You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Philippe Auboyneau has entered the Armory!

18 comments in this topic

Players
706 posts
5,022 battles

Judging by that brief biography, he was a gallant and principled man. I might find out more about him.

[TORAZ]
Players
47 posts
39,272 battles

So i used it on daring in ranked and somehow a heal is added when activated skill +1 Consumable, and i can't use it. The heal icon goes dark and it's not available 

, as in I can't use it.. -.-

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
47 minutes ago, Dobbel0 said:

So i used it on daring in ranked and somehow a heal is added when activated skill +1 Consumable, and i can't use it. The heal icon goes dark and it's not available 

, as in I can't use it.. -.-

Special commanders don't have their perks active in ranked & clan battles, as that would lead to unbalanced performance (aka: huge benefit for the player who has them). Only the improved skills (like Jack of All Trades or Expert Marksman) are active, IIRC.

[TORAZ]
Players
47 posts
39,272 battles

Weird that Kuznetzov russian workes, will to Victory skill initiate in ranked... It also says it doesn't work in Clan battles and training room, nothing about ranked. Confusing stuff from WG 

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,889 battles
14 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Special commanders don't have their perks active in ranked & clan battles

Incorrect. They are active in Ranked, just not CB.

[TORAZ]
Players
47 posts
39,272 battles

That is what i thought, so this have to be a bug or set not to work as a mistake

Players
2,981 posts
21,496 battles

I'm a bit conflicted whether he is worth getting as I rarely play French ships but as the same time the captain perks look good, the question for me is he good enough to justify the coal and then give the French ships another go.

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

175k coal for a 10-skill captain is WAY OVERPRICED.

However, if WG will keep the price or lower it depends on the players themselves.

I won't be giving that much for a 10-skill captain for sure.

• Cool 2

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
32 minutes ago, 300ConfirmedKills said:

Screw this rubbish. Balance him and put him in a campaign like Yamamoto and Halsey.

Can't do comrade. Doesn't bring rubles.

The only way they would put commanders back into campaign would be if you had to pay doubloons for each mission attempt.

I mean.. I don't want to get them ideas but it's quite obvious they only care about profit. The days when they cared about the player-base have long passed and are not coming back.

Players
188 posts
9,695 battles
12 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Discover more about the biography of the new unique Commander.

Read it on the portal

Why do you keep promoting this stuff ? can't you see the most of the players dont like the way things are done by WG? 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
209 posts
4,108 battles
20 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Discover more about the biography of the new unique Commander.

Read it on the portal

What I would like answers to is WHY are these unique commanders so UNREASONABLY expensive.

175k coal for a 10 point captain...outrageous. Casual players, like me who don't (can't) play WoWS for hours and hours each day (and therefore don't have a Clan, and even if I had one I don't have time for CBs) can hardly gather enough coal to get these guys, especially if we want to also purchase superior upgrades for our ships, not to mention signals, camo, containers, etc...

A lot of us have pretty much zero chance of buying EVEN ONE Smolensk, Stalingrad, or any of the other tier 9-10 premium ships with the meager coal we can gather...And let's no Kidd ourselves, playing ranked for steel is pretty out of a casual players' league...as the better players beat the crap out of us.

So, all in all, these captains are atrociously expensive and should be cheaper so other can afford them as well.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Players
47 posts
39,272 battles

It's a grind for free captain. Lots of stuff you can complain about , this is not one of them. This event have been great, altho if you missed out on the grind i do agree 170k coal is a lot

[BHSFL]
Players
1,011 posts
On 3/2/2020 at 8:56 PM, lovelacebeer said:

I'm a bit conflicted whether he is worth getting as I rarely play French ships but as the same time the captain perks look good, the question for me is he good enough to justify the coal and then give the French ships another go.

Well, here is the thing ... Auboyneau is a DD captain as his talents are more DD oriented and a gunboat DD at that and honestly, after getting Guépard unlocked via some missions I ... rather NOT play then and Honoré  brothers are far cheaper and are more flexible as Auboyneau unique talents are pretty much only going to really work on gunboat DD.

• Cool 1