You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Barney_Wobba

Compliments

44 comments in this topic

Players
175 posts
4,631 battles

So, why is there a cap on complimenting other players? Is there a cap on kindness? Or a cap or recognition of skill?

Shouldn't be.

I respect others, shouldn't we all?

Let us feel good about playing well.

Is this game about feeling bad? Or good?

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[DIOR]
Players
651 posts
62 battles
Vor 51 Minuten, Barney_Wobba sagte:

So, why is there a cap on complimenting other players? Is there a cap on kindness? Or a cap or recognition of skill?

Shouldn't be.

100%agreeing on this. 

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,109 battles

Because should the " System " at some future date reward "complements" having NO cap on the amount ( like reports ) could / would lead to abuse of the complements system, to gain rewards.

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

The compliments are being 'abused' by many players complimenting each other every day to raise karma as much as possible. Not that is any useful but some ppl care about it.

Limiting it kinda prevent too much abuse so I'm ok with it.

• Cool 1

[NEXT]
Players
33,126 posts
16,643 battles

As you cannot compliment division mates, you just need to make sure you cannot compliment clanmates and you can give only one compliment per player per battle and then I do not see a danger of abuse.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

As you cannot compliment division mates, you just need to make sure you cannot compliment clanmates and you can give only one compliment per player per battle and then I do not see a danger of abuse.

:cap_hmm: plenty of national bias that could earn players compliments just because. Otoh, it's a pretty useless earning atm, so the abuse potential is limited regardless.

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
775 posts
14,631 battles
8 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

plenty of national bias that could earn players compliments just because

I agree with that, I could imagine all the compliment trading offers (I am more than sure it would happen).

@Barney_Wobba You have a limit so you will not throw them foolishly everywhere but use where it is truly deserved.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,305 posts
22,278 battles

You might as well ask why compliments, most report options and karma exist at all.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NEXT]
Players
33,126 posts
16,643 battles
19 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

:cap_hmm: plenty of national bias that could earn players compliments just because. Otoh, it's a pretty useless earning atm, so the abuse potential is limited regardless.

Most people have compliments left at the end of the day and I have never seen offers of compliment trading.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles

I am just here to post this, as per usual when compliments are in quesion:

[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,273 battles
45 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I agree with that, I could imagine all the compliment trading offers (I am more than sure it would happen).

@Barney_Wobba You have a limit so you will not throw them foolishly everywhere but use where it is truly deserved.

Nah. I'm complimenting people from my PL community in battles. Why not :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
44 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

You might as well ask why compliments, most report options and karma exist at all.

To gain Karma girth and wave it in front of the inadequate plebs? :cap_hmm:

edit:

42 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Most people have compliments left at the end of the day and I have never seen offers of compliment trading.

4 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Nah. I'm complimenting people from my PL community in battles. Why not :Smile-_tongue:

Not that I mind. Karma is pretty useless. Still nice to get compliments, and I try to be fairly generous about handing them out, not that they cost me anything. ...I'm pretty generous about the reports too tbh.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,273 battles
10 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I'm pretty generous about the reports too tbh

Sometimes I'm out of them in the 1st 2 battles. Having 900+ karma I need to have 20 reports per day at minimum :Smile_trollface:

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,666 posts
30,481 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

never seen offers of compliment trading

I have. Long time ago there was a event mission to get maybe 1 compliment and ppl went nuts in chat at the beginning of most games(give me, i give you). That was ofc more begging than trading.

• Cool 1

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
802 posts
16,042 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

If you leave the division while in battle, does it still apply?

[NEXT]
Players
33,126 posts
16,643 battles
8 minutes ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

If you leave the division while in battle, does it still apply?

Yes, you still cannot compliment divisionmates.

[ROT8]
Players
2,799 posts
9 hours ago, Barney_Wobba said:

Shouldn't be.

Countdown clan members already have massively high karma numbers for basically pressing the battle button and patting each other on the back afterwards, you want them to have more to massage their brittle ego's ?  :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,375 posts
4,408 battles

My karma is 0. Every point I ever got was taken during my matches as a CV since the rework. You just get downvoted by friends and foes alike, just because they hate them and everyone reserves a special right for being perma protected by you. Additionally, some points were taken for my famous chat rages triggered by the omnipresent extreme brainlessness (not refering to average, but really lobotomized players) especially in the higher tiers.

To the OP: You motivated me to make more use of the compliment system.

[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,273 battles
13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Yes, you still cannot compliment divisionmates.

I think those in-battle division (division during the battle) cam compliment each other. Though once I was reported by such one (lol) and he says after battle that I was "a terrible div mate" ....:Smile_sceptic: 

Idk if this still exist on such kind of division.

• Funny 1

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,109 battles
1 hour ago, loppantorkel said:

To gain Karma girth and wave it in front of the inadequate plebs? :cap_hmm:

.I'm pretty generous about the reports too tbh.

Do you think, there is a algorithm, with in the match making process, where by when you give a " report " to a player they get a -1 and lowers there tier random selection down, ( an advantage for them ) and you get a +1 highering  yours up. ( a disadvantage for you )

example your playing a T8 game you give a report to Player X, next game he gets a T7 game and you get a T9 game.

If you give more than 1 report to a player your " treatment " is more negative. 

Fact ?  Fiction ?  or Tinfoil ?

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
4 minutes ago, CaptStevSmith said:

Fact ?  Fiction ?  or Tinfoil ?

Tinfoil. I'm not beyond speculating about some MM manipulation, but I doubt the Karma system is in on the conspiracy.

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,109 battles
2 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Tinfoil. I'm not beyond speculating about some MM manipulation, but I doubt the Karma system is in on the conspiracy.

3 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

You should try it with your friends as an experiment.

Lets call it urmmmm....

The " Chuck "  Experiment.

reminds Me I must go and buy more tin foil ~~~~~ Keep the faith 

[SCRUB]
Players
4,184 posts
24,228 battles
18 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

I think those in-battle division (division during the battle) cam compliment each other. Though once I was reported by such one (lol) and he says after battle that I was "a terrible div mate" ....:Smile_sceptic: 

Idk if this still exist on such kind of division.

It does. Met another Scrub in battle, invited him to div. We were able to compliment each other still after.

• Cool 2

Players
2,981 posts
21,496 battles

I suspose the limit in compliments is to stop them being handed out too freely and so people actually need to earn them. I do try to use up my daily allowance of compliments when I see good plan or see people who really try to help out teammates. 

Also sometimes the most satisfying compliments come from the enemy team just because you out played them and rather than acting like a child they say "well played +1".

Only last week in a very heavy tier 10 match my team lemming trained one way, leaving myself and a DD defending the other flank. The DD did a great job spotting for me and so earned a compliment, but the enemy teams Lexington totally shut down my teams lemming train he got about 4 kills, 3000 base XP and handed his team the win on a sliver plate. So I felt he earned the compliment even if he was the main reason my team lost. 

• Cool 1