Brew_2016

game crashing

14 comments in this topic

Question

[TMD]
Players
2 posts
7,161 battles

getting pretty pissed of with the game crashing and i,m coming back pink because i left the game early. i didn't leave the game chucked me off

13 answers to this question

Players
841 posts
11,801 battles

Can be a lots of things. Computer ( when did you last time reinstall system?), Aslain( if you install), but most of the times is internet connection. I have fibre at home but when I am at night shift in hotel during 3 hours disconnect me 2-3 times.

Players
2,305 posts

First and foremost check all your drivers are up to date and that your system spec meets minimum game requirement...

If they are below minimum you will need better hardware.

Check your game integrity via WG, scan and fix any problems if you can.

If that is okay check any programs running in the background that may interrupt your game

If that is okay check your connection to the internet, if you're using wifi do you have anything affecting your connection like portable house phone or even your own mobile phone if it competes for the wifi.

If you are Cat5 (cable) connection check that the cable is securely inserted into your modem or computer.. a change from Cat5 to wifi because of a loose connection will always cause disconnection..

If all are okay then as I did last year delete and do a complete fresh reinstall from scratch..

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,354 posts
9,629 battles

Your machine is probably overheating. Pour some water on top of it every now and then and it will run just fine.

• Funny 1

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
11 hours ago, Brew_2016 said:

getting pretty pissed of with the game crashing and i,m coming back pink because i left the game early. i didn't leave the game chucked me off

It is probably your internet service provider or a network connection between your router and Wargaming. Run Pingplotter, aim it first at a reliable site such as Google at the same time of day your are trying to play WoWs. This will be your datum point and you may already see the internet connection dropping out and solve the problem. Then aim it at the WoWs server you are using and see if the connection is dropping out at WG's end. You can save the graphs showing the signal dropping out as screen shots to send alongside your complaint to Customer Support of either your internet provider or WG.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
12 hours ago, Sambor1966 said:

but most of the times is internet connection

1 hour ago, 250swb said:

It is probably your internet service provider or a network connection between your router and Wargaming.

Erm ... game crashing and disconnects are distinctively different problems and the two aren't typically correlated at all.

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
44 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Erm ... game crashing and disconnects are distinctively different problems and the two aren't typically correlated at all.

So your advice is that he should do nothing?

I don't know what his exact problem is but it just seemed to me that there is often a subtle similarity in the players mind between being disconnected from the game and the game itself crashing, both can exhibit similar symptoms. Yes both are different causes but in the spirit of getting off one's arse and being proactive I didn't think it could hurt to double check the connection to Wargaming first as it's the easiest thing to do. However I bow to your superior inertia, do nothing is the way to go.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
19 minutes ago, 250swb said:

subtle similarity in the players mind between being disconnected from the game and the game itself crashing, both can exhibit similar symptoms.

They're really not exhibiting similar symptoms. A disconnect brings you back to the log-in screen with the game still running. A game crash either freezes the game up until the non-responsive process has been terminated or it will directly CTD.

19 minutes ago, 250swb said:

So your advice is that he should do nothing?

Did I say that? Absence of something doesn't mean advocation for nothing!

Obviously the advice would be to get in contact with support, as should ANY first step for technical issues be that a person isn't familiar enough to troubleshoot on their own. This really needn't be said at all, but I suppose common sense ain't as common as it should be.

[TMD]
Players
2 posts
7,161 battles
On 8/7/2019 at 8:10 AM, 250swb said:

It is probably your internet service provider or a network connection between your router and Wargaming. Run Pingplotter, aim it first at a reliable site such as Google at the same time of day your are trying to play WoWs. This will be your datum point and you may already see the internet connection dropping out and solve the problem. Then aim it at the WoWs server you are using and see if the connection is dropping out at WG's end. You can save the graphs showing the signal dropping out as screen shots to send alongside your complaint to Customer Support of either your internet provider or WG.

thks will try it

Players
5,979 posts
11,601 battles

game crashing

On 8/6/2019 at 9:16 PM, Brew_2016 said:

Have you tried turning it off and then on again? :cap_like:

Ok, but seriously, what do you expect us normal users to do about this?

You should send a ticket to WG if you can't get it back on the road again. But on the forums we can't help you with messages like this one here.

[L4GG]
Players
3,263 posts
10,868 battles
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:16 PM, Brew_2016 said:

crashing like this?

I reinstalled the game, now  works again.

[RODS]
Players
1,332 posts
7,283 battles

I used to have loads of this type of issues with my old fiber connection 10 up -100 down, I recently upgraded to 500 up - 500 down (actual speeds are over 600 both ways) and now the issues have more or less vanished.

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,264 posts
8,683 battles

Okay hold your horses people.

First things first, go into your crash logs, get the latest log and save it to your desktop. Then go to the customer support center here and send them a support ticket detailing your issue with your crash log. Your file location should be around C:\WorldofWarships\crashes

While you wait for an answer, I suggest you run an integrity check of the game files which you can do so using the game client. In the portal client, without the game running, click on "Game Settings" and in the dropdown menu click "Check and Repair" and let it do its thing. Hopefully that will fix things.

If that doesn't do it, check your driver versions are up-to-date for your graphics card.

Good luck.

Players
445 posts

No issues for months, multiple game crashing, get back in my ships now a toasty cinders, look for reasons, none, just any shoddy patch full of shoddy coding, so how about refunding my flags WG, I bet I get no answer, too busy milking players pockets, fantasy ships and just BS there way through streams, not listening to the player base, glad I'm spending more time on other combat games, they seem to actually test things and respect their players !!

@MrConway

Sign in to follow this