Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

What WG couldnt deliver to you in 3 years of endless requests, a modder has a done in one day

52 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1,432 posts
9,329 battles

This mod sounds cool. Altought I never had the neccesity to demount all flags from a ship...
HOWEVER I would love a mod which would check on all the flags of my ships to make sure the option "Purchase with money if not available" (that option where you end spending doubloons if you don't have flags in reserve) is off on all of them.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,740 posts
21,065 battles

If only WG could do this on their own but hey maybe they will adopt this mod into the game proper. 

 

Such a demount would be very handy when im completing a mission quickly in scenario or co op 

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,398 posts
24,445 battles

Now we are waiting for a mod for remount of previously demounted signals. The only way WG would have will to do such "improvements" is monetize them by selling in a premium shop. It's sad, but true.

 

Anyway this mod was not made in one day. It has almost 110.000 ??! (yes - 110 thousends) of lines and warning of decompilation I have never seen before. Here is source of this script in .txt file. Unpacked is 4.5 MB of text ... demount_signals.zip

Probably it is modded original WG code from another file, so it is so long ?

 

1593900834_Beztytuu.thumb.jpg.b209aa369f3388fdeb091a941fd1a8f8.jpg

 

image.png.c6aeae583bb18bf77c1d749ec4173ae8.png

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,215 posts
13,273 battles
2 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

Altought I never had the neccesity to demount all flags from a ship...

It can be very useful in certain situations. For example if you want to grind the 15 wins in Co-op for legendary modules and don't want to waste flags for this as it doesn't matter in Co-op. Also next months it will be most likely very useful when WoWs celebrate anniversary and they stick to the 1 Supercontainer per tier 10 ship in port. We have to play the ship to receive the SC and the fastest way is to play a Co-op game. Now imagine you want to do this with 18 or more tier 10 ships in Co-op. That would be a lot of wasted flags or a lot of clicking to demount all flags first. It's a niche-Mod that can be very handy.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
773 posts
14,122 battles

I understand the purpose but I believe there are more important things to implement in UI (automatic opening of pre selected rewards for me that would be so much more useful. So I do not have to watch an animation of resource box being delivered and click one more time to open it).

 

I am not using mods so, it makes no difference to me, but job well done deserve to be recognized, thumbs up for the modder.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles

As much as I like it, until it's a part of mod station, I'm not touching it.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,904 posts
10,749 battles
4 hours ago, Odo_Toothless said:

Now we are waiting for a mod for remount of previously demounted signals. The only way WG would have will to do such "improvements" is monetize them by selling in a premium shop. It's sad, but true.

 

Anyway this mod was not made in one day. It has almost 110.000 ??! (yes - 110 thousends) of lines and warning of decompilation I have never seen before. Here is source of this script in .txt file. Unpacked is 4.5 MB of text ... demount_signals.zip

Probably it is modded original WG code from another file, so it is so long ?

 

1593900834_Beztytuu.thumb.jpg.b209aa369f3388fdeb091a941fd1a8f8.jpg

 

image.png.c6aeae583bb18bf77c1d749ec4173ae8.png

Somethjng wrong in the code???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,274 posts
23,754 battles
Vor 5 Stunden, Odo_Toothless sagte:

Now we are waiting for a mod for remount of previously demounted signals.

Flag profiles.

More to the point, saveable ship profiles.

You know? Like even the Windows desktop has been having for a few decades. And as I'm writing this, I can't believe I'm using a Micro$oft product as a reference for anything.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SPUDS]
Players
413 posts
12,439 battles

When a "demount all button" is pretty much a big milestone for an interface. Tells you about the state of it. It´s a joke that we still have to endure this mess and the latest "improvments" are just masking all the flaws the UI has.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,792 battles
2 hours ago, Blixies said:

As much as I like it, until it's a part of mod station, I'm not touching it.

wouldn't surprise me if wg banned people using this mod even though it does nothing to help your gameplay

I only run wg legal mods and mostly only once the new patches have been released for a day or so to make sure the problems have been sorted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTR3M]
Players
141 posts
10,205 battles

Ok, modder had a good idea and knowledge how to make it done, so, what`s the problem with that?

 

OP not understanding that games with active modder community is a win/win situation because players can have useful feature, content, or whatever while developer can spend resources on something else.

 

Yep, bad WG ...

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,575 posts
4 hours ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Unfortunately, now that there is a mod that does it WG will feel even less a reason to do it themselves properly.

 

So it's 'less than zero'. Are we talking about Kelvin territory?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,398 posts
24,445 battles
6 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Somethjng wrong in the code???

 I am not an expert. I use that decompiling program from two years and first time I see such warning message - just saying. Probably everything is ok, but this should be clarified by mod maker.

 

->It would be the best idea, but I am realistic in expectactions. I bet It would not happen soon, if at all.

4 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Flag profiles.

More to the point, saveable ship profiles.

You know? Like even the Windows desktop has been having for a few decades. And as I'm writing this, I can't believe I'm using a Micro$oft product as a reference for anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,338 posts
12,731 battles
4 hours ago, konean said:

When a "demount all button" is pretty much a big milestone for an interface. Tells you about the state of it. It´s a joke that we still have to endure this mess and the latest "improvments" are just masking all the flaws the UI has.

It's not all merely masking. The contact list now doesn't take several MINUTES to open and is kinda instantaneously, just to give an example 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,469 posts
20,771 battles

I once did a test on demounting the flags.

 

Eight flags took 40 seconds and 16 clicks meaning that it takes 2.5 seconds to demount one flag. Not bad in it self but imagine doing it a couple of hundred times and the time starts stacking up and the wear on the mouse as well.

I remember a video by Quickybaby after he did a missionmarathon in WoT. He ran the numbers and found out that he had spent 4.5 hours just waiting for the matches to start during the marathon. The seconds stack up…..

 

 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
[BBMM]
Players
7,290 posts
11,052 battles
10 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

It can be very useful in certain situations. For example if you want to grind the 15 wins in Co-op for legendary modules and don't want to waste flags for this as it doesn't matter in Co-op. Also next months it will be most likely very useful when WoWs celebrate anniversary and they stick to the 1 Supercontainer per tier 10 ship in port. We have to play the ship to receive the SC and the fastest way is to play a Co-op game. Now imagine you want to do this with 18 or more tier 10 ships in Co-op. That would be a lot of wasted flags or a lot of clicking to demount all flags first. It's a niche-Mod that can be very handy.

Same thing if you need to re-mount the flags.... 

 

We had some games that I modded, with a group of other guys. 

It was a racing game and we modified new tracks, new cars and cars + tracks from other games in it. 

In the end we even modded our own new tracks and cars from scratch. Also re-done the user interface. 

 

The thing is, once you have such things happening it means lots of other things can get modded, too. 

That may be a good thing or a bad thing - depending on the one that mods it and the ones using it. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,018 posts
245 battles
4 hours ago, biker_618 said:

Ok, modder had a good idea and knowledge how to make it done, so, what`s the problem with that?

 

OP not understanding that games with active modder community is a win/win situation because players can have useful feature, content, or whatever while developer can spend resources on something else.

 

Yep, bad WG ...

YEs because a multi millionaire games tech corp shouldnt be blasted for failing to inplement basic features that should of been in their games from day one.

 

i know, its hard to be competent at your job when you have too much monies but that doesnt excuse them at all.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,278 posts
13,051 battles

It's a relatively simple yet critical addition to the game which does away with the very fiddly nature of adding and removing individual flags from numerous ships, especially when you have so many ships in your port. It's a nice feature to have and those not in favour do not have to use it, but my bet is those who advocate so loudly against this brilliant, far overdue feature will no doubt use it, and I bet quite a lot.

 

I myself am hugely surprised WG have not implemented this feature yet, it's actually a massive oversight on their part if you ask me and almost unforgivable. WG are not by any means a small company, nor are they incapable of this. I suggest people look past their fanboy-based bias and look at this very practically. I want to spend more time in battle, not freakin clicking buttons demounting signal flag after signal flag one at a time.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTR3M]
Players
141 posts
10,205 battles
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

YEs because a multi millionaire games tech corp shouldnt be blasted for failing to inplement basic features that should of been in their games from day one.

 

i know, its hard to be competent at your job when you have too much monies but that doesnt excuse them at all.

Multi millionaire tech corp gave you option to play game for free legally and you are still complaining?

 

If we talk about P2P game, i would understand your stance, but not for game where your choice mean only additional content, not game by itself.

 

On the other hand I`ve seen a lot of games become better or staying alive because of mod community and some modders to become a part of development teams.

 

If you think that this is wrong, NHF but you are fresh gamer.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×