You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Barney_Wobba

Better rewards for DD

49 comments in this topic

Players
175 posts
4,631 battles

DD...massive risk, no thanks. And if you die and the B take over, somehow they are the boss of the game. I've seen some things, with DD's, amazing play, amazing...but they die , and it is forgotten...like...tears in the rain.

More DD kudos plx WG...

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[POP]
Players
728 posts
14,105 battles

Just roll back the cap xp nerf. So what if someone could possibly exploit it in a blue moon, it's not like it's easy. It's same kind of game "exploit" as star saving BBs in the spawn.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
2,404 posts
13,618 battles
8 hours ago, Barney_Wobba said:

DD...massive risk, no thanks. And if you die and the B take over, somehow they are the boss of the game. I've seen some things, with DD's, amazing play, amazing...but they die , and it is forgotten...like...tears in the rain.

More DD kudos plx WG...

Yeah, its fun to play as a DD, scout for torps and spot for your team the whole round, cap all 3 caps while dodging enemy radar and CV strikes and do some decent damage just to end up in the midsection in the post battle result, and the 2 top ships is a Conqueror and a Yamato parked on the 1 line entire game.

PTFO Means diddly against farming damage.

• Cool 13
  • Funny 2

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
16 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Yeah, its fun to play as a DD, scout for torps and spot for your team the whole round, cap all 3 caps while dodging enemy radar and CV strikes and do some decent damage just to end up in the midsection in the post battle result, and the 2 top ships is a Conqueror and a Yamato parked on the 1 line entire game.

PTFO Means diddly against farming damage.

TBH thats not what im seeing. Yes, can be true for the losing side, when backline campers survive the longest and manage to chunk someone who maybe doesnt even care anymore because the game is won already.

But for winning team? I usually see the ones making a play being infront.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0c53742665cc5a1d7034e8f70dc83ab6.png

Here is really a prime example. Those 4 ships i marked, they sat all in the back. Reversing literally all the time. The Stalin DCPed every single fire, then didnt shoot till his DCP was backup again :cap_fainting:

While the Khaba actually tried to do something, but couldnt because his big gun teammates sat on one spot far away from the objectives.

As for the other DDs?

My div Z couldnt do too much, because he was on the flank with the spawn campers. Grozovoi got beaten by the Khaba, then ran away. Even tho i tried to help him, and i told him, Khaba was weak after i smacked it for like 15k.

Enemy Gearing lost half his health to me at the start, as it went cocky into C cap. Then ate a torp from our Z :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
6,338 posts
13,102 battles
5 hours ago, Asakka said:

But DDs already have better rewards

And DDs are also cheaper, both the silver and the gold ones.

11 hours ago, Barney_Wobba said:

More DD kudos plx WG...

It's not like cruisers never take massive risks. Heck, it's even risky for a cruiser to try and dakka a DD these days!

Few daysw ago I was playing CB in my Cossack and was at extreme close range to a rushing Chapa. Guess who won the dakka fight? yes he ate citadels like no tomorrow! :Smile_teethhappy:

And for the Chapa there was no tomorrow indeed :cap_cool:

And you want DDs to get even more buffs? You're mad! :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

It's not like cruisers never take massive risks. Heck, it's even risky for a cruiser to try and dakka a DD these days!

Few daysw ago I was playing CB in my Cossack and was at extreme close range to a rushing Chapa. Guess who won the dakka fight? yes he ate citadels like no tomorrow! :Smile_teethhappy:

And for the Chapa there was no tomorrow indeed :cap_cool:

And you want DDs to get even more buffs? You're mad! :Smile_teethhappy:

Thats why, good clans like OMNI run 4 DD setup now. short duration radar, most Cruisers have no heal and rather low DPM. Akizukis can eat Cruisers for lunch :cap_popcorn: And torps are best way to deal with russian bias Vladi and Lenin, which are super powerful vs Cruisers.

Compared to TX where it hardly works. But kinda shows the stats on T8 nowadays :cap_old:

• Cool 1

Players
2,220 posts
13,355 battles
3 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Only at first glance. Most high tier DDs need 4 or 5 premium consumables to be competetive or at the very least survive the battle while most BBs have only 2 consumables. Doesn't seem much but play 300 games in either and do the math. Also the service cost is higher for DDs. And no, i do not mean the normal fixed post battle service cost but the ammunition which also cost credits per shell and especially torps. More consumables, extra cost for launched torps, this quickly sums up to 60k or 70k credits per battle. Is not much, right? Play 10 games and it's 600k to 700k, play 100 games and we are already at 6 to 7 million extra cost compared to BBs just for playing the game. The 'cheaper' silver price to buy the ship equals pretty fast. It is also a lot easier to play BB and much safer sitting far back out of range of everything that sinks you within seconds. The frustration level for playing DD is much higher and DD also has a much higher responsibility (play objectives, scout torps for the camper and so on, spot so the camper has something to shoot at) during the entire game.

• Cool 1

Players
6,338 posts
13,102 battles
2 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Only at first glance. Most high tier DDs need 4 or 5 premium consumables to be competetive or at the very least survive the battle while most BBs have only 2 consumables.

Consumables will be free really soon, so this is kinda a non-issue at this point.

• Cool 1

[_OPC_]
Players
454 posts
17,342 battles
23 hours ago, Barney_Wobba said:

More DD kudos plx WG...

No, seen 2 many imbecils, in rankedm going for cap and doing crap, avoid enemy, and still ending in 1st place

Players
18 posts
14,450 battles

DDs should be rewarded for the time they spend in contested caps. They can sit there all game without firing one shot and they still prevent the team from losing more points to the enemy than probably 1/3 of the team.

• Cool 2

[OD-NT]
Beta Tester
298 posts
12,692 battles

The life of a DD is a thankless task, always being shouted at to cap, by players hiding behind islands so they cannot support you.

If there is a CV you are playing the rocket dodging game, can be quite fun in a Kidd.

You play the torpedo spotting/dodging game and groan when a friendly BB is dev struck by torpedos you spotted a minute ago, note, these are the same BB's that ask you to cap at the start then start reversing, they get their brave pants on when a DD does cap and move forward, never coming out of sniper mode on their guns.

Then there is the sometimes the endless radar game known as the "Dastardly and Muttley Flying Circus" game, go to a cap, get radar'd, turn and run, yo-yo back and forth while the 2 DM's and a Wooster keep the cap perma radar'd. Of course the team crying all game for you to cap. Thank you  WG for making radar better for DD's (6 secs reduced spotting), but them making some 12km and some a minute long, stroke of genius that.

When all is said and done DD's are still the most fun class for me, you have to think ahead, plan an exit, remember the concealment of the enemy DD's, learn radar ranges, reversing skills (not just from the start of a match). 

There is no need for extra reward for DD's, those played even remotely well top the XP charts, if you want to sit in a shima and just launch 20km torps all day and get 20k damage per game then you deserve zero reward, play DD's well and you will be rewarded well, simples. (That said "save a star" in ranked should go, it was a bad move and is the wrong incentive for a competitive game).

TB.

• Cool 2

Players
6,338 posts
13,102 battles
3 hours ago, LittleGreenFriend said:

DDs should be rewarded for the time they spend in contested caps. They can sit there all game without firing one shot and they still prevent the team from losing more points to the enemy than probably 1/3 of the team.

I agree with this.

DDs provide a lot of, say, passive benefits to the team. Even their mere presence in one area can prevent a superior force from trying to push and then there's the spotting. And spotting enemy torps is more vital to the team but I never really see any DD mention this.

But DDs are getting rewarded for tasks as I have had games particularly when I was grinding Lightning, I did very little damage but still got very good XP. Was so unevenful a grind that I barely even remember it, except that I was almost exclusively supporting my team instead of trying to maximize my smoke+dakkafarm.

Players
6,338 posts
13,102 battles
2 hours ago, T3ddyBear said:

The life of a DD is a thankless task, always being shouted at to cap, by players hiding behind islands so they cannot support you.

If there is a CV you are playing the rocket dodging game, can be quite fun in a Kidd.

You play the torpedo spotting/dodging game and groan when a friendly BB is dev struck by torpedos you spotted a minute ago, note, these are the same BB's that ask you to cap at the start then start reversing, they get their brave pants on when a DD does cap and move forward, never coming out of sniper mode on their guns.

Then there is the sometimes the endless radar game known as the "Dastardly and Muttley Flying Circus" game, go to a cap, get radar'd, turn and run, yo-yo back and forth while the 2 DM's and a Wooster keep the cap perma radar'd. Of course the team crying all game for you to cap. Thank you  WG for making radar better for DD's (6 secs reduced spotting), but them making some 12km and some a minute long, stroke of genius that.

When all is said and done DD's are still the most fun class for me, you have to think ahead, plan an exit, remember the concealment of the enemy DD's, learn radar ranges, reversing skills (not just from the start of a match). 

There is no need for extra reward for DD's, those played even remotely well top the XP charts, if you want to sit in a shima and just launch 20km torps all day and get 20k damage per game then you deserve zero reward, play DD's well and you will be rewarded well, simples. (That said "save a star" in ranked should go, it was a bad move and is the wrong incentive for a competitive game).

TB.

Frankly, I hardly ever see the team type anything that has to do with DDs not capping when they are in fact tryharding. If at all, it's usually the usual IJN borderliner (like Shimas) or when the DD is about to cap, then spots some enemies, pops smoke and do some dakka and then the enetire red team gets unspotted because our only spotter wanted to farm damage :Smile_sceptic:

When playing DD the most annoying comments I get are from someone who expects me to be their servant (usually a BB as the other classes don't depend on me anyway). It's when I'm playing BB that I get the most nasty chat aimed at me, actually.

But regardless, this hate get noone anywhere anyway.

And of course the map pinging is universal, but soon these will also be blockable and they can spam all they want afaic! :Smile_great:

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

I'd like to see a mechanic where if 'the team' say 'go take a cap', and you do, and then they allow it to be retaken all the teams XP goes to the DD for having his time wasted. 

I'm being only slightly facetious, but as a new DD player I notice the team doesn't always back up its mouth and sometimes says things to cover for the pretence of competency. 

[THESO]
Players
1,748 posts
20,270 battles
On 8/14/2019 at 2:24 AM, Barney_Wobba said:

More DD kudos plx WG...

I can perfectly understand that idea.

DDs are my go-to class when I cannot take the incompetence of my teams anymore. They are the ships I take when I reach the point of thinking "if I don't do it, it won't get done." I think DDs are the most responsible class and take the most team-player attitude. Unfortunately their actions are seldom rewarded adequately. Many individual actions of DDs are directed at disturbing, distracting the enemy team. A DD threatening to take a base will bind 2-3 enemy ships that cannot effectively engage other ships. The mere presence in a certain area, the skilled mind game makes BBs angle against potential torps and get blapped by BBs.

Many of these soft actions will never be captured by conditions in code and will never be rewarded. But others can and should.

14 hours ago, LittleGreenFriend said:

That is one of many possible and reasonable ways. There are already conditions checking if a ship is in a cap and preventing points gain. It shouldn't be too hard to attribute that to a player.

[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,273 battles
On 8/15/2019 at 11:29 AM, T3ddyBear said:

TB.

So now when the French DD lone will be released - you can ignore cap, go flank and have fun. It’s selfish but that’s how I play the LeTerrible and I love it. 

[NSVE]
Players
460 posts
14,842 battles
On 8/14/2019 at 1:24 AM, Barney_Wobba said:

More DD kudos plx WG...

If you don't think DDs are rewarded enough, play another type of ship.