You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OldDawg

Tier 9 sucks ?

57 comments in this topic

[AOLH]
[AOLH]
Players
30 posts

Hey guys,

Is it just me or do i get the feeling that tier 9 ships sucks so much that people eventually will grab to their credit card to buy more doubloons to buy tier 10 ships?

I know this game is based on good marketing, and nothing wrong with that, but between tier 8 and 10 it seems they want you to skip tier 9 as fast as possible.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,034 posts
25,515 battles

I still have a lot T9s. And they are mostly fun to play. Even Izumo is not so bad. :-)

I dont know where your Opinion come from? As i see it, you have not so much T9 played?  Fletcher, Taschkent, Udaloi, jutland... kitakaze... so much fun to play DDs... for example. 

As i see it, some people rush too much to T10 and should have played more T5 to 7 to learn. Instead they rush to T10 to be top tier always... and can not deliver there...

• Cool 5

[AMOK]
Players
1,966 posts
8,828 battles

There is only 1 T9 that really really sucks and this is der "Alte Fritz". This ship doesn't deserve the name. The rest is quite ok and some are pretty good.

[N3XUS]
Players
37 posts
375 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Depends on the ship.

Some are good, some not.

My brother says: Alaska is good ship, Georgia is crap (very bad guns) compared to Massachusetts (VIII); Massy has far better turning and far better torpedo protection (he says Massachusetts even does not fear any T10 ships, as long as there is sufficient scouting for dd's; he plays his Massy 100% full secondary specced, brings him lots of credits!)...Georgia however, 6 guns only (????) is totally crap ship, does far less damage than Massy 9 guns 206 mm hard hittings. Lenin (VIII) does ok (very nice ship to look at also, with the special perma camo, drapers, nice), yes, not as good as Massy, but yes, ok. What my brother means to say: some tier 8 ships are even stronger than any tier 10 ships, that is what he says (he read your posting, he cannot post himself (banned for next 10 years), so he asked his twin sister to do so). bye, I love this game, especially tiers 2 and 3, nice! And I have my own account Ashashio (VIII) which, according to my brother beats all other destroyers, simply the best destroyer ever in WOWS (according to my brother). Love this game! My Aurora (III) is great fun! bye

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,981 posts
7,359 battles

Georgia is great.

Most tier 9 are good by now. The weakest were the cruisers but most of them got multiple buff.

Izumo is a beast now with all the buff it got too.

• Cool 1

[N3XUS]
Players
37 posts
375 battles
2 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Georgia is great.

Most tier 9 are good by now. The weakest were the cruisers but most of them got multiple buff.

Izumo is a beast now with all the buff it got too.

no, my brother goes sleeping but he read your last posting. He says Georgia (IX) is the very worst ship in tier 9 he ever played. And he played almost all and some 23K battles (must say my twin brother, love him, is always honest). That he said. (he also said: I divorced her in the past). Maybe, he says, Massachusetts (VIII) best ever battleship in game? 710 turning, 9 devastating guns, great armor, float-plane, enormous great 11.3 secondaries. My brother says that possibly Massachusetts (VIII) best ever battleship in WOWS, just as Asashio Black is the very best destroyer ever in game WOWS. I am just messenger. I just started (always played and play WOT)I merely play tiers 2 and 3 and I love this game, just started. I love my little cute Wakatake (III), such a lovely little ship, love it!

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Players
3,681 posts
12,695 battles

IMHO on the ones i've personally got and grind:

1) Izumo crap. 

2) Donky love it!

3) Fletcher better than the Gearing

4) Jean is good, but sailed by muppets half the time

5) Alaska is solid.

6) Georgia gets killed too quickly with people doing what they think it's good at....And it's not. But its a solid ship. 

7) Neptune is hard to play correctly

8) Buffalo enjoyed, hard hitting guns and good support ship

9) Roon is hard to play correctly. 

10) Lion has horrendous accuracy. 

11) Kitakaze is strong for its tier

12) FDG i personally like it, but you need to know who to play it.

So tier for tier they are good ships. :cap_like: However, it's the divide between tier 10 and tier 9 that is the killer.

So out of the all the tier 9's i have/had, which ones are BETTER or at least equal to their tier 10 counterpart?

I would say only the Fletcher who can equal a gearing. :cap_tea: The Alaska is sort of different but does well in tier 10 games. 

All the other tier 10 ones will hands down beat a tier 9 to death. Tier 8-9 have a much closer gap IMHO.

A Kidd can beat a Fletcher. Hell i have beaten Gearings in a KIDD

A Yo-Yang can beat a Kit

A Massa can beat a Iowa

A Enterprise can beat a Midway

A Bis/Tirps can beat a FGD

So alot of people buy tier 10 ones eventually when they are getting curb stomped by tier 10 and are so close.  So Yes to answer your question. They also do it to play Tier 10 CB effectively.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
32,533 posts
16,289 battles
21 minutes ago, Raganax said:

My brother says: Alaska is good ship, Georgia is crap (very bad guns) compared to Massachusetts (VIII); Massy has far better turning and far better torpedo protection (he says Massachusetts even does not fear any T10 ships, as long as there is sufficient scouting for dd's; he plays his Massy 100% full secondary specced, brings him lots of credits!)...Georgia however, 6 guns only (????) is totally crap ship, does far less damage than Massy 9 guns 206 mm hard hittings. Lenin (VIII) does ok (very nice ship to look at also, with the special perma camo, drapers, nice), yes, not as good as Massy, but yes, ok. What my brother means to say: some tier 8 ships are even stronger than any tier 10 ships, that is what he says (he read your posting, he cannot post himself (banned for next 10 years), so he asked his twin sister to do so). bye, I love this game, especially tiers 2 and 3, nice! And I have my own account Ashashio (VIII) which, according to my brother beats all other destroyers, simply the best destroyer ever in WOWS (according to my brother). Love this game! My Aurora (III) is great fun! bye

I know of NO Tier IX ship that is weaker than an Tier VIII ship.

Georgia is one of the strongest performing BB on Tier IX.

• Cool 3

[UTW]
8,981 posts
7,359 battles
5 minutes ago, Raganax said:

no, my brother goes sleeping but he read your last posting. He says Georgia (IX) is the very worst ship in tier 9 he ever played. And he played almost all and some 23K battles (must say my twin brother, love him, is always honest). That he said. (he also said: I divorced her in 

Who cares about what he think ? Georgia is a great ship. Not the easiest for sure, but factually it works and is fun to play.

And having a lot of battle means nothing if you are a 40% WR, never improving player.

• Cool 1

[N3XUS]
Players
37 posts
375 battles
10 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

A Massa can beat a Iowa

A Enterprise can beat a Midway

Redcap375, before he goes to sleep, my brother saw your name: he asked me to send following message to you:

"Redcap375, you are great minded and you have have deep insight. I always admired you and I still do. How nice to read your postings"

That is what my brother wanted me to message. Now I go playing some and my brother goes sleeping.

Players
2,140 posts
14,864 battles
5 hours ago, OldDawg said:

Hey guys,

Is it just me or do i get the feeling that tier 9 ships sucks so much that people eventually will grab to their credit card to buy more doubloons to buy tier 10 ships?

I know this game is based on good marketing, and nothing wrong with that, but between tier 8 and 10 it seems they want you to skip tier 9 as fast as possible.

Some do, others are fine. Fletcher is tier for tier the very best in the whole US DD branch. Most DDs are good actually. Seattle, Roon, Izumo, Iowa... nothing wrong with those either.

In fact I'd say many tier VIIIs are even in a worse spot due to the MM.

2 hours ago, Donar79 said:

There is only 1 T9 that really really sucks and this is der "Alte Fritz". This ship doesn't deserve the name. The rest is quite ok and some are pretty good.

I enjoyed that ship. Honest to God. :Smile_hiding:

1 hour ago, Raganax said:

no, my brother goes sleeping but he read your last posting. He says Georgia (IX) is the very worst ship in tier 9 he ever played. And he played almost all and some 23K battles (must say my twin brother, love him, is always honest). That he said. (he also said: I divorced her in the past). Maybe, he says, Massachusetts (VIII) best ever battleship in game? 710 turning, 9 devastating guns, great armor, float-plane, enormous great 11.3 secondaries. My brother says that possibly Massachusetts (VIII) best ever battleship in WOWS, just as Asashio Black is the very best destroyer ever in game WOWS. I am just messenger. I just started (always played and play WOT)I merely play tiers 2 and 3 and I love this game, just started. I love my little cute Wakatake (III), such a lovely little ship, love it!

Asashio Black? Really?

And that writing style...

[AMOK]
Players
1,966 posts
8,828 battles
Vor 35 Minuten, Taliesn sagte:

I enjoyed that ship. Honest to God. :Smile_hiding:

giphy.gif

:cap_haloween:

Players
2,140 posts
14,864 battles
7 minutes ago, Donar79 said:

giphy.gif

:cap_haloween:

I swear, look at my first two sorted by PR:

28quvbn.jpg

The first two I researched I think, I'm regressing...

[AMOK]
Players
1,966 posts
8,828 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Taliesn sagte:

I swear, look at my first two sorted by PR:

28quvbn.jpg

The first two I researched I think, I'm regressing...

Man i believe you i just don't understand it :Smile_veryhappy:...just kiddin. Maybe there comes a point were i can overlook the trollish guns and begin to like the FdG. The first games with Izumo were kind of similar. I found the guns most unreliable. But then i realised that Izumo is quite a good ship and i like playin her.

[UTW]
8,981 posts
7,359 battles

Izumo got buffed so much it's a very good ship by now. Accurate. Fast shells. Very good armor. It's a bit slow and lacks AA but that's about its only downside.

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,080 battles

all they need to improve izumo is flip the 3rd turret so its neslon style. That's literally it. otherwise:

3 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

1) Izumo crap. 

2) Donky love it!

3) Fletcher better than the Gearing

4) Jean is good, but sailed by muppets half the time

5) Alaska is solid.

6) Georgia gets killed too quickly with people doing what they think it's good at....And it's not. But its a solid ship. 

7) Neptune is hard to play correctly

8) Buffalo enjoyed, hard hitting guns and good support ship

9) Roon is hard to play correctly. 

10) Lion has horrendous accuracy. 

11) Kitakaze is strong for its tier

12) FDG i personally like it, but you need to know who to play it.

I agree pretty much. FDG is basically a trainer for the currywurst, which is bigger and slower. Roon is more of a defensive kiting since all the turrets are at the rear, so better on a weaker flank at long range. Also you forgot iowa, average BB in all aspects except for AA, and Sovetsky Soyuz, which is basically Russian bias 1.0

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
605 posts
5,329 battles

Tier 9 destroyers are generally better then their Tier 10 counter parts.

The exceptions are the IJN torpedo line, and maybe the Germans ?? (I don't have the Germans)

But Fletcher, Chung-Mi, Kitikaze and Jutland are hands down better then the Tier 10's

• Cool 1

Players
312 posts
25 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Izumo got buffed so much it's a very good ship by now. Accurate. Fast shells. Very good armor. It's a bit slow and lacks AA but that's about its only downside.

At 10km against a beached broadside Alaska I had only a small proportion of each salvo land, it easily survived multiple salvoes.

Of the shots that did land, the "fast shells" punched right through.  That isn't a virtue.

It's "good armour" is really only of value circumstantially (when kiting, specifically).  If you want to get third turret in on the action, you have to present an easily penetrable angle, if you want to go bow-on, you will quickly lose one or both of your front two turrets and be incapacitated for the rest of the game.

Players
8,023 posts
245 battles
3 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

Who cares about what he think ? Georgia is a great ship. Not the easiest for sure, but factually it works and is fun to play.

And having a lot of battle means nothing if you are a 40% WR, never improving player.

ummm...

if you read his comment closely...

doesn't it remind you of someone? :Smile_trollface:

@Taliesn looks familiar doesn it? :Smile_trollface:

@El2aZeR what do you think?

also wat do peeps think of miss saint louis hmm?

a bit chonky but i havent gotten a 15pt (nevermind 19pt) cap on her, more or less wondering how i should the play the ship in the first 5 mins of the game (top tier or not).

• Funny 3

[LADA]
Players
756 posts
9,614 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I know of NO Tier IX ship that is weaker than an Tier VIII ship.

Georgia is one of the strongest performing BB on Tier IX.

Izumo says hi.

Player stats are inferior in every way that matters to the Amagi. 

No argument about the Georgia however. 

[UTW]
8,981 posts
7,359 battles
6 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

ummm...

a bit chonky but i havent gotten a 15pt (nevermind 19pt) cap on her, more or less wondering how i should the play the ship in the first 5 mins of the game (top tier or not).

Of course I noticed who is behind this account.

• Cool 2

[-AP-]
Players
3,110 posts
7,869 battles
3 hours ago, Raganax said:

Not to be that guy, but it sounds like your brother is really bad at this game... Whats his account name?

• Funny 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,976 posts
21,241 battles
9 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

ummm...

Who would that be?