Server Restart - On the 17/09 the server will be unavailable for 1 hour Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Barney_Wobba

Ranked BB

14 comments in this topic

[VNGC]
Players
170 posts
4,427 battles

I've been an avid ranked player since my birth with WoWS. I have noticed though that BB's can park themselves and farm massive damage at the expense of teamplay. So, what I mean is it seems they don't care if we lose or win they just park and carry on and let DD and CL spot and farm the enemy until we are dead or have won the game. 

[VNGC]
Players
170 posts
4,427 battles

I might add, if DD or CL die, they are more likely to get top score due to more intense action and people showing broadside etc etc

[VNGC]
Players
170 posts
4,427 battles

nd how is it that after 18 battled i win maybe 4 each time? it's a bit more than random...

Players
802 posts
7,070 battles

the downside of ranked is that you get more <not very competent players> in your teams than in randoms, the upside is its only a 7v7 so you can carry more than in randoms 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,824 battles
19 minutes ago, Barney_Wobba said:

nd how is it that after 18 battled i win maybe 4 each time? it's a bit more than random...

47 % WR in ranked, 48 % WR in randoms.

Given the smaller sampling size of the former this is well within expected parameters to the point of actually matching.

Secondly, ofc BBs are overpowered - which is not specifically tied to ranking.

How do you think CB would look if not for the limit to 1 BB?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
284 posts
7,362 battles
5 minutes ago, Crooky__ said:

the downside of ranked is that you get more <not very competent players> in your teams than in randoms, the upside is its only a 7v7 so you can carry more than in randoms 

Yes but also the snowball effect of a 6v6 or a 7v7 is bigger so every ship lost counts as 2 in a random battle. Usually the first team to lose a ship is the one losing the battle...

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
7,484 posts
15,973 battles
52 minutes ago, Barney_Wobba said:

BB's can park themselves and farm massive damage at the expense of teamplay.

It's usually the less bright ones that do that - the better BB players realise that if they lose their side's DDs before the enemy does, they're largely blind and therefore deader than plaid...

Players
3,227 posts
19,092 battles
1 hour ago, Barney_Wobba said:

I have noticed though that BB's can park themselves and farm massive damage at the expense of teamplay. 

Billedresultat for bait troll

Also 

*Laughs in Kitakaze*

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
8,225 posts
3 hours ago, Barney_Wobba said:

DD and CL spot and farm the enemy until we are dead or have won the game. 

Well dds are supposed to spot (yes even cls to a degree) ie hunting the enemy dds and screening the (usually large) bb contingent against torps, in return a bb should tank damage and blap enemies, its a team effort...

Players
6,338 posts
12,644 battles
5 hours ago, Barney_Wobba said:

I've been an avid ranked player since my birth with WoWS. I have noticed though that BB's can park themselves and farm massive damage at the expense of teamplay. So, what I mean is it seems they don't care if we lose or win they just park and carry on and let DD and CL spot and farm the enemy until we are dead or have won the game. 

I played a single ranked battle thus far. In my Jutland.

At least I saved a star :cap_popcorn:

But DDs seem to be doing pretty fine anyway. A little bit too fine even. It's the players that are bad in them.

The enemy team the top 3 was filled with DDs exclusively. Unfortunately I was not able to carry this time.

Notice how the BBs are all placed more towards the bottom.

658682991_BBandDDranked.thumb.jpg.5c99872db86ef83b45fe683e22b65d62.jpg

And yes, I know this is just a single battle. But it is one battle more then you have shown :Smile-_tongue:

[VNGC]
Players
170 posts
4,427 battles
On 8/11/2019 at 1:42 AM, havaduck said:

47 % WR in ranked, 48 % WR in randoms.

Given the smaller sampling size of the former this is well within expected parameters to the point of actually matching.

Secondly, ofc BBs are overpowered - which is not specifically tied to ranking.

How do you think CB would look if not for the limit to 1 BB?

Are you quoting my stats since 2014 when i was random newbie? Sure, amazing how bad I was at that time, go NA and I am super Unicron whatever its called.

[VNGC]
Players
170 posts
4,427 battles

As a DD i spot and cap etc, and look out for enemy DD....even if my spec is gunboat like kita GB spec. Same thing, BB can get HUGE damage hits and because some survive to the end they get easy targets.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

I dont understand the problem. BBs farming damage only on other BBs? Can be a problem ofc, BBs should also shoot DDs and certainly focus Cruisers first. But it doesnt work all the time. I had a ranked game today in Musashi, where i did 240k damage, but i couldnt shoot the 2 DDs. They just sat behind islands all game long. And our 2nd DD didnt do anything expect run clueless around on the map. Our Buffalo also didnt support our Black (who tried his best to get rid of the DDs).

I simply couldnt do anything. I parked myself at ~12km from the DDs so their torps couldnt reach me. Trying to keep the other BBs in check, dislodged the Missouri sitting at the Cap waiting to radar.

Luckily, the enemy neptune also tried to farm me and not help his DDs.

So in the end, i basicly solo killed the enemy Musashi and missouri (both >100% of their base HP) and another 40k on their Neptune, while tanking 2,6 million aswell.

The problem is never the class, its the people PLAYING those classes. BBs can be stupid - so can be Cruisers and DDs. But you should never reflect previous losses on your future teammates, thats when you start to be a noob yourself. (ofc if you know someone to be a bad player who does stupid stuff, then you should play around that)