Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SHARKFORCE1975

Frustrating Potato Teams

90 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
63 posts

Let me start by saying that as a player I'm average at best,and I admit I potato too from time to time. Now,this topic is not about how bad the other players are on your team or the mistakes they make,but to ask you the question: how do you guys (and girls) deal with the frustration of being on a team full of potatoes both during and after a game?

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
3 minutes ago, SHARKFORCE1975 said:

Let me start by saying that as a player I'm average at best,and I admit I potato too from time to time. Now,this topic is not about how bad the other players are on your team or the mistakes they make,but to ask you the question: how do you guys (and girls) deal with the frustration of being on a team full of potatoes both during and after a game?

After 2 of such games I turn off the game and make a 30 min breake or take a division with my clanmates/friends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
427 posts
8,204 battles

Easy.. I don't care, because I'm a potato myself  I try to do my best and learn. If I find someone worst than me patience... If you don't want to find vegetables you better play clan battles and save anger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,910 posts
1 hour ago, SHARKFORCE1975 said:

how do you guys (and girls) deal with the frustration of being on a team full of potatoes both during and after a game?

You stop playing and cook instead. 

img75602.1426x713.thumb.jpg.c804b5cfb214d8c995e695b294b2431e.jpg

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,920 posts
2 minutes ago, SHARKFORCE1975 said:

Let me start by saying that as a player I'm average at best,and I admit I potato too from time to time. Now,this topic is not about how bad the other players are on your team or the mistakes they make,but to ask you the question: how do you guys (and girls) deal with the frustration of being on a team full of potatoes both during and after a game?

First ten defeats I had in this current meta, I got chat banned.

(Exploded in chat, rightfully got the ban) I got torped, shot at, left to die like a dog, had a team abandon base (whole team) and got the long way to capture enemy's who in the meantime walked in ours and took despite my efforts, lost games cuz team refused to kill or cap to win it, lost games where everyone was shooting the NOT obvious target (radar ship, dds, fast moving flanking bb etc), had teams that fought it out in chat while the game was on and we were losing, got called out for cowardice, stupidity, stubbornness (for not dying fast enough) and a weekend player. Said the same things.

 

Then I just responded with humor (after the ban),

inside I die a little bit after each loss and I can't find happiness in the hard earned wins. Mostly cuz I lost games where I did really well and it was for nothin. My play suffered and it was at that point that I decided to approach each game with my pre-summer mentality. Assume all your team are bots and do not give them any attention. Play as I'm all alone from start and I need to defeat a fleet. It is difficult but I understand the monumental task and I feel better if I fail (a little.)

 

In the rare chance (I play aki and riche mostly) i meet a forumite in the team or have a competent player then my whole game changes and I enjoy every moment as even in defeat I know there's someone in the team that tries and I redouble my efforts :)

 

It is a very taxing situation and I feel you.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
63 posts
4 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Rage a bit in chat, empty my report supply and quit the game. Why?

Tried all of that,doesn't make me feel better....trying to find something else that helps me not get a heart attack from frustration:Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
1 minute ago, SHARKFORCE1975 said:

Tried all of that,doesn't make me feel better....trying to find something else that helps me not get a heart attack from frustration:Smile_veryhappy:

Some tea maybe? :cap_tea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
63 posts
4 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

First ten defeats I had in this current meta, I got chat banned.

(Exploded in chat, rightfully got the ban) I got torped, shot at, left to die like a dog, had a team abandon base (whole team) and got the long way to capture enemy's who in the meantime walked in ours and took despite my efforts, lost games cuz team refused to kill or cap to win it, lost games where everyone was shooting the NOT obvious target (radar ship, dds, fast moving flanking bb etc), had teams that fought it out in chat while the game was on and we were losing, got called out for cowardice, stupidity, stubbornness (for not dying fast enough) and a weekend player. Said the same things.

 

Then I just responded with humor (after the ban),

inside I die a little bit after each loss and I can't find happiness in the hard earned wins. Mostly cuz I lost games where I did really well and it was for nothin. My play suffered and it was at that point that I decided to approach each game with my pre-summer mentality. Assume all your team are bots and do not give them any attention. Play as I'm all alone from start and I need to defeat a fleet. It is difficult but I understand the monumental task and I feel better if I fail (a little.)

 

In the rare chance (I play aki and riche mostly) i meet a forumite in the team or have a competent player then my whole game changes and I enjoy every moment as even in defeat I know there's someone in the team that tries and I redouble my efforts :)

 

It is a very taxing situation and I feel you.

I feel your pain....I imagen most of us do at this point

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
1 minute ago, SHARKFORCE1975 said:

A tea break is not a bad idea:cap_yes:

Enjoy the last hours of Sunday...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,352 posts

Even as the self proc;aimed King of Potatoes, I too take a break now, but if you want a real rage fest, play WoT's, this game id not nearly as bad as that one, but I do share your sentiments and every player on here good or bad will have the same sort of games, whether they have high or low stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Friends. Share with them, play with them, laugh with them.

Since thursday I had mostly defeats in random battles, yet I keep playing because it doesn't bother me. There is more to the game then winning.

 

Edit 4 hours later:

And right after this post my losing streak ended. Now I'm mostly winning again.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,692 posts
23,827 battles
Před 28 minutami SHARKFORCE1975 řekl/a:

Let me start by saying that as a player I'm average at best,and I admit I potato too from time to time. Now,this topic is not about how bad the other players are on your team or the mistakes they make,but to ask you the question: how do you guys (and girls) deal with the frustration of being on a team full of potatoes both during and after a game?

Well. Quit Wows, start Hunter classic. I can blame only myself if something goes wrong (bad shooting) and you can't meet potatoes here. I'm playing it a lot,  because player base of wows is actually... meh. And lot of them are pretty triggered snowflakes.

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

If randoms get too crazy, grab a few pals/clanmates, and go have fun in a traning room, 12v12 St Louis, or whatever comes to mind :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
7 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

If randoms get too crazy, grab a few pals/clanmates, and go have fun in a traning room, 12v12 St Louis, or whatever comes to mind :Smile_honoring:

Nah better to take Mikasa :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles
11 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Nah better to take Mikasa :Smile_trollface:

Thats one is a classic :Smile_Default:

Try this combo.. 12v12 V-25 torps only and watch the madness :Smile_veryhappy:

 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
1 minute ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Thats one is a classic :Smile_Default:

Try this combo.. 12v12 V-25 torps only and watch the madness :Smile_veryhappy:

 

This would be crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
63 posts
1 hour ago, NoobySkooby said:

Even as the self proc;aimed King of Potatoes, I too take a break now, but if you want a real rage fest, play WoT's, this game id not nearly as bad as that one, but I do share your sentiments and every player on here good or bad will have the same sort of games, whether they have high or low stats.

I've played WoT....but I'm old and crap,and my reflexes aren't as good as they were when I was 20-something...the slower pace of this game suits me better.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
10,250 posts
9,063 battles

I just play less... Id like to play more, but it gets only worse and worse as its mostly not bareable. When i think about the games afterwards, often it boils down to this: "Which of those matches were actually fun?" Quite often lately, its not fun at all :Smile_sad:

Roflstomps are just too much.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,773 posts
18,925 battles

Usually I switch over to scenario battles yes some people there can still be really awful but at least playing bots isn't as stressful.

 

Alternatively if I'm not too bothered I take out the most fun and OP boats I possess such as the Kamikaze R, Yukikaze (not OP but a lot of fun) or the Belfast, even if the battle is still a complete loss I have at least had some fun in ships that can take care of themselves. 

 

Back up plan I go and annoy the girlfriend and give up gaming for the night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
490 posts
8,673 battles

i play lower tiers as the frustration seems to be less down there, but the few games i won today were hard won, no easy victories.....lots of easy defeats though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
412 posts
12,498 battles

Sit back and remember the other team is full of potatoes too...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,144 posts
245 battles
2 hours ago, TheComedian1983 said:

Well. Quit Wows, start Hunter classic. I can blame only myself if something goes wrong (bad shooting) and you can't meet potatoes here. I'm playing it a lot,  because player base of wows is actually... meh. And lot of them are pretty triggered snowflakes.

Play world of tanks.

 

that will certainly change...:Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

 

or warthunder for extra salt and 'engaging mechanics'. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
463 posts
7,225 battles
3 hours ago, SHARKFORCE1975 said:

Let me start by saying that as a player I'm average at best,and I admit I potato too from time to time. Now,this topic is not about how bad the other players are on your team or the mistakes they make,but to ask you the question: how do you guys (and girls) deal with the frustration of being on a team full of potatoes both during and after a game?

I find it particularly bad today. Played 4 games and you wouldn't believe how bad and how soon they were over. If I didn't know better I'd swear I was the only Human playing and the rest of my teams were bots. Moreover  no matter what you do you can't catch a break, your guns seem to be useless and only give your position away. You put out 2 fires and gain 3 more etc really frustrating. I find the best thing to do is simply quit and leave it for the day no point getting anymore frustrated.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×