Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bartleby74

On the topic of AAA -the carrier's perspective.

9 comments in this topic

[2CMF]
Players
128 posts
9,794 battles

Things I hate:

- AAA puffs all over the screen making  effectively impossible to avoid them. Let us dive or climb to avoid flak in 3 dimensions, not 2, will you??

- a single flak puff destroys all your squadron. That's [edited]. Limit losses to only 1 plane per second inside the flak puffs -and even that would be egregiously high.

- slingshotting and squadron shortening because second attacks are suicidal. Turning planes can not avoid flak in any way. Let us launch only one attack flight at a time.

- spotting squadrons and shooting AAA through mountains and islands. Like, really?

Things I would like:

- the less planes that are left in a attack flight/squadron, the less likely they are to be shot down, until the last plane is nigh indestructible and will be able to attack 90% of the time

- flying above or below the flak, YET, Dive Bombers have a minimum height for attack and Torpedo Bombers have a maximum height for attack (thus, avoiding AAA might make impossible to attack without turning around)

- turning planes simulate climbing and diving and are A LOT more difficult to hit, making it possible to perform a second attack

- "x" gray marker for torpedo lead on airplanes. DDs have it, why not airplanes??

- alternate squadron mechanic: squadrons loiter at one point, then attack flights depart it and perform attacks until the squadron is depleted. Loitering squadrons are invisible and can't spot ships on their own (simulate flying above the clouds). To prevent loitering right by the enemy fleet, attack flights take several seconds (5? 10?) to be ready to attack after they leave the loiter point. Also squadrons can't loiter for longer than 120 seconds before hitting "bingo" and heading back to the CV (incurring a ordnance resupply cost).

- remove CVs altogether and give us our money back, CVs don't belong in a gun ships game.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
3,130 posts
11,051 battles

There is one thing I know.  Out of 8 games tonight I have not seen one CV. In fact, not seen a tier 10 CV for ages....

I think they are done for.

[2CMF]
Players
128 posts
9,794 battles
3 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

There is one thing I know.  Out of 8 games tonight I have not seen one CV. In fact, not seen a tier 10 CV for ages....

They're quite miserable to play, it's no wonder that 8 DD battles are back too.

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,190 battles

Cvs where the big thing for this year and wg made a shed load out of them but they are a class only a few play and now wg has sucked the cv players dry they have now nerfed them to death

Is this a bad thing? Well for me not really as I love to play all classes and I do feel cvs are not balanced or remotely well incorporated into the game but they are better than the rts version

Wg will never remove the cvs and refund your money so get used to it

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,795 posts
19,006 battles
52 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Your welcome to have my luck 3/4 of my games had CVs in most being tier 10. 

Although lord knows why anyone can enjoy rework game play.

[_DMP_]
Players
651 posts

First there is a CV thread to discuss this. 

Second @Bartleby74 is quite right with his opinion. CVs are nerfed in oblivion and WG declares 8.7 as a buff (small) for CVs. It's another fat nerf straight in the face. WG is showing prem cv buyers straight up middle fingers as this horse podo is as much away from balance as the 8.0 cvs. It's certain that wegreed had a nerf list prepared in 8.0 and works after that list no matter how ridiculous it will become. After two patches no fix for AR and the heal but two more fat nerfs. To keep cvs relevant with this aa they would have to scale the alpha for each bomb and torp at 25k. 

Players
3,130 posts
11,051 battles

Well I cant believe people actually brought premium CV's in this rework.  I think it's the funniest thing ever.  I'm glad I sold (got all that free XP back too) every single one of them as I could clearly see the writing on the wall. 

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,610 posts
6,390 battles

Actually, from what i remember of wargamings community contributor carrier presentation, carriers are still topping the charts on average damage, average spotting, average kills, average survivability and match impact when the data is normalized against player skill/behavior, all these graphs are available from this stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0PPtIIPIso

Them being fun to play or not is another question entirely, and because of the basic system that wargaming went with(Simple constant action harassement versus a mostly automated system(aa)), carriers cant be fun to play and balanced at the same time, it is impossible by design, wargamings design.

So when it comes right down to it, statistically, carriers still needs nerfs to be brought in line with other classes match impact, its gonna make them real boring to play, but hey, when choosing between overall game balance, or the enjoyement of one out of place class, game balance comes first second and third. If you want to make them fun and balanced at the same time, a rework is the only way. Deja vu

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,039 posts
10,875 battles

Thanks for the ideas OP,

Please use the sticky CV thread next time.

Gd'day