Jump to content
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Fight for Premium Ships – The Battle of Savo Island

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
4,046 posts

Might be just me but for some reason this "hard" mode for the US is nowhere near the one the IJN had the last time.

I'll traditionally play the IJN side but I do get premonitions that the US will win this one easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2 posts
977 battles

Why is this a raffle? Nice way of getting hundred thousand gameplay hours in a weekend and give away 3 pixel ships, grind for tanks and ships is pretty bad but at least you have a guaranteed reward, you gonna have tens of thousands of raffle tickets to compete against, so you are better off buying that PowerBall ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,274 posts
24,001 battles

The thing where you assign personal combat missions that players are "not expected to complete" as a provisional makeshift placeholder/attempts counter - well, apart from creating needless confusion, doing it this way simply does not communicate technological prowess.

 

It should be easy as pie for an international tech company with over 4,000 employees to add a simple, professional-looking and functional, dedicated  counter to its user interface for such a special event. Choosing not to do that communicates its own message.

 

This reminds me a bit of writing Toyota press kits back in the day. With each and every new car they promised to get the interior right this time around, you know, with nice-looking materials and a quality feel like a German car. But every time, it was the same nasty-looking shiny old cheapo plastic again.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAPD]
[BLAPD]
Players
18 posts
9,971 battles

I'm so confused on this, I joined the Allied side and under personal combat missions it wants me to complete and potentially win 1000 battles by the 12th August!? I mean how is that even possible, is this some error by WG or do they expect people to go berserk playing over the weekend? I'm guessing they may mean collaboratively amongst the side you are playing for but it's very obtuse and not really worth the grind in that case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JR-IT]
Players
255 posts
16,186 battles

Nice job setupping the article: All japanese stuff on the left, all allied stuff on the right BUT the buttons to partipiate on the wanted SIDE! Nice job there!!

Also good luck getting doubloon compensation for Alaska!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Team
134 posts
4,779 battles
33 minutes ago, CalamitousFelicitousness said:

Why is this a raffle? Nice way of getting hundred thousand gameplay hours in a weekend and give away 3 pixel ships, grind for tanks and ships is pretty bad but at least you have a guaranteed reward, you gonna have tens of thousands of raffle tickets to compete against, so you are better off buying that PowerBall ticket.

There are guaranteed, individual and random prizes for this event.  

This was based on community feedback from the last event

Now you've got more chances to get ships, and much more will be given out compared to the last event. 

 

(odds of winning the UK lottery are about 45,057,474 to 1 - you have more chance of winning here!:cap_like:

 

14 minutes ago, Landiel said:

I'm so confused on this, I joined the Allied side and under personal combat missions it wants me to complete and potentially win 1000 battles by the 12th August!? I mean how is that even possible, is this some error by WG or do they expect people to go berserk playing over the weekend? I'm guessing they may mean collaboratively amongst the side you are playing for but it's very obtuse and not really worth the grind in that case.

From the article: 

 

"You are not expected to complete these missions. They are only there to help you calculate how many points you've accrued for your side."

 

6 minutes ago, ledgeri said:

Nice job setupping the article: All japanese stuff on the left, all allied stuff on the right BUT the buttons to partipiate on the wanted SIDE! Nice job there!!

Also good luck getting doubloon compensation for Alaska!

It's being flipped as we speak, thanks for noticing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Team
134 posts
4,779 battles
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Win 1000 battles, reward one (1) credit??? :Smile_amazed:

 

WG, you really are spoiling us!

From the article: 

 

"You are not expected to complete these missions. They are only there to help you calculate how many points you've accrued for your side."

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,658 posts
Just now, SeaSickOllie said:

From the article: 

 

"You are not expected to complete these missions. They are only there to help you calculate how many points you've accrued for your side."

 

Ah okay.. missed that information. Thanks for explaining it to me. :Smile_great:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.... but I still expect to get that REWARD after winning them 1000 battles, okay? :Smile_coin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,474 posts
9,386 battles
29 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

Ah okay.. missed that information. Thanks for explaining it to me. :Smile_great:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.... but I still expect to get that REWARD after winning them 1000 battles, okay? :Smile_coin:

Bragging rights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,075 posts
15,102 battles

Thank you for making an in-game tracker this time.

 

If it works I don't care how it was implemented (some people are never satisfied).

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HNFC]
Players
74 posts
8,655 battles

WeeGee is taking the f*cking PISS on my head... personal mission??? 1000 Battles?? in 3 DAYS?!?!?!? in RANDOM??? BEING IN THE TOP 2 of XP ???   ARE YOU SERIOUS!???

This is not hard, it's IMPOSSIBLE!!! 

shot-19.08.08_23.42.21-0876.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,658 posts
Just now, tasman_devil said:

WeeGee is taking the f*cking PISS on my head... personal mission??? 1000 Battles?? in 3 DAYS?!?!?!? in RANDOM??? BEING IN THE TOP 2 of XP ???   ARE YOU SERIOUS!???


This is not hard, it's IMPOSSIBLE!!! 

 

shot-19.08.08_23.42.21-0876.jpg

 

Scroll up. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,658 posts
10 minutes ago, tasman_devil said:

I did, this is still F.king stupid. 

 

Well, it seems it's the only way they could make it possible for us to track the points in the client. So I'd rather have it in this way than not at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
296 posts

And yet again you guys kinda screw the co-op crowd, with the first mission being random battles... WG, y u do dis???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,075 posts
15,102 battles
2 hours ago, MoveZig said:

Oh goody, another event that uses RNG for its rewards. Count me out.

10 points guarantees you 5 Shadow Lurker camouflages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Team
134 posts
4,779 battles
5 hours ago, The_Listener said:

Buttons not working... :Smile-angry:

 

 

2 hours ago, SplatterFest said:

 

Yeah wtf is going on with that?!

Hey, could you both give me a little more detail? A screenshot of what happens after you click a button? 

It could possibly be your internet browser, so maybe try another? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×