Thejagdpanther

Shima legendary...

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
123 posts
3,006 battles

... it is useless.
I mean, ok for the reload but the -80% turning is gargantuan and pointless.
Now that torpboats are become more UP it need a buff to -60%.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
8,777 posts
44,697 battles

Put the accuracy module on 3rd slot, so it's -60% after that. It's bad in some close quarters situations. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,469 posts
4,794 battles

Personally, I don't think you should view Shimakaze's LegMod as being an 'upgrade': if you do, you're going to be disappointed.

Like basically all other LegMods, its main design is to change how you play the ship.

In Shima's case the 'best' way you should be playing the ship is to use the 12km torps, as they are the most effective weapon for dealing damage. BUT if you try using the LegMod with the 12km torps, you're just going to find yourself frustrated by the slow torpedo traverse.

Now, take note that the 20km torps actually have a faster base reload than the 12kms, combined with the TAE skill and the LegMod should get you chucking out 20km mines much more often. Furthermore, at the distance at which you are launching the 20kms in the general direction of your enemies you don't really care about the traverse rate. Essentially, the LegMod turns your Shima from your run-of-the-mill IJN DD into something that can blanket whole areas of the map and make it difficult for the enemy to manuver.

Enemy DD too close? Smoke up and run, maybe pew-pew him a bit if he's dedicated to chasing you, but you're not a gunboat by any stretch of the imagination.

Torpedo spotting range is too big? Doesn't matter. You can still score hits if the enemy weren't prepared for them. You can even hit DDs and CA/CLs (which is not something a certain other 20km torp-launching DD can do). Ultimately your purpose with the 20km fishies is not to deal direct damage, but to force your opponents to change course and speed, making them vulnerable to ally support fire.

Am I suggesting that the 20km torp Shima is a 'good' way to play the ship? Not at all. If you want to be competitive, use the 12km torps (if you're brave, use the F3s).

What I am saying is that the LegMod makes the 20km torps a more interesting option over your standard tryhard set-up.

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,597 posts
21,623 battles
On 8/15/2019 at 6:15 PM, Thejagdpanther said:

Thanks for the reply.
Ill try to 16km torp (have cap skill)

For the love of god don't.

The 20km torps with their 2.7km concealment are garbage, weather you run TA or not.

And since you're ideally chucking the fishies from under 10km the extra range isn't that useful either.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
123 posts
3,006 battles
On 8/16/2019 at 11:07 PM, rnat said:

For the love of god don't.

The 20km torps with their 2.7km concealment are garbage, weather you run TA or not.

And since you're ideally chucking the fishies from under 10km the extra range isn't that useful either.

i try them and damn was bad :D

for one time i have to give a big +1 to wg since i have done the mistake of sell the legendary and after open a ticket they give it back to me.
So I will keep it just in case they will fix the useless turnspeed

• Cool 3

[BOBS3]
Beta Tester
519 posts
19,479 battles

Lock your armament using ctrl-x to th side of the ship you are going to be presenting to the enemy, unlock using x as you hull turn .

Players
8 posts
23,360 battles

okay, this is a little older thread but i found that could be an error in calculating. 80% of 6s are 4.8s, 6s + 4.8s = 10.8s. Would be great to know how WG get 30s econds

Players
2,469 posts
4,794 battles
11 hours ago, Doc__Strange said:

okay, this is a little older thread but i found that could be an error in calculating. 80% of 6s are 4.8s, 6s + 4.8s = 10.8s. Would be great to know how WG get 30s econds

Because it's not based on the time it takes to turn 180o, rather it's based on the rate of turn, measured in o/s.

So, if Shima's torps tubes take 6s to turn 180o, then their turning rate is 30o/s.

Take 80% off of 30 and you get 6, to turn 180o at 6o/s would take 30s.

There you go.

[OCTO]
Players
123 posts
22,198 battles

It simply is not an upgrade, actually an insult, shima is an easy target if spotted anyway with the leggy module it means you cannot fire guns or torps at alll in self defence, it would simply be sensible to scrap it and for WG to go away and look at a dictionary to understand the meaning of upgrade. After that they can try again with this module.

Players
2,975 posts
16,141 battles
On 8/18/2019 at 10:04 AM, Thejagdpanther said:

So I will keep it just in case they will fix the useless turnspeed

You may want to try it.

Now when they changed it from 80% to 70% it is usable. Still slow as :etc_swear: but usable with 12km torps, not good for 8km F3 DD fights.

10% seems nothing but it was 20% of a base speed and now its 30% so it is 50% more then 20 and it feels way faster then before as I could not aim and turn my ship, now I can turn and still keep the aim on more or less.

• Cool 1