BLUB__BLUB

Two potatoes looking for clan.

18 comments in this topic

[BBMM]
Players
6,120 posts
8,038 battles

We're two potatoes looking for a casual potato kind of clan.

Must be Dutch or English speaking. We potato around a bit and are active players.

Looking to learn a bit if we can, but hey, we are potatoes, so are you probably, so please no fussing about being a potato. 

We do like to dakka dakka a lot and believe if you hide behind islands and want no scratches on the paint, well... 

THEN THERE'S NO USE PLAYING BOOM BOOM and maybe you should go play chess or something :Smile_trollface:

We do like CB and have some TX but not all of them. Will get more. We like to play!

We are father (48) and son (15 but used to faul language) and often div together, will div up with anyone.

Have a look at the stats:

https://wows-numbers.com/player/552033702,BLUB__BLUB/ this is me the old fart. I like BBs, CV and cruisers (not all...)

https://wows-numbers.com/player/545071696,boat73/ he'll play mostly DDs and cruisers and he's better than me.

We prefer TS above Discord because we get all kinds of commercials and we think it is a resource-hog.

But if you have a way of installing it without all kinds of BS adds and crap it's OK to use it.

Players
1,055 posts
12,099 battles

Hi Blub_Blub, 

I think we could give you some paint to brush up those figures if you'd want to ;) and of course that means getting Bob Ross inspired training sessions haha
The idea of training should be that you feel you get better at the game and then if the figures actually go up that'd be cool. 

Basically we're always on the lookout for new CB prospects, so if you guys have at least 1 tier X DD or CL each that should be pretty okay already from our end. 

What can we offer in return: 
- Active discord server (yeah, discord, but  no problems with adds) for communication & more
- Clan battles, divisions, operations, training rooms, socials & special contests

- Extended naval base for good bonusses
- and a lot more

I'll send you a PM with a link to our discord for two uses once discord stops acting up (first problem i have with it in the year i'm using it lol) 

Grtz I_Y

[BBMM]
Players
6,120 posts
8,038 battles
5 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Hi Blub_Blub, 

I think we could give you some paint to brush up those figures if you'd want to ;) and of course that means getting Bob Ross inspired training sessions haha
The idea of training should be that you feel you get better at the game and then if the figures actually go up that'd be cool. 

Basically we're always on the lookout for new CB prospects, so if you guys have at least 1 tier X DD or CL each that should be pretty okay already from our end. 

What can we offer in return: 
- Active discord server (yeah, discord, but  no problems with adds) for communication & more
- Clan battles, divisions, operations, training rooms, socials & special contests

- Extended naval base for good bonusses
- and a lot more

I'll send you a PM with a link to our discord for two uses once discord stops acting up (first problem i have with it in the year i'm using it lol) 

Grtz I_Y

Thanks!

Should note that we both DO speak quite good English, we are Dutch though.

So depends a bit what time you play. But I guess EU server should be all 1-2 hours difference at the most.

I had discord before, it gave lots of resource-hogging and all kinds of pop-ups. If you know how to fix that, allrighty.

He is a DD main, has Grozovoi, Z-52 and close to Daring + Gearing. 
As for cruisers he has T8, grinding US heavies.

I like BBs, CVs, and some cruisers. I have Conqkek and Salem.

I'm close to getting Mino. (close to Midway CV too... it's gonna happen in CB... so better have it ready).

I'm grinding the US light cruisers. I utterly suck at DDs (I just LOL around a bit in lower tiers).

Training sounds nice (and sure will do), might not be as bad as it seems though:

I don't know why my stats are pretty crap. Or actually, I sort of DO know. 

I mostly play in weekends, 99% of the games are in div with Boat73. 

What usually happens in weekends is 5-10 min ROFLSTOMP.

You can do plenty damage in a DD with torps in those. But in a BB? 

I've had games as bad as 15k done in Conqkek. I think that even was a WIN... 

How? Well the game lasted ~3 minutes, I went full-on in YOLO, shot ships with HE, they DCP-ed...

The whole red team flees to map border, we take all caps... and after that a few reds get torped (Boat took 2 kills)  and they have ZERO POINTS.

Well, so did I... and this sort of thing happens most of the time. Which is why I got Salem so at least I can practise TX while NOT on premium account.

:Smile_trollface: guess why the difference in PR... I know I'm average but I also think it's kinda BS.

[BBMM]
Players
6,120 posts
8,038 battles
8 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Boat73 is an average. So only 1 🥔

Ask around, I'll blap anything that gets in front of me. I can shoot pretty well.

But hey. Weekends. Welcome to the sub-10-minute ROFLSTOMP. 

Let's calculate a bit. 

Take Hood. Max damage per salvo 11,400 per shel x8, which is > 90k.

But realistically you'll miss 50%, so it's 45k - if you can use full broadside. 

And that's all full damage, so 100% citadels - hmm. Full pens would be 50% again, so 20k.

Now I have done SOME 20k shots, but IMO usually it is more like 5k per shot - if firing all guns.

Take a 10 minute game, and say I can shoot something worthwhile all the time.

Means 20 salvoes, averaging 5k. My max damage would be 100k, right? My record however is 114k.

I think that's not bad, but how to do it more often?

Usually I'll do 38k - means I'm quite down on damage. But also down on PR, as a consequence.

The average damage on Hood serverwide is 48500. My guess is those aren't all weekend warriors,

because I'm usually in top 5 of my random teams. If the game lasts the full 20 minutes I'm usually ~100k.

Sure in weekends you get more blundering broadside CLs too... but I can only blap one every 30 secs.

If you know why, well I hope to find out. 

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,106 battles

@BLUB__BLUB usually games go about 12-15 min, sometimes it's 10min but quite rare.  On the Hood I don't get less than 50k per battle, especially after the buffs it got. Unless I get some nasty Asashio torps or get spammed by Akizuki and melted fast. 

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,120 posts
8,038 battles
15 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

@BLUB__BLUB usually games go about 12-15 min, sometimes it's 10min but quite rare.  On the Hood I don't get less than 50k per battle, especially after the buffs it got. Unless I get some nasty Asashio torps or get spammed by Akizuki and melted fast. 

I dunno where you play then...

Weekends we rarely get anything over 10 minutes. If we do...it is the CV that keeps escaping. :Smile_teethhappy:

Any "reasonable" game I get 50k, no problem. Good game (rare) between 80-100.

Bad game (less rare than a good one) this is what happens:

Let's assume Hood is middle tier here, and it's a game with T6/T7/T8... and you do not get dropped in T9.

You get 4 DDs each side, and you know the last time you are gonna see them is at spawn. All race to cap and are dead in 3 minutes.

You have to be VERY QUICK and you might even grab a piece of DD here if you shoot accurately.

Cruisers have all moved off behind the BBs, and those BBs are sitting bow-on camping nest to a mountain... or both teams lemmingtrain.

What I usually do is try to flank them. Usually I get one or two to give a good spanking, the problem is then they all see me (duh).

And then it is a matter of how long I survive (can be really long, and sometimes I kill a few...) and how long the game lasts.

Usually the game doesn't last long and ends quickly.

I tried all kinds of things, even capping with Hood. Sometimes that is the best option and the most fun.

Follow the DDs to cap (as cruisers will not), blap one, try to escape and find a cruiser to blap.

Sometimes that also ends in sudden death. Ah well. That is why my average on Hood is < 50k. 

I can shoot pretty well with it and it's a good ship. I just dunno what to do about these MEH games.

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,106 battles
10 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I dunno where you play then...

Weekends we rarely get anything over 10 minutes. If we do...it is the CV that keeps escaping. :Smile_teethhappy:

Any "reasonable" game I get 50k, no problem. Good game (rare) between 80-100.

Bad game (less rare than a good one) this is what happens:

Let's assume Hood is middle tier here, and it's a game with T6/T7/T8... and you do not get dropped in T9.

You get 4 DDs each side, and you know the last time you are gonna see them is at spawn. All race to cap and are dead in 3 minutes.

You have to be VERY QUICK and you might even grab a piece of DD here if you shoot accurately.

Cruisers have all moved off behind the BBs, and those BBs are sitting bow-on camping nest to a mountain... or both teams lemmingtrain.

What I usually do is try to flank them. Usually I get one or two to give a good spanking, the problem is then they all see me (duh).

And then it is a matter of how long I survive (can be really long, and sometimes I kill a few...) and how long the game lasts.

Usually the game doesn't last long and ends quickly.

I tried all kinds of things, even capping with Hood. Sometimes that is the best option and the most fun.

Follow the DDs to cap (as cruisers will not), blap one, try to escape and find a cruiser to blap.

Sometimes that also ends in sudden death. Ah well. That is why my average on Hood is < 50k. 

I can shoot pretty well with it and it's a good ship. I just dunno what to do about these MEH games.

I play the same amount of battles on weekend as well as on week days (those 2 weekend days I play as much as on 5 week days...) 

The problem is that we have vacation, so the effect is 2x. That’s why I’m not playing now, from 14th of July zero battles. That’s weird thing in my case, normally I’m playing 140-150 battles a week. 

[BBMM]
Players
6,120 posts
8,038 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

I play the same amount of battles on weekend as well as on week days (those 2 weekend days I play as much as on 5 week days...) 

The problem is that we have vacation the effect is 2x. That’s why I’m not playing now, from 14th of July zero battles. That’s weird thing in my case, normally I’m playing 140-150 battles a week. 

So, we can say you'd agree that playing on weekends mostly is detrimental to your WR and so on.

I play 90% weekends... usually with my son who likes DDs. Here's mine:

1951049401_holidaystats.thumb.JPG.13fe129397aa19b8e030aa7d95592761.JPG

I played 120 battles over the holidays... seems I'm better than what else plays WoWS during holidays. 

I do div up with others (when Boat plays horror like Supermario on PS4) or play solo. 

Boat73 played 55 battles, mostly DD and all his games are in div with me:

1451075081_holidaystatsBoat73.thumb.JPG.c07c423857645ff7fd0cab4b022fd267.JPG

If you check "divisions"rate you can see we win ~65-70% of battles, me in CV, BB or cruiser and him usually in DD.

My PR in BB is still bad, because of not enough damage. Games just end too quickly. I cant push out shells fast enough. 

[BBMM]
Players
6,120 posts
8,038 battles

@BLUB__BLUB I do agree, that’s why it’s harder to improve your stats playing only in weekend. 

I hope you can survive the withdrawal effects though... 

I don't care about my stats, as I know I'm just about average. 

So I'm not looking to improve them - because I know (or think I know) WHY they are like that.

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,106 battles
2 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I hope you can survive the withdrawal effects though... 

I don't care about my stats, as I know I'm just about average. 

So I'm not looking to improve them - because I know (or think I know) WHY they are like that.

You have also bit lower hit rate on main guns than my one. But it’s not dramatically lower. You can improve but statistically it won’t be a gigantic change (in those 3 years when I first looked at my stats I did improve from 800 PR to 1555 PR, from 28k to almost 59k dmg on average and WR from 48% to 56%) but if I would be playing only in weekend - the change would be much smaller. 

[BBMM]
Players
6,120 posts
8,038 battles

You have also bit lower hit rate on main guns than my one. But it’s not dramatically lower. You can improve but statistically it won’t be a gigantic change (in those 3 years when I first looked at my stats I did improve from 800 PR to 1555 PR, from 28k to almost 59k dmg on average and WR from 48% to 56%) but if I would be playing only in weekend - the change would be much smaller. 

Well, I can hit quite good (ask @DFens_666 and @NothingButTheRain when we did Narai) but I think hitrate can be improved if:

- I do not shoot at DDs in cap (8 guns and MAYBE one shell hits...);

- I do not spam campers that hide behind islands. 

I tend to "waste shots" at unlikely targets, in order to defend DDs, too. As in: shoot at the rocks the reds camp behind, to keep them there.

It's quite effective of sorts, usually they turn the other way or stick behind their rock being useless. (I do that in cruisers, too). 

Players
1,055 posts
12,099 battles
2 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Thanks!

Should note that we both DO speak quite good English, we are Dutch though.

So depends a bit what time you play. But I guess EU server should be all 1-2 hours difference at the most.

I had discord before, it gave lots of resource-hogging and all kinds of pop-ups. If you know how to fix that, allrighty.

He is a DD main, has Grozovoi, Z-52 and close to Daring + Gearing. 
As for cruisers he has T8, grinding US heavies.

I like BBs, CVs, and some cruisers. I have Conqkek and Salem.

I'm close to getting Mino. (close to Midway CV too... it's gonna happen in CB... so better have it ready).

I'm grinding the US light cruisers. I utterly suck at DDs (I just LOL around a bit in lower tiers).

Training sounds nice (and sure will do), might not be as bad as it seems though:

I don't know why my stats are pretty crap. Or actually, I sort of DO know. 

I mostly play in weekends, 99% of the games are in div with Boat73. 

What usually happens in weekends is 5-10 min ROFLSTOMP.

You can do plenty damage in a DD with torps in those. But in a BB? 

I've had games as bad as 15k done in Conqkek. I think that even was a WIN... 

How? Well the game lasted ~3 minutes, I went full-on in YOLO, shot ships with HE, they DCP-ed...

The whole red team flees to map border, we take all caps... and after that a few reds get torped (Boat took 2 kills)  and they have ZERO POINTS.

Well, so did I... and this sort of thing happens most of the time. Which is why I got Salem so at least I can practise TX while NOT on premium account.

:Smile_trollface: guess why the difference in PR... I know I'm average but I also think it's kinda BS.

Well, plenty of stuff to chat about thats always good. 

As it happens to be, im dutch too, as are a couple of other members so if things keep going like this we'll soon have a dutch subdivision in our clan haha

Gonna send you a PM with a discord invite, i myself will probably be on tonight for a bit (and otherwise you can always find someone in my place). 

I've never had so much issues with the pop ups etc so we'll see what we can do about that ;) 

Grtz I_Y

[BBMM]
Players
6,120 posts
8,038 battles
2 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

sometimes it's 10min but quite rare.

We just had a 7-minute loss, Boat took Texas and I took Furious.

Our team went into a corner, reds capped the whole thing and no matter what we did we lost.

Boat even went into the cap, made 2nd circle before game ended. :Smile_veryhappy:

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,106 battles
18 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

We just had a 7-minute loss, Boat took Texas and I took Furious.

Our team went into a corner, reds capped the whole thing and no matter what we did we lost.

Boat even went into the cap, made 2nd circle before game ended. :Smile_veryhappy:

7 min ?!

11968D09-90D3-4FA8-9451-FAD2F3167BB2.jpeg

[BBMM]
Players
6,120 posts
8,038 battles
3 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

7 min ?!

11968D09-90D3-4FA8-9451-FAD2F3167BB2.jpeg

Could have been far less if I hadn't rocketed just about any red ship in the circles.

One of those games that you go: should I really reset cap, or torp/set fire to the fattest BB I can find?

[TB-PF]
[TB-PF]
Players
76 posts
8,953 battles

Hi,we are recruting new members! we are a multinational clan with players all over EU ! come join us for some clan bonuses ! your only comitment is to connect to discord and be responsive to chat and banter on discord ! if this invite caught your attention please give me a chat on discord or any available recruter od vice admiral ! this is our discord adress ->https://discord.gg/nQTgcJS