You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue

Why is Mogador performing so bad ?

85 comments in this topic

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

In my last dozen of battles, I watched again and again the team who host more Mogador.s tend to lose.

The ship is BIG, crap stealth, meh guns, and from my experience, from all what I watched, is constantly focused.

That seems to make this ship a liability for most teams, since the ship can't spot (get out-spotted by almost everything) ,   meh damage with cannons, meh torps, and only manage to make some kills in certain, especial circumstances.

I ask the owners of Mogador, how do you feel toward this ship ?

Do you think is a competitive, strong boat ?

( PS - see typical result - team with 2 Mogador vs team with only 1 )

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.08.13 - 11.00.34.46.png

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,261 posts
14,831 battles
1 minute ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Yes, I do think this. But most of the Mogador you currently see are somehow "bought" and common playerbase tends to fail with new ships/designs.

• Cool 1

[OP]
Privateer
282 posts
27,324 battles

Because most people who have the Mogador at this moment find it hard to use the kiting cruiser as a similar playstyle as that of a khabarovsk. Which is not to sit in caps like most DDs. But to run, shoot, run, shoot.

Have you statchecked the players? I mean not to statsham the users. But globally people who have bought it either have to much money or are not very skilled and just free exp their way up to the tier 10s.
You'll find some players with mogador who do generally well since they know their concealment is not the best and thus they play more carefull. Just gotto get lucky i guess.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,395 posts
14,580 battles

Have played the Morgador and currently testing the Kleber. (Work in progress)

In my personal opinion these ships are just quite hard to play. No parking in smoke, always moving and wigling while avoiding to hit an island and trying to hit something with that slow shells. And getting focused by the (very rare) CV.

Then I see some CC doing miracles with these ships and I conclude - the ship is good, but I'm the potato. And I'm probably not the only one. :D

• Cool 4

[--]
Players
1,526 posts
21,742 battles

Wows numbers suggest Mogador is not performing badly at all.

And I would hardly blame 2 mogadors on your team for being crushed in that match you posted.

• Cool 1

[DD537]
Players
1,403 posts
18,767 battles

Well, French DD style is similar to Khabarovsk. You are fast light cruiser without citadel. They have slightly better armament but no heal. 

And we all know what exactly impact single kiteing ship have. 

In addition speed booster + short ranged but very usable torpedoes can easily result in over extending and getting closer to the reds which will focus targets, especially DDs. 

From what I've seen from lower tiers of them they have very unique play style. Just give time so people to get used to them. 

• Cool 1

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles

JUst play dem as toineh charles martels and henri 4’s.

at least thats what i see to get something out of them.

Players
4,281 posts
14,532 battles

Why does any ship perform badly? Because it’s played by the potato player base. 

Mogador is is a great ship. Love it. Murders other DD’s and annoys the living :etc_swear: out of larger surface ships.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,404 posts
13,618 battles
1 hour ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

In my last dozen of battles, I watched again and again the team who host more Mogador.s tend to lose.

The ship is BIG, crap stealth, meh guns, and from my experience, from all what I watched, is constantly focused.

That seems to make this ship a liability for most teams, since the ship can't spot (get out-spotted by almost everything) ,   meh damage with cannons, meh torps, and only manage to make some kills in certain, especial circumstances.

( PS - see typical result - team with 2 Mogador vs team with only 1 )

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.08.13 - 11.00.34.46.png

As said, many of the Mogadors on the server right now is below average players or players that refuse to understand these are not Russian DD and shouldnt be played that way. Its a brand new way to play DDs and you have to be really smart with your positioning and engagements, thats why you see many fail in them. That said I also see some skilled players playing them and they Wreck the enemy team and pretty much kill of the red teams whole DD fleet. 

I have a review of the T6, Geupard on my Youtube channel listed below where I showcase how to play them and show many situations where I set up perfect ambushes on enemy DDs. In the T6 Geupard I tend to take out 2-3 enemy DDs each round (as you can see in the screenshots in the thread below), and thats the tier 6!!!

Heres my review of the T6, Geupard where I showcase many ambush situations where I take out enemy DDs. In one of them it me against 1 Aigle 1 IJN DD and 1 Dallas and I kill both DDs and survive the engagement and the game.

Just imagine the T9 or 10. I cant wait to get my hands on these!!!

• Cool 1

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,109 battles
2 hours ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

You answered your own question, with the correct answer.

I do not like it.

a average day in The Office

image.thumb.png.db07812b130c714ab79acc5646b71da7.png

Any one thats says its " strong " Prove it, in here !

~~

Oh and BTW Geupard seems a much better gun boat to me.

[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,273 battles

For those who had the LeTerrible before, it's much easier. This line for me will be fun.

Players
3,650 posts

DD's without smoke, criminal, once took my Le Terrible out in co op, got wrecked in less than 5 minutes,  never again, now I am stuck with three more French DD's, probably can't sell them, mere port decorations, no smoke no go.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
7,967 posts
16,836 battles

Being used to 'normal' DDs, I wasn't expecting to like the new French ones; after a few plays (up to T7 only, admittedly) my view is changing - they do seem rather fun, although I still suck royally in them.

The crucial thing is that they play almost nothing like a conventional DD, and that is going to cause a lot of people (including me) difficulty, as you have to learn a new playstyle - a high skill level one too to boot.

Presumably, once the initial enthusiasm has died down, they'll become a bit of a 'niche' thing; ordinary players will continue to dabble, and the unicums will be terrifying in them...

[SM0KE]
Players
7,967 posts
16,836 battles
2 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

DD's without smoke, criminal

It's not completely ridiculous - the TRB build for some of the IJN torp boats can work well (e.g. Kagero), although they have much better inherent stealth to work with.

As you know, I'm not a good player, and the approach that seems to be most promising for me so far is to try and act like a very fast cruiser: dash between cover, making use of your guns in brief bursts before breaking contact again - the reload booster (as others have said) is very helpful if you can manage to ambush an enemy DD (or light cruiser). You are ludicrously fast too - at full-tilt and at longer ranges, the amount of lead required to hit you with guns is huge, and can be made use of. Also, the 8km torps can be quite useful at times.

For the discerning potato (so, me), they are a very long way from being easy mode, but I do think they're worth playing...

[OHFK]
[OHFK]
Beta Tester
280 posts
8,237 battles

Its a burst ship that cant take sustained damage, and the first of its kind (or line), afflicted with having such a playstyle. 

Plan your 'run', do as much burst damage as you can, run, conceal, and repeat. 

Getting permaspotted by a CV is usually a death sentence. 

• Cool 4

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,109 battles
28 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

For those who had the LeTerrible before, it's much easier. This line for me will be fun.

I actually liked Le Terrible, and yes it was a lot of fun, how ever its just not competitive, when your fighting Kitakaze,s and such if it didnt get up tiered so much it would be more enjoyable, but that is the same story as yesterday and the day before. 

• Cool 1

Players
224 posts
9,002 battles

Flambass has a video out where he's in a div with another Mogador and a Black, they do well obviously but at the end of the video he does state it's hard when on your own.

I'd take this as due to slow default reload and short range torps you need some sort of support, such as if the team is doing well you can take advantage of distracted ships but if your team has done poorly it'll be an uphill task to get a win.

• Cool 2

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,109 battles
46 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

DD's without smoke, criminal, once took my Le Terrible out in co op, got wrecked in less than 5 minutes,  never again, now I am stuck with three more French DD's, probably can't sell them, mere port decorations, no smoke no go.

To my way of thinking and playing its not a dd, its more a poor light cruiser in play style, the issues for me are as already stated 

your out spotted, your torpedoes have a very small window to fire from stealth, and although, I hate sitting in smoke and am always up for a gun fight with any one, the guns are just ( only just ) to slow for knife fighting and the damage is not special IFHE build didn't seem to help much.

I even tried it as a Ambush,er  but the problem was :- with a .9 torp window it seemed like I was suicide and gave up, having more success playing it as a light cruiser, much to the annoyance,

of the " J line I need Intelligence brigade " ( what a true statement you make my friends )   

image.thumb.png.22ce1b5615a3ac5d6b4d1b1208a3c1bf.png

I suspect in testing it was so over powered is was scary and nerfed to death, Pity really I wanted it to be awesome.

The one thing I do like are the semi front firing torp angles 

image.thumb.png.afac64361597030442795bf0699de641.png

[NWP]
Players
1,627 posts
13,626 battles

I saw the Mogador being played today in two of my ranked. The same player. First match (Victory) he was on the green team and second match (Defeat). On the second match he was on the red team. Complimented him both times. He carried both games.

I have played against them. I killed two with torps. But ... you need a bit of luck to do so. 

I also played it twice in Ranked and had a victory. It is not an easy ship to play. You have to forget all you know about DDs. My first match was a disaster. Second match a lot better. But I did forget all I knew about DDs. 

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,273 battles
11 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Its a meh ship from a meh line

If you don't like Khaba flank playstyle - yeah maybe. But I love it and it'll be a very fun line.