Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SturmGonzo

ships steering

6 comments in this topic

Players
15 posts
22,460 battles

Hello, i have noticed that when you are steering towards an island, you can not set your rudder midships anymore, it jumps from half right (for example) to full left, and vice versa, i am wondering if it is a bug or if it is some setup issue of my client. It costed me alot of useless deaths tho, while i was focusing on the enemy the ship just started turning broadside while i was assuming it was heading straight... 

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
605 posts
5,329 battles

There is a setting called "auto collision avoidance" or something like it ......... disable it.

(Omg ... just noticed you have 15k battles .... if you've been sailing for 15k battles with this setting on active it has been responsible for soooo much annoyance and unexplained turns :Smile_hiding:)

• Cool 4

Players
6,338 posts
12,769 battles
9 hours ago, SturmGonzo said:

Hello, i have noticed that when you are steering towards an island, you can not set your rudder midships anymore, it jumps from half right (for example) to full left, and vice versa, i am wondering if it is a bug or if it is some setup issue of my client. It costed me alot of useless deaths tho, while i was focusing on the enemy the ship just started turning broadside while i was assuming it was heading straight... 

Iirc these was actually a bug with steering near an island. If you were using auto-pilot, I'd suggest to disable this feature.

Players
3,274 posts
23,882 battles
Vor 18 Stunden, SturmGonzo sagte:

Hello, i have noticed that when you are steering towards an island, you can not set your rudder midships anymore, it jumps from half right (for example) to full left, and vice versa,

There seems to be a current bug that does that sometimes when you try to use the rudder lock keys q or e to straighten out your rudder. Until WG fixes it, which will probably take at least three more weeks, best just tap D or A once instead and the rudder will straighten itself out.

Players
641 posts
4,135 battles
19 hours ago, SturmGonzo said:

This is a bug. I have collision avoidance OFF and mine does the same. It has caused me to die several times now by getting stuck on islands and is very annoying.

Players
3,672 posts
12,649 battles

Talking about steering.....Doing my head in the amount of times my gears get took out in the Charles . :cap_haloween:

Sign in to follow this