You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jimbomaxi

Epi-f-cking-center.

24 comments in this topic

[PRT]
Players
199 posts
8,882 battles

WoWs, can you please nerf the f-cking Epicenter map? Its absolutely no fun what so ever. Hate it, and of course allways end up in Epic-f-cky-center when playing ranked. Just nerf it for gods sake. Or I am out of this game for good.  

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 4

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,139 battles
3 minutes ago, Jimbomaxi said:

WoWs, can you please nerf the f-cking Epicenter map? Its absolutely no fun what so ever. Hate it, and of course allways end up in Epic-f-cky-center when playing ranked. Just nerf it for gods sake. Or I am out of this game for good.  

inb4 Pete...

• there is no epicenter map. it's a mode.
  • you can't nerf a map. or a mode for that matter...
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 6

[-TPF-]
Players
4,947 posts
20,189 battles

It's not a popular mode, though. Deliberately designed to encourage aggressive play, it's awkward in Randoms and straight up nasty in Ranked.

• Cool 2

Players
543 posts
9,674 battles

Oh god please stop whining about unique-ish gamemodes, because this game already lacks creativity

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
983 posts
10,169 battles

I played one in ranked tonight. I was the only DD. Enemy had 3 radar cruisers while we had none (great balanz WG. more vodka for MM programmers) Suprisingly I survived and we won by a great margin. Again? No thanks. At least not epicenter :)

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
4,947 posts
20,189 battles
58 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

Oh god please stop whining about unique-ish gamemodes, because this game already lacks creativity

Epicentre is no more creative than any other mode.... 

32 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Yeah cause you wanna camp 80% of the battle. No thanks. 

And a mode which invariably ends in ships of both sides embedded in either side of an island 2k apart is an improvement?

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,206 posts
21,869 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

Yeah cause you wanna camp 80% of the battle. No thanks. 

Quite frankly there's rampant camping in Epicenter too. In fact because there is no push or any other dynamic movement on the flanks (since there is no incentive to push) I'm sure camping is actually more prevalent in Epicenter than Domination. That would line up with my experience with this gamemode.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
586 posts
7,928 battles

The worst thing about epicenter is that it makes Khaba useless if you are the only DD. 90% sure defeat. You can choose to prevent the center from being capped by sitting behind an island whole game, while the enemy DD can roam around inside, being useful spotting torping etc. Or, you can do what i do, speedboost up a flank to get the dmg you can before you loose on points

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
335 posts
11,437 battles

Epicenter is awesome, my favorite mode. Standard battle though... I wouldn't care if it went away and never came back.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Players
2,138 posts
14,841 battles
10 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

It's not a popular mode, though. Deliberately designed to encourage aggressive play, it's awkward in Randoms and straight up nasty in Ranked.

I thought that's what we all wanted?

Do we want camper-friendly modes now? I like epicentre and diversity.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
3,605 posts
4,043 battles

Epicenter is better now when all three circles can be capped independently of each other. I still prefer Domination mode, though. If there was an option to eliminate a certain game mode, I just might cross Epicenter off my list - but I'm not sure that it would be a good idea to have such an option. WoWs doesn't have anywhere near the size of the playerbase that WoT has, which means that having the option to avoid certain game modes would probably be hurtful to the matchmaking.

The problem when there's radar imbalance across the teams is quite another matter. It is probably worse in Epicenter mode, though, since all available radars are concentrated in one area.

In the end, and as Taliesn says above, diversity is good for the game. So I for one don't think Epicenter should be removed - but I'm rather pleased with having it appear less often than Domination or Standard games, as is currently the case.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,947 posts
20,189 battles
2 hours ago, Taliesn said:

I thought that's what we all wanted?

Nobody wants static camping games, but mindless aggression is just as bad. The last Ranked sprint was horrid because of the one-dimensional gameplay and the way that it over-emphasised the advantages of certain ships, and that happened because it was in Epicentre mode. 

It's fun as an intermission in normal Random games, especially if you're having a bad run, because the outcome is so random and the game play so bad.... but as a regular event it's awful.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
7,612 posts

IMO it's a really bad mode for DD's. We are expected to go into the epicenter to play sitting ducks and provide the enemy with an opportunity for gunnery/bombing/torpedo target practice. :Smile-angry:

• Cool 3

Players
1,738 posts
15,013 battles
16 hours ago, Jimbomaxi said:

I have to be honest here.

I like it. :Smile_great:

• Bad 1

[SM0KE]
Players
7,526 posts
16,134 battles
17 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

IMO it's a really bad mode for DD's. We are expected to go into the epicenter to play sitting ducks and provide the enemy with an opportunity for gunnery/bombing/torpedo target practice.

This.

As a DD main, I *really* dislike Epicentre; that said, it's almost entirely because a large chunk of people (probably me included) seem to have no idea how to play the mode. I suspect if people stopped trying to play as they would in more campy maps, things would improve rather - of course, I could just be being a delusional optimist.

Players
2,138 posts
14,841 battles
5 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Nobody wants static camping games, but mindless aggression is just as bad. The last Ranked sprint was horrid because of the one-dimensional gameplay and the way that it over-emphasised the advantages of certain ships, and that happened because it was in Epicentre mode. 

It's fun as an intermission in normal Random games, especially if you're having a bad run, because the outcome is so random and the game play so bad.... but as a regular event it's awful.

It is never a regular event, even in ranked, and if you eliminate it you just happen to reduce the number of possible modes, making it all the more boring.

Epicentre in the ranked sprints have been a blast IMO.

And yes, by its own nature it forces ships to get close, and as such some ships are more useful than others, but it is not mindless, or at least it shouldn't be any more mindless than the modes/maps that promote 20km+ camping or island hugging. Modes and maps that also give a clear advantage to other ship types. You are better off camping with a LW Yamato than with a GK. Ditto for Worcesters and Des Moines behind islands. Aren't these modes/maps as toxic/horrid/one-dimensional as epicentre?

Finally, modes/maps and particularly ranked/CWs have always resulted in some ships being a lot more useful than others. I've played a few ranked games over the last two days and I think I've met 1 FdG and not as single Lion or Izumo, for example. Ditto for Ibuki, Roon, Udaloi... but plenty of Georgias, Musashis, Blacks and Benhams.

• Boring 1

Players
921 posts
2,741 battles

I like epicentre mostly because it fits my play style; fast aggressive and mobile.

Really want to see it on ocean and 2 brothers, the last would provide for some hilarious shenanigans!:cap_cool:

But then I subscribe to the same philosophy as my former boss Mattis; be bold, be confident & absolutely have a plan to kill everybody!

And finally to quote Chesty 'we're surrounded? good! now we can shoot in any direction!'

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
586 posts
7,928 battles
5 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Could always replace it with Ocean, the most accurate ma there is:Smile_trollface:

Its my favorite map, too bad its not often you get it anymore.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,544 posts
14,189 battles

Nice Opening post,

Good use of keyboard to bypass profanity filter.

Topic locked!

Next time, it won't be only the topic..!

Gd'day!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1