Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Diaries: Update 0.8.7

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

WG Team, Master Pirate, Sailing Hamster
2,322 posts

We're getting ready for the second part of the French arc, and would like to tell you about some of the improvements we’ve made to the matchmaker and AA defense mechanics.


Read it on the portal
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Why again a commander hidden behind time-limited tokens (and then coal)? What is wrong with awarding commanders via a (hard but not time-gated) campaign like Halsey & Yamamoto? Why do we still have the campaigns-tab anyway, it's not seeing any use anyway?

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
13 posts
2,956 battles

So when are we going to get more special commanders for IJN ?  could use some commanders with some buffs to Expert marksman and so on. and plz stop this limited time thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,675 posts
12,148 battles
42 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Why again a commander hidden behind time-limited tokens (and then coal)? What is wrong with awarding commanders via a (hard but not time-gated) campaign like Halsey & Yamamoto? Why do we still have the campaigns-tab anyway, it's not seeing any use anyway?

You can't insert surprise mechanics into campaign

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
11,245 posts
7,633 battles
52 minutes ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

improvements we’ve made to the matchmaker and AA defense mechanics

 

Improvements...?

 

@MrConway - will there be a second round of PTS with somewhat reasonable numbers? The first one clearly wasn’t?

 

Or are you plan a monkey AA button that insta-kills 40% of any squadron? If you do I want the same as secondary insta-kill-DD button 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,675 posts
12,148 battles
3 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Or are you plan a monkey AA button that insta-kills 40% of any squadron? If you do I want the same as secondary insta-kill-DD button 

BB instakill button?

Screen_Shot_2019-01-17_at_4.22.43_PM.jpg

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
11,245 posts
7,633 battles
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

BB instakill button?

Screen_Shot_2019-01-17_at_4.22.43_PM.jpg

 

No meant a button for BBabies that isnsta-kills 40% of all DDs’ health pool in range :-)

 

Something comparable - you know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,675 posts
12,148 battles
3 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

No meant a button for BBabies that isnsta-kills 40% of all DDs’ health pool in range :-)

 

Something comparable - you know 

I know right?

 

But DD instakill button actually might be wanted by some... speschul players, because you know, daDDies attacking baBBies and whatnot:cap_book:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
161 posts
21,204 battles

Have not played for since update 08.4 finished  and this patch does nothing for me. Classic line ''CV will look for another target''. Good luck finding another target that doesn't also have the AA buff. Seems like another CV nerf it will get to the stage that AA will be so good the only option left will be to up the Alpha damage on CV armaments and we will be back to square one. No one really plays CV maybe 1 in 4 games but still they nerf it. As for the MM algorithm it seems it will only kick in if you have played a certain amount of games then you will be out of Que for higher tiers. Does that mean as soon as you play a game at the correct tier the algorithm resets  and you are back in the Que for high tier again? A new collection more premium containers and the normal time restricted directives that give poor rewards or leave you just short so you have to buy containers to get what you want.  Good luck in the future but I will pass on this update also as there is absolutely nothing in there that makes me want to play again.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CIRC]
Beta Tester
5 posts
12,398 battles

Russian destroyers: Everybody can see me from 9 km. I am so easily spotted! 
French destroyers: ...... Hold my beer !

 

As was said before, the french destroyers would have been fun if it was before the Carrier rework. but since you can permaspot a destroyer until he uses smoke.... frenchies are kinda fucked.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
9,750 battles

Would be nice to see some T10 carrier players in Random Matches someday. Currently it's like in a dead desert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAZY]
Beta Tester
136 posts
13,284 battles

And there you go, announcing yet another new collection, when players can simply not complete the previous 2 , because there are no containers in the armory to obtain those with coal or steel.

I am talking about the "Belle Epoque", "3 years world of warhips collection"'  and soon also  the ""In the service of the motherland" collection).

This is what WG could do: show us the containers for the  containers above are available in the armory first , and then - maybe - we start collecting anything new...

 

It may be fun for a developer to research and print new collections every update or so, but why artificially limit the ability to complete a collection that is almost complete ?

It just makes no sense, from a collection point of view, to play for it, and not being able to complete it at the end....

 

You think those limitations enhances the fun of collecting ?

- Newsflash 1. no, it makes us just forget about them, sooner or later...

- newsflash 2. most of us will not be spending doubloons in premium shop  for it either, if thats the only way to complete them; They are not that important after all.

 

Or WG could limit the "duplicate"' shenanigans to 3 , instead of 5 to get a missing piece.

 

@Sehales, and or @Crysantos, would you be so kind to relay this to the developers in charge of collections and armory please ?

 

There have been other players as well asking to solve this, in the Question and Answer section of the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
8,777 posts
44,697 battles
7 hours ago, Garfield4 said:

And there you go, announcing yet another new collection, when players can simply not complete the previous 2 , because there are no containers in the armory to obtain those with coal or steel

I did complete all collections before 14th of July. Idk how can anybody nor complete it until now. Unless he's playing 5 battles a week. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAZY]
Beta Tester
136 posts
13,284 battles
3 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

I did complete all collections before 14th of July. Idk how can anybody nor complete it until now. Unless he's playing 5 battles a week. 

It is not surprising someone who plays this game 5 hours a day can easily complete all collections.

Idk how  can anybody play 25,691 battles in this game. Unless he's playing 150 battles a week and 700 battles a month on average.

 

Just to give you some perspective: the  beta-testers i have seen posting on this forum have 5000 to 8000 battles total, roughly 2000 battles a year maximum.

Average Joe casual player, the majority,  probably plays al lot less.

Average Joe cannot complete these collections that easily,  if at all...

 

It is my perception that  casual players in this game should be able to complete collections if  they play 10 or 20 battles a week regular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
8,777 posts
44,697 battles
21 minutes ago, Garfield4 said:

It is not surprising someone who plays this game 5 hours a day can easily complete all collections.

Idk how  can anybody play 25,691 battles in this game. Unless he's playing 150 battles a week and 700 battles a month on average.

 

Just to give you some perspective: the  beta-testers i have seen posting on this forum have 5000 to 8000 battles total, roughly 2000 battles a year maximum.

Average Joe casual player, the majority,  probably plays al lot less.

Average Joe cannot complete these collections that easily,  if at all...

 

It is my perception that  casual players in this game should be able to complete collections if  they play 10 or 20 battles a week regular.

 Idk why it's showing 25k+ battles on forum when it's 24k+ with randoms, co-ops and ranked. It does count CBs? Idk.

Note that half of the games I played with divisions, of not clans and divisions I wouldn't have played half of that. I'm opening 3 containers per day so that's why it was easy, mostly I need 7-8 battles to do that, if bad WR 10. Do I don't need to play my average 15-18 in fact. It's nice to play with friends from clan, that's why I'm still here. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,052 posts
58 minutes ago, Garfield4 said:

It is not surprising someone who plays this game 5 hours a day can easily complete all collections.

Idk how  can anybody play 25,691 battles in this game. Unless he's playing 150 battles a week and 700 battles a month on average.

 

Just to give you some perspective: the  beta-testers i have seen posting on this forum have 5000 to 8000 battles total, roughly 2000 battles a year maximum.

Average Joe casual player, the majority,  probably plays al lot less.

Average Joe cannot complete these collections that easily,  if at all...

 

It is my perception that  casual players in this game should be able to complete collections if  they play 10 or 20 battles a week regular.

And some Alpha ones with 6500 battles.

But I took 1 year break after open beta hit. Kinda tired of regrinding the same lines for the 4th time.......hence I don't give a sh** about the NTC, cause I know how utterly boring it is to regrind ships.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-YR-]
Players
821 posts
On 8/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, The_EURL_Guy said:

We're getting ready for the second part of the French arc, and would like to tell you about some of the improvements we’ve made to the matchmaker and AA defense mechanics.


Read it on the portal

I am sorry but honestly I do not understand your logic.

By now you should have enough data on your Holy spreadsheet to confirm that High Tier CV are disappearing from the game. 

AA is totally unbalanced and still you want  to make another gigantic buff ? 

I remember when Musashi was released : Strong Guns Strong Armor , Balancing weakness manouvrability and poor AA

Now even Musashi got good AA.

Do you realize that this way to proceed has made some ships totally unbalanced??? 

Don't know, It's summer it's hot perhaps this are the effects of the heat. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-YR-]
Players
821 posts
22 hours ago, Endarfin said:

As was said before, the french destroyers would have been fun if it was before the Carrier rework. but since you can permaspot a destroyer until he uses smoke.... frenchies are kinda fucked......

Do not agree 

French DD starting from tier VI have good AA and are fast. you can easily dodge. Beleive me there are better targets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TBHXX]
Players
16 posts
16,628 battles
On 8/8/2019 at 5:01 PM, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

No meant a button for BBabies that isnsta-kills 40% of all DDs’ health pool in range :-)

 

Something comparable - you know 

Get a Georgia with all secondary upgrades, modules and a 19 pts captain with all related skills. Secondary reload time 2,7 sec , -80% dispersion, range 11,3 km. Makes dd captains spam the engineboost- and smokebuttons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×