You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

Those who managed to get recruits (either new or returnees) via the referree-program. How many of those are still active after a couple of weeks?

20 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

I managed to get 4 people referred to the game (2 returnees, 2 new people, all via Reddit), but after a few weeks, only one of them is still playing semi-regularly. The others managed to get between 40 & 340 points, before going silent.

So I was wondering, how is the situation at your side (you can check it here)? Is there a problem with retention (of both new & veteran players)?

[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
15,042 battles

Actually I've recruited just one - a guy asking for referral link on reddit who played NA but wanted to play on EU. He is damn active and I am saving to send him the biggest container. 

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

One returnee playing activly (recieved a small and a medium container from me so far) and even recently refered his own recruit.

Two other returnees came back on their own without an invite. Also currently playing on a semi-daily basis.

The game just isn't for everyone. Those who enjoy it do come back.

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

I got only one so far, still helping him get used to the mechanics and gameplay, witch shipline to go in tranimg room and coop. 

But i thinke he'll be pretty active :Smile_Default:

Players
1,769 posts
18,911 battles

When the game first went into open beta I managed to convince 6 good friends to try it out and they were pretty regular but they all lost interest with update 0.8.0 and not one was willing to try playing again. 

So I can understand why others are having difficulty getting friends to return. 

[DAVY]
Players
2,842 posts
13,969 battles

just one so far, he played quite a bit and got just over a 1000 pts, but now has quit...

6,234 posts
10,682 battles

So far have only one and he's still playing (that's .... five? six? weeks or so). Mostly plays on weekends, since I get a bunch of recruitment points (between 150 and 300) when I log into the game on monday.

Hasn't reacted to any contacts so far (probably wants to be left alone, I guess).

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,101 posts
20,009 battles

Not referals but out of the 3 irl friends I used to play with none are still active. Two lost interest (they never were seriously invested anyway, so that was expected), one left because of the CV rework.

Beta Tester
135 posts
3,352 battles

Two colleagues at work. 1 played perhaps 5 or 6 times, the other installed the game but never played it.

Players
7,142 posts
245 battles

I showed my friends this game and said it was boring as hell and had stupid mechanics (objects turning invisible based on certain conditions).

they went bak to black deeeesert onpine because the combat was far better in terms of fluidity and speed.

makes me wonder if they expected queen elizabeth to karate chop and final flash everything to death in 2 secs on teh maps.

oh well.

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles

I used the referral program to invite a real life friend back to the game as he hadn't played in years but had expressed an interest in returning. He played a handful of games and then drifted off again. Haven't seen him online in weeks now.

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
44 minutes ago, Bluestrategist said:

So only the bots have stuck it out.

Nah, they all left as soon as the monetary rewards stopped. WG can't even get bots to keep playing their game.

• Funny 3

Players
834 posts
11,719 battles

Back in 2015, i started the game together with 2 friends. Both of them left when the first big captain skill rework happened. To me they said that they didn't want to invest hours into planning and respeccing, but i think that it was just the last straw that broke the camel's back. They wanted to leave and now they had their reason.

I invited one of them some months ago so he could collect his free Warspite, but on the very next day he said that it wasn't his cup of tea any more. He hasn't logged back in since then.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,286 posts
24,409 battles

I would not recommend this game in the state it is now. 

[SCRUB]
Players
3,818 posts
18,331 battles
22 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Not referals but out of the 3 irl friends I used to play with none are still active. Two lost interest (they never were seriously invested anyway, so that was expected), one left because of the CV rework.

Same here. 3 irl friends I played with, all quit with the CV rework (I also play substantially less); only one of them I can sometimes convince to start the game again.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Of all the people I referred (you could refer people back in the days when you got some coal for it for the first 3), and the 5 I currently have in this program, only 1 still plays. IIRC, I referred 9 or 10 people in total... that's just sad.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,798 posts
6,659 battles

Well, having added 157 BOT players in total, I switched the program off, but but but, my AI was too good and they still continue to play of their own volition.....

image.png.02e9bbd1f1c340ec548a467435a29387.png

• Funny 1