Sign in to follow this  
booimbuu

Question about iowa

16 comments in this topic

Players
121 posts
5,363 battles

I just got the iowa yesterday and after playing it a bit i have had the issue of my dispersion being INSANLY bad but like sitting at 12 -16 km vs a broadside yama  thats sitting still and one shell going in the middle and all the rest either going infront or behind the hip not over or under but of to the sides like im shooting without lock on is this just how the dispersion works on this ship? is it becous im playing it stock ? never had this before with any of the other bb's in game and the accuray if i compared it to ncal is so insanly bad so just bad luck or am i missing somthing herere ? (exept the ships  in game :p)

[CATS]
Players
32,532 posts
16,289 battles

Iowa is very accurate.

The problem is that many players have difficulty adapting to the slower shells and aim wrong.

Players
1,738 posts
15,017 battles
2 hours ago, booimbuu said:

I just got the iowa yesterday and after playing it a bit i have had the issue of my dispersion being INSANLY bad but like sitting at 12 -16 km vs a broadside yama  thats sitting still and one shell going in the middle and all the rest either going infront or behind the hip not over or under but of to the sides like im shooting without lock on is this just how the dispersion works on this ship? is it becous im playing it stock ? never had this before with any of the other bb's in game and the accuray if i compared it to ncal is so insanly bad so just bad luck or am i missing somthing herere ? (exept the ships  in game :p)

Congratulations on unlocking Iowa, good luck with her.

I do not have a problem with it.

However I do find on all ships dispersion / rng, on some days can be " Interesting "

This is what I spec, if it helps.

image.png.d5ae031bf8eafeddc769a0d657cea265.png 

You could also try some thing call " Ranging " which I am "one of the believers" that thinks it works.

anyway Gods Speed o7

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,052 posts

Played her with and AA setup and reload. Didn't have any problems.

Players
121 posts
5,363 battles
On 8/9/2019 at 9:55 AM, CaptStevSmith said:

Congratulations on unlocking Iowa, good luck with her.

I do not have a problem with it.

However I do find on all ships dispersion / rng, on some days can be " Interesting "

This is what I spec, if it helps.

image.png.d5ae031bf8eafeddc769a0d657cea265.png 

You could also try some thing call " Ranging " which I am "one of the believers" that thinks it works.

anyway Gods Speed o7

yeah have both dispersion things on hence i find it odd that it feels like a downgrade from ncal in terms of accuracy since you have the extra dispersion mod

Players
121 posts
5,363 battles
On 8/10/2019 at 12:02 PM, Casual_CaptainYT said:

Iowa is not that inaccurate. But it has worse sigma then NC thats why it feels like it.

I can post a guide on her on yt:) 

ahh that must be it then quite sad tho the rest of the ship feels way better then ncal especialy the shellspeed kinda sad that it has worse sigma now :(

Players
29 posts
10,390 battles
On 8/11/2019 at 8:50 PM, booimbuu said:

ahh that must be it then quite sad tho the rest of the ship feels way better then ncal especialy the shellspeed kinda sad that it has worse sigma now :(

Yep I know the feeling. But for ranges over 19 km I use HE. HE shells are faster and to be honest you have a hard time to citadel anything but a light cruiser on those ranges.

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
401 posts
7,192 battles
On 8/15/2019 at 12:54 PM, Casual_CaptainYT said:

Yep I know the feeling. But for ranges over 19 km I use HE. HE shells are faster and to be honest you have a hard time to citadel anything but a light cruiser on those ranges.

At 19km both Iowa and Yamato has around 230mm deck armor penetration so plunging fire can and will citadel many BBs and heavy cruisers if hit in the deck around area of the citadel.

Players
29 posts
10,390 battles
8 hours ago, TohtoriP said:

At 19km both Iowa and Yamato has around 230mm deck armor penetration so plunging fire can and will citadel many BBs and heavy cruisers if hit in the deck around area of the citadel.

True but 90% overpens..:/

Players
10,677 posts
12,156 battles
11 hours ago, TohtoriP said:

In practice deck penetration doesn't exist in this game due to ricochet mechanics.

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
401 posts
7,192 battles
13 hours ago, Panocek said:

In practice deck penetration doesn't exist in this game due to ricochet mechanics.

Umm.. are u sure? If that is so then how am I able to citadel BBs at 20km if I get lucky? Armor belt penetration should be impossible at those ranges so it must be deck penetrations?

Players
10,677 posts
12,156 battles
27 minutes ago, TohtoriP said:

Umm.. are u sure? If that is so then how am I able to citadel BBs at 20km if I get lucky? Armor belt penetration should be impossible at those ranges so it must be deck penetrations?

Iowa shells at 20km still pack 440mm of penetration, enough to punch through most armored belts at broadside. And those are one of the weakest hightier BB guns in terms of penetration.

Steeper trajectory due to range also enables underwater pens, making citadel hitbox effectively bigger. Also renders German turtleback armor ineffective.

Based on wowsft arty chart, Iowa/Montana needs to be further than 24km to stop ricocheting off the deck.

Players
8,474 posts
9,386 battles
On 8/11/2019 at 8:49 PM, booimbuu said:

yeah have both dispersion things on hence i find it odd that it feels like a downgrade from ncal in terms of accuracy since you have the extra dispersion mod

US BB don't get the first aiming systems mod, so what?

Sign in to follow this