You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
T3ddyBear

WG you have got to teach your players

103 comments in this topic

Players
598 posts
14,759 battles

I remember when WOT created a training mission just to teach the very basics of the game such as moving, aiming etc. It wouldn't be hard to create something like that and some simple rewards for completing the tutorials that would help for new accounts, however it won't happen sadly.

There are plenty of bad players who only want to have fun and don't care if they play badly but there are still plenty who want to improve but take time to learn. Considering the resources WG are prepared to put into Halloween and Rogue Wave events it's not a resource issue. 

Sadly its simply not in WGs interest to make the effort, where as Halloween and Rogue Wave they can sell premium camos, in game tutorials are not profitable. Those of us who want to get better will do our best to seek out advice from youtubes or streamers but it will always be a matter of making the effort. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,691 posts

shot-19_08.19_21_16.04-0820.thumb.jpg.ad8983dcc88c6e0aa98df37cc1ad2333.jpg

The avg. WR on the enemy team (The WHOLE team!) is 45%. It is not fun playing with them, and its damn sure not fun playing against them. You have to do something with these players WG. Why are these players allowed to play T10's even? Or T8 for that matter? They should be on the playground eating sand and cat s:etc_swear:

Game lasted 6 minutes

Edit: I was lucky enough to get the 46% WR team the next game. Was super fun game that lasted 8 minutes. 4 minutes in we had lost over half our team. This is starting to become the norm WG. 

• Cool 2

Players
2,109 posts
14,347 battles
Am 19.8.2019 um 11:39, NothingButTheRain sagte:

I think WG should focus on teaching their players how to have good manners and good behavior instead

Yup.

Just like schools should focus on manners rather than transfer of knowledge and skills.

Because it's totally not the parents' job and also they need to finally recognize their main responsibility is solving social problems!!1 (By which I mean both WG and schools!)

Players
391 posts
2,646 battles

As an average and casual player (not too much time for gaming) it is hard to constantly improve with all these brainless upstacles and to compensate the [edited] going on. And no, nor am I red lining nor rushing into death. But I just cannot win games alone in which the team performs a 180° on first enemy contact only to eat broadsides and the DDs are dead in the first 5 minutes. And it is also not fun to play against such teams either.

The fact that I would have the same bad win rate, or even a better one, in the last ~200 games if i was completely afk speaks alone for itself:

2019-08-20_1.png

2019-08-20_2.png

[NWP]
Players
5,885 posts
7,167 battles
14 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

The avg. WR on the enemy team (The WHOLE team!) is 45%. It is not fun playing with them, and its damn sure not fun playing against them. You have to do something with these players WG. Why are these players allowed to play T10's even? Or T8 for that matter? They should be on the playground eating sand and cat s:etc_swear:

Game lasted 6 minutes

Edit: I was lucky enough to get the 46% WR team the next game. Was super fun game that lasted 8 minutes. 4 minutes in we had lost over half our team. This is starting to become the norm WG.  

Id say, for some T6s is too much.

shot-19_08.19_18_42.07-0143.thumb.jpg.ee8d92babfae64ac8add940c094ac16f.jpg

Not even 2,5 mins into the game. How the [edited]do you even do that? Toptier... with Graf Spee :cap_fainting:

Its like, people cant even graps the spawns in this game. Can be the only reason, why you pop Hydro/Radar 50 secs into the game right? So its conveniently on CD ones you get torped or spotted by a DD :fish_palm:

On the other hand, can you blame the player? 400 games played, 3 Premiums (Graf Spee, Dunk, Scharn) and only 2 silver ships on T6 (Bayern and Nürnberg).

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.60f0bfa25102a9ac1a7f70d4f955178e.png

16k avg damage in Hashidate, even 5 games... 10k in Graf Spee. This needs to stop. Luckily, the Dunkerque doesnt fit there, its 1502 avg damage in 6 games :Smile_amazed:

[1701]
Players
18 posts
2,826 battles

i am tired of low quality games either, destroyers who refuse to spot or cap, battleships with all day camping than solo rush suicide, and i dont know why but most of the my games majority of players win rate below &45.  Game is not fun for me anymore, i am just waiting for september anniversary than probably uninstall the game for my sanity.:Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
4,681 posts
26,271 battles
On 8/19/2019 at 12:39 PM, NothingButTheRain said:

I think WG should focus on teaching their players how to have good manners and good behavior instead as I believe this would add more to the game. In a good way of course.

Lol wut? :Smile_teethhappy:

Alpha Tester, Korzár
3,248 posts
18,858 battles

Ah. Our hidden acc guy is a bit triggered right? Whats the problem? Maybe you have less then 40%WR too? :Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

• Boring 1

[WASP_]
Players
292 posts
Vor 4 Stunden, TheComedian1983 sagte:

edit

This is the reason why we can't have nice things. By your own admission you went pink attempting to team kill your friendly DD just because he wasn't playing the way YOU WANTED! Furthermore you give WG the finger just because you had a bad experience and then you break the rules regarding name and shaming again because your in a huff. Reading your post you would be forgiven for thinking you're the only one that suffers games like this. How is your behaviour both here and online going to solve anything? All you are doing is injecting more toxicity in the situation when that's exactly what the community does not need. For instance we never hear you complain when your are on the opposite team roalf stomping teams like the one you describe. No you spend most of your time here laughing out of the side of your mouth at people with a lower win rate than yours. Of course the Irony in all of this is your actually part of the whole problem currently with the player base because of your petulant elitist attitude. Here's hoping that ban comes your way soon. 

• Funny 2

[P-W-C]
Players
4,681 posts
26,271 battles
5 minutes ago, Merlin851526 said:

Of course the Irony in all of this is your actually part of the whole problem currently with the player base because of your petulant elitist attitude. 

BA4CF5E5-662F-4FB7-AC85-8273B7A74F04.jpeg

• Funny 1

[WASP_]
Players
292 posts
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

BA4CF5E5-662F-4FB7-AC85-8273B7A74F04.jpeg

Are you seriously suggesting that team killing is acceptable behaviour? 

[P-W-C]
Players
4,681 posts
26,271 battles
1 minute ago, Merlin851526 said:

No but how is this can be called “elitist”? He got frustrated. Once some guy was ramming me for 5 min into an island. Nothing I could do and he was doing it on purpose cause I was a cv player on the last battle that killed him. Lol so he rammed me to an island as I was a cruiser. So I shot him twice. So he shot me 3 times, took like 25% of my hp till he got scuttled by the game. 

Alpha Tester, Korzár
3,248 posts
18,858 battles
Před 2 minutami Merlin851526 řekl/a:

And about this we are talking there.
YOU are so lazy and dumb to learn something about basic mechanics. Do you know how hard is to team kill? Do you? No. Because you have no idea about anything.
Teamkilling is almost impossible in a normal situation and you must be very lucky to TK someone.
But you aren't able to get it.
YOU are the problem!

• Boring 1

[WASP_]
Players
292 posts
5 minutes ago, TheComedian1983 said:

And about this we are talking there.
YOU are so lazy and dumb to learn something about basic mechanics. Do you know how hard is to team kill? Do you? No. Because you have no idea about anything.
Teamkilling is almost impossible in a normal situation and you must be very lucky to TK someone.
But you aren't able to get it.
YOU are the problem!

Irony is just something that happens to other people isn't it as far your concerned. I'm not one bit interested in how hard it is to team kill it's the intent that concerns me the mens rea if you will. Name call all you want. All I and a great many others can see right now is the tip of your shovel as you disappear deeper into that hole your digging for yourself. I actually feel embarrassed for you right now. 

• Funny 1

[WASP_]
Players
292 posts
6 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

No but how is this can be called “elitist”? He got frustrated. Once some guy was ramming me for 5 min into an island. Nothing I could do and he was doing it on purpose cause I was a cv player on the last battle that killed him. Lol so he rammed me to an island as I was a cruiser. So I shot him twice. So he shot me 3 times, took like 25% of my hp till he got scuttled by the game. 

Read his post again and in particular his stance on anyone with a lower win rate than him. He reeks of it. How in the name of all that's good could a new player come away with nothing but revulsion after encountering a player like that. 

• Funny 1

[P-W-C]
Players
4,681 posts
26,271 battles
5 minutes ago, Merlin851526 said:

Read his post again and in particular his stance on anyone with a lower win rate than him. He reeks of it. How in the name of all that's good could a new player come away with nothing but revulsion after encountering a player like that. 

You saw also that those people didn’t have only low WR. Also low PR and dmg. Those people are just overall bad players. :cap_tea:

[WASP_]
Players
292 posts
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

You saw also that those people didn’t have only low WR. Also low PR and dmg. Those people are just overall bad players. :cap_tea:

That doesn't give you or anyone else the right to be toxic towards them or attempt to impede or teamkill them. I guarantee if all those players disappeared tomorrow it wouldn't be long before the unicums would be wishing them back because the player pool would be tiny.

Alpha Tester, Korzár
3,248 posts
18,858 battles
Před 2 minutami Merlin851526 řekl/a:

That doesn't give you or anyone else the right to be toxic towards them or attempt to impede or teamkill them. I guarantee if all those players disappeared tomorrow it wouldn't be long before the unicums would be wishing them back because the player pool would be tiny.

Better dead then red :Smile_trollface:
Btw why you are still talking about unicum players?
I'm, for example, avarage experienced player. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,000 posts
6,623 battles
On 8/18/2019 at 9:06 PM, Sunleader said:

There is a whole Range of Problems. 

This kind of System can only possibly be used in a Game where you either Play 1 vs 1 or Clan vs Clan.

No there are perfectly viable and tested matchmaking systems for random games with players of different skill levels.

A good example is Trueskill. Look it up if you want to, but in short it comes down to the idea that complex matchmaking systems are not better than simple ones. Just adjusting rating for win or loss, against an opponent or a team of opponents that was predicted to win / lose based on the respective ratings, is enough. It works perfectly well in complex games such as Forged Alliance and is being used today in FAF. It was originally developed for Halo.

Would it have downsides? Not really. The beauty of the system is that it can put 1 unicum and 11 potatoes against 12 average players in an instant. Or any combination thereof leading to a better distribution of ratings. It will not look at class distribution, performance per class or anything else but rating based on expected performance. This would also mean that when you're thrown against uneven odds, your rating doesn't decrease on a loss or at least less than it would when you had an even or stronger team. As long as you outperform the systems expectations your rating rises, until the point where you perform as predicted and you rating settles.

I personally don't have an issue with WoWs matchmaking right now, but playing balanced battles would be a lot more interesting in the long run.

The System tends to Force itself into Ladder and League Systems.

Because you get Matched with Players of the same Skill Level. You tend to not be able to actually Remain in the High Skill Level.

Because no matter how good you are. When you are Matched with People that are just as Good. You will still Go back to 50% Winratio at some Point.

So this is wrong and proves that you do not understand how the rating system works. A win or loss does not mean an equal amount of points lost or gained. Your rating ends up where it needs to be.

For example, someone outperforms the systems expectation because he only plays divisions in his favorite ship. You will say but that's unfair, because he is really a potato when playing solo. However his rating is accurate for what he does. If he does start to play solo in different ships, his rating will take a big hit on every loss because he gets massacred by players with worse rating.

[P-W-C]
Players
4,681 posts
26,271 battles
3 hours ago, Merlin851526 said:

Nah, less unpredictable crazy players - better gameplay. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WASP_]
Players
292 posts
44 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Nah, less unpredictable crazy players - better gameplay. 

Then you don't understand how this works. say for instance all the 40% people disappear from the player pool now. Who's going to fill that void? well obviously what remains,  the high win rate players and unicums . Now when they face off each other your going to have the same dynamic all over again. You yourself might now find yourself a 40% player then what?  Moreover you may be told to get gud and openly abused for your win rate. Hell if some people have their way you won't even be allowed outside co-op to play anymore. So if I were you I would be careful for what you wish for.

• Cool 1

[1701]
Players
18 posts
2,826 battles
1 saat önce, Merlin851526 dedi:

Then you don't understand how this works. say for instance all the 40% people disappear from the player pool now. Who's going to fill that void? well obviously what remains,  the high win rate players and unicums . Now when they face off each other your going to have the same dynamic all over again. You yourself might now find yourself a 40% player then what?  Moreover you may be told to get gud and openly abused for your win rate. Hell if some people have their way you won't even be allowed outside co-op to play anymore. So if I were you I would be careful for what you wish for.

This game not about ''win rate'' its about fun, i rather lose game with better players than winning with potato players, Quality game(time) >> Win rate

i can understand some players cant play well also cant improve themself they just fun with sailing around watching sky etc and i am okay with that, my problem is why am i force to play with them? atleast %10-20 percent of my game ruining by potato players and i feel like i just wasting my time, normal times i try to dont care but when i was full dragon and mosaic its really frustating.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,691 posts
4 minutes ago, Legend__md said:

atleast %10-20 percent of my game ruining by potato players and i fell like i just wasting my time, normal times i try to dont care but when i was full dragon and mosaic its really frustating.

More like 60-80% over the last few weeks. You can solo kill half the enemy team and it still does not matter, because the glue eating idiots ALWAYS manage to find away to throw the game. I really don't understand how they do it most of the time, but they always find a way. 

WG has to do something about them tho, because they literally drive the better players away from the game. And when all the good players are gone its going to be a idiot party in randoms and ranked. Even the idiots does not like to play that. They like to get carried and think they did something useful for their team. Just imagine like 8 BB's sitting still full broadside missing each other for 20 minutes. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1