You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ErickBloodGun

T10 must play with T10. End of the story.

53 comments in this topic

Players
194 posts
3,446 battles

The title should be quite self-explaining.

I'm kinda sure the issue has already been dealt with in other discussions. However, yesterday I heard a guy saying in a battle that in the next patch Wargaming should fix matchmaking. Can this be true?

Because nowadays matchmaking is really an issue.
It's really annoying when you get to t8 to see that your ships, despite all that good they can prove to be (Bismarck or Akizuki, for instance), are mostly uncapable of dealing with the monsters you find at 10. I'm perfectly aware that also on t5 things usually get hard, when you get out from the safe zone and find your konig dealing with a Gneise or Nagato etc., but I found it quite manageable when compared to higher tiers. This also because in t10 u find experienced players, with top tiers ships, top or legendary armaments, mods and captains.

Some of you may argue that for every t8 ship on a t10 battle, there will always be another t8 ship counterpart in the opponent team, to balance the battle, and this is true. However, even if the battle is theoritcally "balanced", my game experience is not balanced at all. And for unclear reason my winning rate drammatically drops on t8 ships (while in t7 I'm around 60% as an average, and in all games I currently have around 63%). In another account, my t10 ships do not suffer the decrease in victory rate I taste in t8.

As a whole and concluding, considering that today there is a very consistent number of players playing on t10 (probably more than in any other tier), it should be advisable in my opinion that the matchmaking should be t10 with t10 and leaving the lower tiers in other games. 

I don't care if (as a t10) i need to wait a couple of minutes instead of 20 seconds to have the battle ready to join in, I care about having fair games, and it is not fair by any means when your bismarck instead of facing another bismarck (or even a bayern!) must face a kurfurst or a yamato with 19 skilled captains and legendary mods.

I assume I'm not asking too much and I hope this issue will be fixed in the very next future.

Thank you fellow captains for your attention!

• Cool 12
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,106 battles
Just now, Bear_Necessities said:

Sorry no. MM is fine. Has been for ages. Any ship at T8 can damage or kill a ship that is T10. 

But the T8 atm see too much T10. Hope it'll be changed with 0.8.7

• Cool 7

[SHAFT]
Players
10,258 posts
9,069 battles

T6 facing T8 is more unfair than a T8 facing a T10 ship...

T6/7 DDs dont have concealment modules compared to T8/9 so they have huge disadvantage in spotting

T6/7 BBs cant overmatch T8/9 BBs, but can be overmatched in return - often everywhere.

Cruisers are often in a bad spot regardless which tier their at when being bottomtier -2. But T9 BCs can lolpen some T7 Cruisers.

The goal cant be to shaft midtiers into oblivision, so people can spam T8 ships all day long because reason. What some T8 ships can do when toptier is unholy. Lately ive had some toptier games in Balti and Massa... you just violate them. Get the right BBs, and you can just sit there in Baltimore and snack them slowly while they shatter on your armor :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 5

Players
3,428 posts
14,187 battles
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

But the T8 atm see too much T10. Hope it'll be changed with 0.8.7

Love going up against T10’s. The exp reward is great. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[BS4]
Players
1,339 posts
7,434 battles

Tier8 v 10 is always a bit of a nasty surprise depending on where you are in the MM order but you learn to deal with it. you just have to play more of a supporting role and be smart if low or bottom tier.

I find Tier 8 goes tits up when the server is busy but have no data to support this. just an observation.

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,106 battles
Just now, Bear_Necessities said:

Love going up against T10’s. The exp reward is great. 

On DDs always. On Tirp/Roma/Mogami... Nope. 

• Bad 1

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles
7 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Sorry no. MM is fine. Has been for ages. Any ship at T8 can damage or kill a ship that is T10. 

Can damage maybe. Is it a enjoyable game. Nope. 

Kaga and Implacable are dreadful against T10

[ADRIA]
Players
290 posts
12,670 battles

T5 in t7 is the worst then its t6 in t8 and t8 in t10 is completely fine even if youre the only t8. There have been many topics about t8 mm and it is not really as big of an issue imo. Yet people forget poor new yorks have to play against sinops and unicum atlanta players... 

Bonus problems come with cvs. 

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,106 battles
3 minutes ago, gustywinds said:

Can damage maybe. Is it a enjoyable game. Nope. 

Kaga and Implacable are dreadful against T10

Kaga can manage, but Implacable... Nope. For some ships it's really hard and some can be almost useless in the T10 kampa. Lenin and Vlad also struggle to get into effective position.

Players
7,147 posts
245 battles
17 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

just need tier 11 and tier 12 ships to circumstance dat :Smile_trollface:

maybe a few secondaries sprinkled on top as well? :Smile_trollface: (ill be suprised if you get the reference).

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,806 posts
17,132 battles
14 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

T6 facing T8 is more unfair than a T8 facing a T10 ship... 

Well playing T6 cruisers against tier 8's for sure is unfair because those do not have heal. Oh, wait... :Smile_child:

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,106 battles
10 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

just need tier 11 and tier 12 ships to circumstance dat :Smile_trollface:

maybe a few secondaries sprinkled on top as well? :Smile_trollface: (ill be suprised if you get the reference).

Oh no.... Now WG will make T11 post WW2 ships of the late 50s and 60s... We're screwed. 

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles
8 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Oh no.... Now WG will make T11 post WW2 ships of the late 50s and 60s... We're screwed. 

I wouldnt mind, id like me a A150 :Smile_trollface:

Joke aside, you know it'll be subs before that mate, roight:Smile_bajan2:

Players
7,147 posts
245 battles
28 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

noice bit of 4x4 520mm's m8, don't worry i heard 1960 russian bb's managed to be some of the best battleships in modern history. :Smile_trollface:

at least el2azer gets 1960's entyfat, fun and balans! :Smile_trollface:

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,481 posts
6,079 battles

Don't mind the MM as much as one side has more scrubs and the game is over before it even gets started.. No fun for the losers or much fun for the winning side to. 

Not really wows issue but player ability problems :/

Players
194 posts
3,446 battles
1 ora fa, Miki12345 ha scritto:

T5 in t7 is the worst then its t6 in t8 and t8 in t10 is completely fine even if youre the only t8. There have been many topics about t8 mm and it is not really as big of an issue imo. Yet people forget poor new yorks have to play against sinops and unicum atlanta players... 

Bonus problems come with cvs. 

NY would suck also against t5 konig or kongo, simply because NY sucks :)

[CAIN]
Players
4,516 posts
19,062 battles
16 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

I thought that was WGs goal.

Nope. 

WGs goal is to screw DD, CA and BB players as hard and as often as possible while kissing the a$$es of CV players while stroking them. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,106 battles
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

noice bit of 4x4 520mm's m8, don't worry i heard 1960 russian bb's managed to be some of the best battleships in modern history. :Smile_trollface:

at least el2azer gets 1960's entyfat, fun and balans! :Smile_trollface:

Pls no 

No God Please No! 22072019150337.jpg

• Funny 1

[BODEM]
Players
799 posts
7,026 battles

Everyone thinks T8 is fine. That's why T8 premiums sell so well and there ain't pages upon pages at for instance the summer sale forum posts about people not buying T8 because the constant T8 MM into T10 matchs is so very awesome xD The OP has the tight of it IMO, as T8 is the most upscaled tier around. Also T10 has the most experience players playing in a ship that has veen played by them to death as they don't upgrade to someyhing else. T10 is also the tier that has the strongest ships around like Yamato, Conq, Worchester, Minotaur, etc against T8 eight ships including thise named above that have less armor, range, heals, etc. 

Also even if other crappy MM uptiers exist, that doesn't matter for the T8 to T10 discussion. Making T10 a single tier MM or not has no effect on MM on other tiers, so no need to drag those into the discussion.

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,106 battles
19 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Nope. 

WGs goal is to screw DD, CA and BB players as hard and as often as possible while kissing the a$$es of CV players while stroking them. 

Yeah especially from 0.8.4 to 0.8.7 . Sure :Smile_teethhappy: :cap_book:

[NWP]
Players
2,816 posts
16,932 battles
7 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

Making T10 a single tier MM or not has no effect on MM on other tiers, so no need to drag those into the discussion.

Erm wut?

OFC it has, if you make TX a sinlge tier that'll mean that tier IX will always be toptier. Which is something rare atm. So it most certainly has an impact of other tier MM...