You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

21 comments in this topic

[SYTHE]
Players
34 posts
3,549 battles

I always thought about what new content WARGAMING may be upto everyday to improve the game further, and thought Why not state some of the stuff which I Look forward to.

1. German High Tier Premium Battleship : Lately I personally feel that the German BB line is suffering from not having a tier IX/X premium. ( I know Battlecruiser Siegfried is coming) but battleship line in general needs a Heavy Slow turning "glass cannon" with high accuracy (like Ohio/Pobeda/Georgia). 

A) H44 Class Super Battleships Can be a thing > 

If H44 is too big in terms of size H43 or previous ones almost same size of GK can be looked into. 

2. More Varied Customisation Options

A) Personal "pennant" customisation (NOT FLAG), with symbols and insignias which already ingame.

B) The Option to Colour certain areas of the ship (I know if this will make its way into the game, then certain people will make pink Hulls and eye cancer ships) So, to counter that maybe have 3-4 Premade selectable Scheme colours.

EXAMPLE -

i) HULL colour - Red rusted, Brown, Dark Military Green(for Uk ship alternate colour matching) Dark Navy/Prussian rusted blue (for USN ships alternate Colour matching)

ii) Smoke colour Customisation - Maybe bring back ARP ships smoke effects / New FX for smoke purchase with doubloons / research bureau currency

iii) Custom Plated anchors (GOLD/Chrome/Bronze/Rusted) For achievements earned on a ship

iv) Aircraft Visual Customisation for CV (cause why not, No one would say no to more visual uniqueness) Premade options to select Country Related symbols on the wings of the plane Can be a thing like Bee Logo on USN Fighter aircrafts  and bombers, Rising flag/GOJIRA logo on Japanese fighters

v) CV Runway Themes (asphalt dark/Yellow centrelines on grey runway/red) , Very Small Custom LIGHTS on Starboard and Portside furthest ends like they have on real aircraft carriers

^^ Note - These can actually be a way for players to spend their excess Free XP/ Research bureau points in a nice way

C) Unique Commanders Can be released With their Unique EMBLEM / Insignia / Base Patch. 

3.  If The AA reinforcement Sector works out in update 0.8.7 > maybe we can expect some premium Russian Carrier like Admiral Kuznetsov or paper ships made into russian CV line. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuznetsov-class_aircraft_carrier

4. And I know its really hard for Wargaming to procure the Historically Accurate Blueprints and Info and hire historians to know a ship like the back of their hand before adding to a game, I would still like to suggest 7 interesting ships :

A) USS Saratoga - USN CV T VIII

B) USS Long Beach - USN CA T IX

C) German Hermann Schoemann Z7  - German Tier VIII/Tier IX  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_destroyer_Z7_Hermann_Schoemann

D) IJN AKAGI - JAP CV T VIII

E) French Battleship Strasbourg - T IX premium after Jean bart goes out of Armory https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_battleship_Strasbourg

F) ^already mentioned^ Admiral Kuznetsov - Premium Russian CV T VIII or why not as the first Premium T X CV in game.

G) ^already mentioned^ H44 Battleship - Premium German BB T X

Premium so that It can be "COAL/STEEL/Free Xp/Research Bureau Points" Ship / Tech Tree Branch split (which is a Herculean Task to do XD)

Have a nice day.

• Funny 1

[OP]
Beta Tester
281 posts
23,859 battles

I think many of the content u mention is already in the game. Like akagi > kaga and kuznetsov. 

Recolouring is already in the game with the campaigns. 

I'm quite sure that after the current ijn Yoshino and azuma, the Russian stalingrad and the American Alaska there will be supercruisers for other lines like kms, MN, and rn and upcoming Italian navy. 

So this doesn't look that much of content ideas then what we currently already have. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,285 posts
7,108 battles
11 minutes ago, yohane1 said:

I think many of the content u mention is already in the game. Like akagi > kaga and kuznetsov.

I'm not sure, he speaks about the Russian carrier Kuznetsov.

Spoiler

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor carrier kuznetsov

This bad boy. Equipped with Flankers and Fulcrums IIRC. Fighter jets. And we don't have a Russian carrier yet, and it was even built in real life! :cap_like:

The only cruiser named Long Beach that I could find was this one:

Spoiler

USS Long Beach

A nuclear-powered guided missile cruiser. Also unique I'd say.

And there's a reason we don't see ships like these ingame. There's no single way how a guided missile cruiser, and an aircraft carrier equipped with Mach 2 fighter jets and anti-ship missiles could be balanced between 1940s ships.

The Z7 is basically a Leberecht Maass, and the Strasbourg a sistership of the Dunkerque. No way these will work at tier 9.

• Cool 1

[SYTHE]
Players
34 posts
3,549 battles
10 hours ago, Robber_Baron said:

I'm not sure, he speaks about the Russian carrier Kuznetsov.

Reveal hidden contents

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor carrier kuznetsov

This bad boy. Equipped with Flankers and Fulcrums IIRC. Fighter jets. And we don't have a Russian carrier yet, and it was even built in real life! :cap_like:

The only cruiser named Long Beach that I could find was this one:

Reveal hidden contents

USS Long Beach

A nuclear-powered guided missile cruiser. Also unique I'd say.

And there's a reason we don't see ships like these ingame. There's no single way how a guided missile cruiser, and an aircraft carrier equipped with Mach 2 fighter jets and anti-ship missiles could be balanced between 1940s ships.

The Z7 is basically a Leberecht Maass, and the Strasbourg a sistership of the Dunkerque. No way these will work at tier 9.

Not every ship that we have in game performs exactly like the Real one for example USS Midway has tons of other weaponry like SEA Sparrow "missile" launchers. No Doubt Long Beach is a guided Missile cruiser, But so is some of the Kirov class cruisers we have in game right? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirov-class_battlecruiser

WG gotta move forward in Timeline or else we gonna have too many Paper ships / ships that didnt even exist / historically inaccurate. 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[SHAFT]
Players
10,378 posts
9,122 battles
5 minutes ago, CaptainEdmond said:

Not every ship that we have in game performs exactly like the Real one for example USS Midway has tons of other weaponry like SEA Sparrow "missile" launchers. No Doubt Long Beach is a guided Missile cruiser, But so is some of the Kirov class cruisers we have in game right? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirov-class_battlecruiser

WG gotta move forward in Timeline or else we gonna have too many Paper ships / ships that didnt even exist / historically inaccurate. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirov-class_cruiser

:fish_aqua:

• Cool 2

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,147 posts
9,005 battles
44 minutes ago, CaptainEdmond said:

The Midway did have missiles in real life sure, in the 1960's refit, not when it was launched 1945...

And there are still a crapton of ships we don't have yet from 1910-1945 not to mention the design bucket that have an endless supply of ships that can be reasonable within the WW2 time period. 

So no we don't have to move forwards.

• Cool 2

[SYTHE]
Players
34 posts
3,549 battles
18 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

image.png.20efd889c351de49e8a1d10fea967776.png

It was never built. Only because they have the same name, doesnt mean its the same ship :Smile-_tongue:

There was no "other" Moskva Built in russian naval history. So its safe to say the moskva we have ingame as tier 10 Heavy cruiser is a paper ship? also the real missile guided moskva has a long history, but the one ingame is just the project 66 Blueprint based no doubt.

• Boring 1

[SYTHE]
Players
34 posts
3,549 battles

Im not asking any missile guided ships to be added but how much time does it take to refit them with Gun turrets, WG do that sometimes, right? 

• Boring 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,161 posts
20,120 battles
19 hours ago, CaptainEdmond said:

No Doubt Long Beach is a guided Missile cruiser, But so is some of the Kirov class cruisers we have in game right?

Are you for real? :Smile_facepalm:

This is the Kirov class cruiser we have in the game.

This is the Kirov class "battlecruiser" you're referring to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirov-class_battlecruiser

Quite frankly your claims are an outright insult to anyone who's even remotely knowledgeable in naval warfare of the relevant time period. Just stop.

Gameplaywise

- Ohio/Pobeda/Georgia are not glass cannons, far from it

- H44 is an absolute no go and likewise are Kuznetsov and Long Beach. The former is an insult to naval engineering and would present massive powercreep ingame, the latter two are too modern. You might as well ask for Habakkuk, at least that thing already exists in the game apparently

- adding new CVs when CV rework balancing is about to be completely reset would be foolish at best 

1 hour ago, CaptainEdmond said:

Im not asking any missile guided ships to be added but how much time does it take to refit them with Gun turrets, WG do that sometimes, right? 

No.

• Bad 1

[SYTHE]
Players
34 posts
3,549 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Are you for real? :Smile_facepalm:

This is the Kirov class cruiser we have in the game.

This is the Kirov class "battlecruiser" you're referring to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirov-class_battlecruiser

Quite frankly your claims are an outright insult to anyone who's even remotely knowledgeable in naval warfare of the relevant time period. Just stop.

Gameplaywise

- Ohio/Pobeda/Georgia are not glass cannons, far from it

- H44 is an absolute no go and likewise are Kuznetsov and Long Beach. The former is an insult to naval engineering, the latter two are too modern. You might as well ask for Habakkuk, at least that thing already exists in the game apparently

- adding new CVs when CV rework balancing is about to be completely reset would be foolish at best 

No.

There are other things, that I wrote too but you guys are too busy to teach me the difference between cruisers and "battlecruisers" and which section of knowledgeable playerbase I Insulted. 

• Boring 2

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,161 posts
20,120 battles
16 minutes ago, CaptainEdmond said:

There are other things, that I wrote too but you guys are too busy to teach me the difference between cruisers and "battlecruisers" and which section of knowledgeable playerbase I Insulted. 

I also wrote other things but you seem to deliberately ignore that just so you can keep your flawed ideas viable.

• Cool 2

Players
7,170 posts
245 battles

H44 is a chonkey botue so she would need dat thick armour.

H45 would be a gud meme with 508mm gunz along with miss super yammy with 512 or 514mm? gunz and 'lots of secondaries'.

I mean if wargaming wants to add more ships than can do so but they should try aim to make them balanced but offer a unique gameplay style at the sametime if possible, by using other ships as a template in a way.

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,405 battles
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:43 PM, CaptainEdmond said:

Smoke colour Customisation

That is something they can add as it does happen with some camos.

Maybe new legendary captain that will change color of smoke instead of adding tracers?

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:43 PM, CaptainEdmond said:

Custom Plated anchors

I see no harm in it, but it would be waste of time to do it.

Rest of your ideas are... how to say it? Not in my taste.

[-IAN-]
Players
2,026 posts
6,854 battles

Honestly it makes no difference what things you'd like to see in-game, WG has their own plans and they all seem to involve annoying the player-base until it quits, leaving the game in a state like WoWPs, a deserted game.

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
4,041 posts
16,669 battles
3 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Honestly it makes no difference what things you'd like to see in-game, WG has their own plans and they all seem to involve annoying the player-base until it quits, leaving the game in a state like WoWPs, a deserted game.

Well, they could ask the players. Which they did when designing the new Crash Zone Alpha mode, which I think is a fantastic map: the teams spawn closer together and the gameplay is much less static than on larger maps. 

[SHAFT]
Players
10,378 posts
9,122 battles
5 hours ago, CaptainEdmond said:

There was no "other" Moskva Built in russian naval history. So its safe to say the moskva we have ingame as tier 10 Heavy cruiser is a paper ship? also the real missile guided moskva has a long history, but the one ingame is just the project 66 Blueprint based no doubt

There are a lot of paper ships in this game :cap_yes: