You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Atorpad

How players think about Ocean map !!

103 comments in this topic

[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
15,058 battles

Most realistic map ever... And a jewel in WG balanced map design. 

• Cool 17

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,336 battles

As BBs are not able to hide behind island it bring fear into them.

I find it interesting. It is about who panic first and leave map to opposing team.

More of psychological warfare than tactics ;)

• Cool 7

[NED]
Players
2,062 posts
8,050 battles

Well its realistic at least and i support its inclusion because of that.

But good luck to those who brought something like an Atlanta :Smile_trollface:   

Players
7,144 posts
245 battles

at least it will teach you how to disengage unless your in something that has poor concealment or your brain does walkabouts for whatever reason.

also r.i.p to those with ships that have high firing arcs and slow arse shells.

Players
2,305 posts

I personally love the map, but I am a DD main.. if your team is awake they should focus and kill off the radar Cruisers, then your Cruisers take out the other DD's and then you can have some fun with the enemy Battleships.... Spotting is key and I always try to get behind the enemy team.

Cruisers should also, in my opinion, use Battleships as shields whilst reigning down fire on their opponents. As a BB on this map I have often been the wall for an allied Cruiser whilst they vent their fury on their victim.

Radar isn't a problem for anyone who has bothered to learn what ships carry what to what range...

Players
2,305 posts
1 minute ago, loppantorkel said:

I like it too, makes for some diversity.

It is a "Thinkers" map. You have to be 100% focused.

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
602 posts
5,020 battles

We literally pressured WG into making and including this map in closed beta.

So yhea .... sorry ....  (not really sorry)  ... but you can't blame WG for this one.

It's a community effort :)

I personally love the map .. although not so much in my Atlanta :)

it's good they have it in rotation but as a lower chance.

• Cool 4

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
9 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I hate this map the most when I play BBs. Still one of the most enjoyable maps for me to play.

BBs? Why? 

Players
186 posts
3,151 battles
24 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Worst map for USN cruiser. 

Personally, I find it hilariously enraging...especially when I sail in my Cleveland or my Montepelier and I get this map with tier 10 ships and lots of DDs....and I have a measly 15.5 km range...

Very balanced and reasonable...and very funny, cz as soon as I shot, I get instant focus as I have no armor to angle and I'm much easier to hit then a DD. I'm just target practice!

REMOVE THIS GOD AWFULL P.O.S. MAP! I don't care how realistic it is or how rarely you see it, this map is completely STUPID, NEEDLESS and INSULTING, forcing you to go up against ships with 5+ km range, who just laugh at your feeble attempts at fleeing while lobbing hundreds of shells in your way while their DDs spot you and you can't do anything!

Or if you won't remove it then bring in the veto system from World of Tanks so we can veto it!

• Funny 4

[KAKE]
Players
2,649 posts
6,346 battles

Haven't seen it in months. I think the last time I played it I was sailing the Neptune (which was certainly an... interesting experience), and it's a fair while since I sold that ship.

In the wrong ship it's a pain in the :etc_swear:, but given how rarely it shows up it doesn't really bother me. 

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
19 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Haven't seen it in months. I think the last time I played it I was sailing the Neptune (which was certainly an... interesting experience), and it's a fair while since I sold that ship.

In the wrong ship it's a pain in the :etc_swear:, but given how rarely it shows up it doesn't really bother me. 

I have such luck that mostly I see it in Worcester and Salem.... :Smile_sceptic:

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
1 minute ago, Skyllon said:

Just add Epicentre to it and I'm 100% in. :Smile_izmena:

Hmm that would be...  Interesting.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,064 posts
10,875 battles

I haven't had a match on it in what seems like an age.  TBH if you had asked me I'd have said it had been removed.

[77MM]
Players
412 posts
14,472 battles

Also haven't had this map in a while. Don't mind it, makes a change - as long as it stays rare. But as others have said - there's quite a few ship lines you really don't want to be playing on this map.

[CAIN]
Players
4,514 posts
19,054 battles

I used to dislike this map, now I kinda wish it would be on more often. 

Players
1,773 posts
18,925 battles

I do enjoy this map it requires you to think a lot more about your positioning. When playing DD you can have a lot of fun spotting and trying to torp any blobs that form up. 

The only time I find this map hard work is when I'm bottom tier in a US cruiser but even then you can still do well although it's a riskier proposition. 

Wish I got this map a lot more instead of say North, now that's a map I hate.