You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - Submarines

267 comments in this topic

[LEWD]
Community Contributor
61 posts
32,728 battles

Sounds promising, I for one LOVED the submarines during the Halloween event, so at least I hope we get to see subs in that form again (PvE / scenario / operations).

• Cool 5

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

Byebye WoWs... was fun while it lasted... sometimes atleast :Smile_sad:

Can only hope they need a few years to get them into randoms:cap_yes: For sure they wont be getting it right anyway :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[--]
Players
1,526 posts
21,742 battles

Well this is it for me than. It was good while it lasted :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 6

[NOCAP]
Players
24 posts
14,906 battles
23 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

our players are highly interested in submarines and we should be engaged in full development

Yes, most Players said that the event was fun and only few wanted them in the normal game, but ok.

Seems like you "learned" from your widely appreciated CVs

But hey, i don't own the game, so do whatever (rather than listening to the community)

• Cool 8

Players
6 posts
4,108 battles

Yeah, I'll be leaving too if they ever implement this fully. I'm fine with a seperate game mode but not in randoms, they can't even balance four classes they will never get five to work in my lifetime. I'm tired of all the gimmicks anyway, I was just looking for a game that has historical ship models and decent graphics, since there is nothing like that out there afaik. But I guess this game was never meant to be that. A shame.

• Cool 10

Players
313 posts
20,696 battles

Well, well a new way to screw this game arrive. Good work Wargamming. U are really uselles bunch of misfits, who knows nothing about game development!

When you implemented this, you will lose thousands of players I hope. 

RIP World of warships!

• Cool 6
  • Bad 2

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,290 posts
4,378 battles

Hey guys,

Later on, you will be able to see more about the subs, and how to counter them. Also, I'd like to bring back your atention to the fact that they will be available in a separate mode, after closed testing and special server testing to ensure that their configuration will be the best as possible.

Thanks for your understanding,

• Cool 20
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

Players
2,261 posts
4,451 battles

Good news, I just wat to say to WG to tak your time and do things slowly to not mess this up. Also, when the submarines will be added into the main game, please, make this a free perma-camo, LOL. #Operation Petticoat

USS_Balao_standing_in_for_Operation_Pett

• Cool 2

[--]
Players
1,526 posts
21,742 battles
2 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

after closed testing and special server testing to ensure that their configuration will be the best as possible.

Like you did with CVs?

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,290 posts
4,378 battles
Just now, quickr said:

Like you did with CVs?

Not exactly. As CV's were not in a separate mode. 

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts
Just now, quickr said:

Like you did with CVs?

There were a separate mode for CVs? When?

Players
67 posts
6,124 battles

So basicly, We will have normal random battles, and then another mode that has subs in? and will it forever be separated?
How about ranked? will they ever allow subs? or will there be seprate ranked sesstions that allow subs along sides normal ranked?

Players
313 posts
20,696 battles
Před 1 minutou Tanatoy řekl/a:

Hey guys,

Later on, you will be able to see more about the subs, and how to counter them. Also, I'd like to bring back your atention to the fact that they will be available in a separate mode, after closed testing and special server testing to ensure that their configuration will be the best as possible.

You dont care about feedback and test results anyway, so why bother. You always do it your way, even when it is obviously broken.

• Cool 9
  • Bad 1

WG Staff
2,392 posts
4,450 battles
1 minute ago, Vinyl_ScratchPlays said:

So basicly, We will have normal random battles, and then another mode that has subs in? and will it forever be separated?
How about ranked? will they ever allow subs? or will there be seprate ranked sesstions that allow subs along sides normal ranked?

Once introduced, the new class will initially be available in a special separate battle type only and this final configuration stage will last for several months.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 5
  • Angry 1

[NOCAP]
Players
24 posts
14,906 battles
1 minute ago, WG_Lumberjack said:

Once introduced, the new class will initially be available in a special separate battle type only and this final configuration stage will last for several months.

X Doubt

Surely you will find a way to sell the rushed subs to the players in randoms

• Cool 9

[--]
Players
1,526 posts
21,742 battles
Just now, Tanatoy said:

Not exactly. As CV's were not in a separate mode. 

But you did "your best" and we are still live testing it, 8 months later.

I just can't see this as something good for the game. Sorry, i just can't. All the latest releases and announcements make me highly pessimistic that subs will be a good addition to the game. Sure it's in separate mode, but it won't be long until you find a way to bring them into randoms and start selling those sweet premiums, right?

What is the basis for introducing subs into the game? Fun element? Was the separate Halloween (was it Halloween? can't remember) mod so popular? Did players write numerous post on forum and reddit how they want subs in the game?

Historical reference? Subs were primarily convoy sinkers, merchant raiders.

• Cool 9

WG Staff
2,392 posts
4,450 battles
3 minutes ago, Halborn said:

Do not take anything WG says for granted. "Several months" of testing can turn into "several weeks" and so on.

Proves exactly nothing.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5
  • Angry 1

[NOCAP]
Players
24 posts
14,906 battles
Just now, WG_Lumberjack said:

Proves exactly nothing.

except it does and you know it, but can't say anything of relevance about it, because good 'oll Victor Kislyi woundn't like you to say anything about it

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
1,257 posts
14,351 battles
34 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Hey guys,

Now i myself am a fan of implementing subs, even in randoms, but i can see why some people would not be. 

Got a couple of intermediate suggestions though that could be an outcome for both: 

1. Make a separate game mode ( "random- Submarines" ) where you can enter with both submarines and regular ships. Entering with regular ships will grant you something like submarine free XP, while playing with subs grants you regular XP. To research the next sub, you'd need a certain amount of "submarine free xp" and the regular Xp, such that you need to play both normal ships and submarines in that mode to upgrade your subs. 
2. I think nearly all of the true submarine fans would be fine if subs were restricted to coop, coop & operations, or at the very least completely excluded from ranked & clan battles. 
3. If you put them in random battles, please add them onto the regular 12 players, such that those 12 can have a "normal" battle. Then add 1-2 subs (2 being the max IMO). 

I am a huge fan of submarines being added to the game, honestly, and i'll preorder your german premium sub if you got one for me. But i'd really like to see submarines get into a better spot than CVs currently are. 
I also really like CVs, but i think how those are received by the majority of the playerbase is terrible from various perspectives. 

Grtz I_Y

P.S. In terms of balancing i think subs should be much slower than they were in the halloween event. That may seem frustrating for sub players, but will end up to be fine

P.P.S. i strongly suggest you wait with selling premiums until subs have found a clear place, unlike the CVs

P.P.P.S Graf_Zur_See you're a bit pathetic for insta-disliking every of my posts simply because i say something you don't like. lets have a discussion and you'll find i don't think nearly as black and white as you do. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1