You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Message to WG regarding premium time.

57 comments in this topic

Players
2,681 posts

I have sent a message to WG regarding premium time..

I would be interested with the thoughts of my fellows.

*edit*

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,995 posts
21,590 battles

Pointless. 

WG will not change the policy regarding premium time, as it’s one of their main sources of income. 

Good luck tho. 

• Cool 6

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

This kind of premium time would be much more valuable for the players than the current.

How much more would you be willing to spend for that 'active premium time'? What would the € to hour exchange rate be?

• Cool 5

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
14,015 battles
3 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Very quick replies.

Well they get 5 cents extra for every control-v.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
2,681 posts
2 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

This kind of premium time would be much more valuable for the players than the current.

How much more would you be willing to spend for that 'active premium time'? What would the € to hour exchange rate be?

It should not cost any more.

It is a simple program and this single change would ensure 16 more subscribers...

As I have the choice to spend or not WG should make it too attractive to ignore... Common business sense to me.

• Bad 1

Players
5,467 posts
1 minute ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

... Common business sense to me.

Unless you are a business owner or mogul, your business sense has little weight behind it. The current premium time cost is based on continued usage. If you want a system that turns on and off when playing or not, the cost per minute should be set accordingly.

• Cool 2

Players
42 posts
7,025 battles
4 minuti fa, Migantium_Mashum ha scritto:

It is a simple program and this single change would ensure 16 more subscribers...

As I have the choice to spend or not WG should make it too attractive to ignore... Common business sense to me.

I had the same idea but they would surely set a higher price for that. In fact a 1 year subscription working like that could actually last couple years. They'd probably sell a one-month subscription at the current 1 year price.

• Cool 3

Players
42 posts
7,025 battles
Proprio ora, Europizza ha scritto:

Unless you are a business owner or mogul, your business sense has little weight behind it. The current premium time cost is based on continued usage. If you want a system that turns on and off when playing or not, the cost per minute should be set accordingly.

I agree

[NEXT]
Players
33,126 posts
16,643 battles
8 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

It has more value, therefore will cost more.

• Cool 1

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

I think its more rediculous, that a game doesnt count for premium, when i start with premium time but it ends after it expires...

I played an Operation today, with 17 minutes left. I sat 2 mins in queue for no apparent reason (2 games started in the time being). And the game took 19 mins because of full :etc_swear: who just died. Boom, game ended, no premium bonus anymore.

Thats really fucked up imo.

Players
89 posts
4,024 battles

WG is running a subscription model. You pay a set amount of money and they office a service for a set amount of time, whether you use it or not. This is beneficial to the players because you can play almost as long as you want for one lower price per month. If you don't play a whole lot, then you probably wouldn't worry about premium that much anyway.

The model you want is a pay-as-you-go model, AKA only pay for what you use. For players that only play a few hours a month, this is good since they would ultimately pay less. For everyone else this is bad, especially as the price would either be the same or more than what they would be playing under the other model. The people hit worst would be those who play a whole lot, since this model might make them go broke. Not to mention its a lot more complex for both WG (harder to predict how much income they will get) and the players (budgeting out money and time in game every time you log in, etc.)

• Cool 3

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Well ... I have a flat rate for my mobile phone. I pay a fix amount per month and can phone, text and use the internet as much as I want. If I'd switch to a unit based system I'd pay MORE if I'd keep my current useage of the contracts entities (phone, text, internet).

However: If I'd use my phone less, then such a unit based contract would be more valuable to me.

Point is: WG should offer both. A unit based premium time (X games of premium time cost you Y €) and a flat rate based premium time (what we have now).

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,288 posts
22,964 battles
9 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Im sorry that is just a stupid statement Prem time is set at a cost per day.. i currently have 203 days .. Know i play this game a LOT but if that equates to almost 5000hrs game play..  even if i was live on the server for 4 hours a day every day it would give me the equivalent of well over 3 years prem time...

If WG did what you say the price would increase dramatically

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
86 posts
3,641 battles

I dont understande the rant about wg buisness model of premium time. Its fine as is. If you dont know for  certain how long you will play: buy shorter amount of premium. Yes you lose out on some extra value of premium time but thats the idea behind it, since they are people who need money as well. The only solution to the problem you describe would be to unify the cost of premium based on the days. so nomore discounts for longer periods of time. That would make premium much more expensive but hey, you wouldnt have a point of concern anymore:)

also WG acutally provides an awesome free to play game. And it is truely free to play when compared to so many other which claim that title. you cant get any ingame benefits from buying premium. And playing without premium is reasonable as well. Also wg gives out free premium on events etc.

So honestly if you have a problem about premium pricing.... dont buy it. Other than that, let wg run their buisness like they want. This practice of premium time is nothing different or worse than you local gym does. Go their place and rant them about it. (All what is written above is my own oppinion and i dont intend to discriminate or ashame anyone else having a different oppinion)

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
16 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

How much of the average premium time do you believe is used actively playing the game and thereby gaining rewards from it?

If I spend 10 hours a week, my premium time would last 17 times longer than it does now. I don't remember exactly how much time I have left, but I wouldn't have to buy more premium time for several years. Same goes for many others.

16 more subscribers don't really cover the losses WG would take for going with your suggestion.

• Cool 1

Players
331 posts
3,572 battles
46 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

You are crazy if you think 16 subscriptions would cover the money WG would lose with your proposal. I would suggest you never open your own business. It's not like premium time even costs much even buying it monthly its 2 beers down the pub a month.

• Cool 2

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

I'd have a thousand years of Premium time based on the OP's suggestion, so yes it's a great idea, I look froward to exploiting it.

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
3 minutes ago, Malfuss said:

... It's not like premium time even costs much even buying it monthly its 2 beers down the pub a month.

I'm not overly fond of subscriptions to be honest. This isn't a major cost, I agree, but there are a huge amount of services around nowadays. Each one will drain a bit and soon there be nothing left for beers :Smile_sad:

[RODS]
Players
2,176 posts
8,388 battles

The ability to put premium on "hold" when on vacation, working overtime etc would be real nice.

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
1 minute ago, Ronchabale said:

The ability to put premium on "hold" when on vacation, working overtime etc would be real nice.

Sure it would be nice. The question is (from a business perspective): How much more would players be willing to spent on some 'use based' premium time? 10% more? 20%? 50%?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
86 posts
3,641 battles
1 minute ago, Ronchabale said:

ask your local internet provider to put your internet contact on hold while you are on vacation. Would be nice,too. But sorry to dissapoint: thats not how life works

• Cool 2

Players
331 posts
3,572 battles
4 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I'm not overly fond of subscriptions to be honest. This isn't a major cost, I agree, but there are a huge amount of services around nowadays. Each one will drain a bit and soon there be nothing left for beers :Smile_sad:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for saving money and keeping the beer fund topped up, but this guy thinks it's common business sense....

• Cool 4

[RODS]
Players
2,176 posts
8,388 battles
Just now, Nocturnal_Scream said:

ask your local internet provider to put your internet contact on hold while you are on vacation. Would be nice,too. But sorry to dissapoint: thats not how life works

I know how life works, and it I am not disappointed in any way, its the same same with the car, it has to be insured and taxed whether used it or not and that is a significantly higher cost, I know premium time can be purchased by the day /week /month, I got full year of premium, cant be bothered fooling around, have like 75 days left, I will most likely get another year when I run out. (as long as they don´t screw up the game entirely)  I dunno bout internet tho I pay that monthly.

Still when I am not at home I turn OFF the lights to save money...

Beta Tester
86 posts
3,641 battles
12 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

I know how life works, and it I am not disappointed in any way, its the same same with the car, it has to be insured and taxed whether used it or not and that is a significantly higher cost, I know premium time can be purchased by the day /week /month, I got full year of premium, cant be bothered fooling around, have like 75 days left, I will most likely get another year when I run out. (as long as they don´t screw up the game entirely)  I dunno bout internet tho I pay that monthly.

Still when I am not at home I turn OFF the lights to save money...

Try turning off that internet of yours, doubt it will save you money. If you want to have it, this are the terms. End of the story.