort.