You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
booimbuu

premiums in need of a rework or buff ?

Do you want to see some of the older/forgotten premiums see get a buff and or a rework ?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see some of the older/forgotten premiums see get a buff and or a rework ?

• Yes
    • No

108 comments in this topic

Players
1,005 posts
14,581 battles

Only one I really feel strongly about, and nothing excessive:

HMS Hood to have same sigma and dispersion as Warspite. 1.8 1.9 (as of 0.8.3) vs 2.0 and 242m vs 218m but subjectively the guns feel worse than that.

Edit: as per MacArthur92 when I searched for sigma values the first result was a LWM post and not the patch notes. Apologies. I don't know why but the guns feel as wonky as German BBs. Possibly just bad RNG on my part.

• Cool 3

Players
101 posts
5,024 battles

I Persoanly would like to see a rework for USS Alabama its kinda the ugly duckling of the t8 uss bbs XD

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

Blyska maybe - sorta pointless ship these days, not particularly good at anything (at least not enough to be competitive)

• Cool 14

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

I can name one, Mikasa, up her secondaries, or a litle on her main gun accuracy, anything tbh. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 12

Beta Tester
1,110 posts
4,420 battles

Prinz Eugen feels like a terrible Hipper just needs something to make it feel special and German. Maybe super accuracy?

• Cool 2

Players
7,157 posts
245 battles

Krispeh kreme, because stalin will not be pleased to find smoll soviet ship underpowered :Smile_trollface:

Although some of the more lackluster ones could be improved, prinz ewbean, miss hoodings and blyska. (mind you so could the krispeh as well i guess).

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[NED]
Players
2,063 posts
8,050 battles
2 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I can name one, Mikasa, up her secondaries, or a litle on her main gun accuracy, anything tbh. :Smile_Default:

Mikasa is nr.1 on that list.

Another ship that could use some love is the Atlanta because its MM spread hurts it and it lost its AA capability with the rework (but maybe next patch fixes this i dont know)

• Cool 1

[SPAM]
Players
20 posts
11,173 battles

Don't agree with buffing premium ships , as long as they get the same or consistent buffs that the rest of the regular ships get.

At the end of the day you knew what you where getting when you bought them and there are tech tree ships that are getting left behind as well.

But saying that a Mississippi/Iowa buff to dispersion  would be welcome.

WG plan is new ship = better ship. old ship not good any more = buy new ship. you get better ship WG get more money = win, win apart from your bank account

• Boring 5

[-TPF-]
Players
4,023 posts
16,603 battles

I think most of them are OK (even Blyska). A little AA normalization would be good as several of these ships are woefully inequipped to deal with new CVS, but really the only hopeless ones are all those Tier II and III Russian cruisers, which look nice but are hopeless to play.

Players
101 posts
5,024 battles
6 minutes ago, gazzer21 said:

Don't agree with buffing premium ships , as long as they get the same or consistent buffs that the rest of the regular ships get.

At the end of the day you knew what you where getting when you bought them and there are tech tree ships that are getting left behind as well.

But saying that a Mississippi/Iowa buff to dispersion  would be welcome.

WG plan is new ship = better ship. old ship not good any more = buy new ship. you get better ship WG get more money = win, win apart from your bank account

I Whould dis agree with not buffing for the simple reason the game has changed since allot of us bought these ships and there gameplay/preformance is allot worse then what it used to be the best example of this is the atlanta and its aa and yes there are allot of mainlines that are in need of buff's(most of the germans XD) but having certain ships especialy some ships with big names attached to them be welll crap is not good for wg nor there owners

• Cool 1

Players
101 posts
5,024 battles
7 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

before buffing, they should nerf those premiums that need to be nerfed...

i belive they said at some point that they will never do this as it could bring them some legal trouble

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,146 battles
34 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

Only one I really feel strongly about, and nothing excessive:

HMS Hood to have same sigma and dispersion as Warspite. 1.8 vs 2.0 and 242m vs 218m but subjectively the guns feel worse than that.

Hood got a sigma buff in some patch (0.8.3?) and has now 1.9... people, read patch notes! 

Players
101 posts
5,024 battles
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

Hood got a sigma buff in some patch (0.8.3?) and has now 1.9... people, read patch notes! 

yes it did but they did gut her special aa with the cv rework ^^

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,146 battles

The Roma needs some love with dispersion, Błyskawica some little reload buff, Indianapolis that is pretty sluggish. 

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,146 battles
1 minute ago, piet11111 said:

Talking dispersion i would also add Tirpitz to that list.

Nah mate, Tirpitz in comparison to Roma is pretty consistent. Don't forget that Roma has too much of pen - overpens on broadside cruisers full broadside. When they angle slightly you get the citadel. But this is so tricky :etc_swear:

[NED]
Players
2,063 posts
8,050 battles
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

Nah mate, Tirpitz in comparison to Roma is pretty consistent. Don't forget that Roma has too much of pen - overpens on broadside cruisers full broadside. When they angle slightly you get the citadel. But this is so tricky :etc_swear:

Roma is indeed way worse but Tirpitz has its wonky shots as well and considering tier 8 gets uptiered all the time i would not mind a bit of a quality of life accuracy tweak.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,146 battles
3 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Roma is indeed way worse but Tirpitz has its wonky shots as well and considering tier 8 gets uptiered all the time i would not mind a bit of a quality of life accuracy tweak.

Yeah I know. It's not good I'm telling it's wonderful. But you have also secondaries and in some drastic moment - torps. Roma? Her secondaries are a joke. So all she has in fact - her main guns. That suck. :cap_fainting:

I'm not saying that you don't get powerful hits. But it's much less consistent and sometimes less impactful that other T8 BBs. :cap_old:

Players
312 posts

Duca degli Abruzzi, anyone?

I mean, maybe it gets better with a 14cp captain or something, but without IFHE I'm finding hardly anything pens at all, the torps are "meh" despite their good range, and easily avoided with only three in a salvo, she's one big floating citadel with a rudder made out of cardboard prit-sticked to the back.

It's certainly possible I'm missing something, I don't claim to be a particularly great player or anything, but IIRC even LWM's review of the ship said she was lacklustre.

Oh, and I kinda like the Roma :/  Maybe when I've played her some more I might come to detest the guns when the dispersion dice rolls have a chance to even out, but she has been giving me citadels against broadside Edinburghs thanks to being able to stealth up to them, which is more than I hope for with the Tirpitz.

[MORIA]
Players
7,471 posts
37,146 battles
13 minutes ago, Ace42X said:

Duca degli Abruzzi, anyone?

I mean, maybe it gets better with a 14cp captain or something, but without IFHE I'm finding hardly anything pens at all, the torps are "meh" despite their good range, and easily avoided with only three in a salvo, she's one big floating citadel with a rudder made out of cardboard prit-sticked to the back

Without ifhe you don't have the full potential ofc. It's good, the heal helps, enough amount of funds, good reload and troll torps. Hey the ifhe and you'll love it. More consistent than the Roma. 

• Cool 1

Players
7,157 posts
245 battles
11 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Without ifhe you don't have the full potential ofc. It's good, the heal helps, enough amount of funds, good reload and troll torps. Hey the ifhe and you'll love it. More consistent than the Roma. 

in other news the world of tanks devs thought it would be a good idea to have dogtags in the game that flash up in front of your face everytime you die. Kinda how it was awhile ago.

love how they fail to pass on the most basic details and feedback nevermind anything else.

krispy doughtnut needs dat love doe.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
478 posts
10,688 battles

Campeltown, Mongohan, Gallant, Tashibana (twins). They could use a rehaul making them worth playing. Now they are portqueens.